11th Annual Victorian Gathering

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Been talking to others who've spoken to the Alpine Shire and so far their response has been High Plains Rd is closed between Great Alpine Rd and Jones Creek rd (or Jones logging rd or Little Dargo rd, depending on your map)
Which translates to McMillans Track/ Grant Rd should be accessible from Dargo end.
But this is not confirmed yet....
Stay tuned, we as re trying to verify as we speak.
Good work Brian, please keep me posted on this as I really want to come in this way if I can.

Grey Ghost

4x4 Earth Contributer
Good work Brian, please keep me posted on this as I really want to come in this way if I can.
@GippsSurfer spoke to Dargo store this morning who told him the road is open up to Mcmillans track turn off and sounds like it is just closed at the snow season gates at Hotham and Treasures Plain, so good news, so far.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Do any of you fellow have a name and contact number of someone in the Alpine Shire?
At least this way I can contact them while I'm down there before I move on from Falls Creek.

Grey Ghost

4x4 Earth Contributer
Not me sorry, Rob just spoke to Dargo post office to get his info. You may need to just google them and see what you can do.

greenmav

Do any of you fellow have a name and contact number of someone in the Alpine Shire?
At least this way I can contact them while I'm down there before I move on from Falls Creek.

Shire council number on a post a page or so back. I range them yesterday and they confirmed Dargo high plains rd is closed until end nov.

Cheers
Andrew

GippsSurfer

Dargo high plains road is closed from the great alpine Rd end through to Jones logging Rd (21km)

I spoke with the Dargo post office and the high planes road from the Dargo end is open past McMillans Rd.

I highly doubt anyone will get through from the Hotham end next week as the delwp crews are clearing and fixing the road..

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Not sure if I can make this trip now. Work has a deadline looming on the Friday and have been called for an early start the following Monday morning. Will see what the week brings, decide if I just come Saturday morning/leave Sunday.

greenmav

That’s it folks, officially and temporarily free (2 weeks), yay...on out way to see y’all Tuesday morning.........:):):)

greenmav

Not long now, one more sleep and we are on our way......feels Ng a bit like a kid at Christmas at the moment.....:rolleyes: