10th -11th of august

Luthy

Anyone keen for a weekend away? Have a few spots in mimd just need nymbers and where from will depend north or south of central coast

old parthy

Yeah , i will put my hand up to go for a weekend away... i may have both of my children with me.. 13 and 14.... I will be taking a trailer with me if that ok... we dont have swags... We are from sydney. dont mind if we have to travel a little....

Luthy

Yeah i will and can take the weekend after off. Ill just say no bwhahaha to working 7 days a week. Im thinking Watagans or something like that.half way between Sydney and newcastle and some good tracks and camping. Kids are welcome to come bro anytime. Hopefully maybe get a couple more to join and make it a fun weekend.

old parthy

With any luck I'm hoping that the DIY camper that i have will be finished and the VIN number ready from the RTA ... Been waiting over 4 weeks to get the VIN so far.. I still have my other trailer with the roof top and annex awning tent... if i have too .. All good ...

old parthy

So the trip is for the 3rd and 4th or the weekend after... it dont matter to me at this time ... just need to work out a few things

Luthy

Im thinking that we go to around the Pines camping area or if anyone knows a good spot around the area im easy. I wouldnt mind either checking out the southern end of Olney SF as i know theres some good tracks around there that are less travelled. I can take a trailer up and do some firewood collecting to make sure we stay warm during the night. Im pretty easy tho and if anyone has any suggestions we can work it all out. Maybe even duck into Ourimbah SF for the sunday on the way home but we will see how many people want to do that. As for amount of people there is plenty of room at the campsite and we have had a few cars running around at times so we sill see who comes along. Ill pribably head up friday arvo and can meet anyone at Morrisett friday arvo or saturday morning. Tracks will range from medium to hardish id think although if its to hard i dont want to damage my truck and will see what the consensus is if we keep going or turn around.

Everyone should come self sufficient for the time there, bring a minium of a cb radio and any rated recovery items they think they might need, a fun attitude and warm clothes. Also i will not take responsibility for any damages or injuries sustained during this trip. We will definitely try and minimise any risks to persons/vehicles during this trip.

Look forward to seeing those that come for a good weekend, few beers and a bit of banter around the fire!!!!!

03hilux

I'm keen mate. Although I have to work saturday until 1230, but can either try and find you or meet up at camp.

old parthy

sounds all good to me.. Happy with go with the flow .. .. i'm all kited out with gear and winch.. And yes damage can be a downer.. Thats why a good spotter will always make any driver look good....