1 million kilometer pajero

Albynsw

There was a Toyota dealer mechanic on the Hilux forum and he had one N95 that they serviced for a customer that hit 1 million k and another that was at 850k. He did say they were showing their age though

discomatt

I could not begin to imagine how bad it would be to drive, when I had my panel beating business I had the misfortune to drive an ex cab that had 850,000km , it was so worn out you could feel ever component even the body flex, move, rattle and squeak, when driving it over a curb I could feel the whole car flex and twist in ways it certainly should not.
I have also driven a Patrol that had about 750,000km and it was no better

CTL

Most of the kms would be at highway speeds, not a lot of stop/start city driving, no offroad, and the vehicle was regularly serviced. Still impressive

Albynsw

The style of driving she does is the best thing for it. Diesels in plant and equipment and boats does much better than stop start style driving in most cars do.

Rusty Panels

Impressive. An under rated 4wd.
I reckon Mitsubishi was very much under rated on many of it's vehicles. Both my son's had Magna V6 sedans for some time and they were great cars. They were excellent value for young people as they had all the bells and whistles and safety features of more expensive cars but cost way less. The main thing that turned most drivers away was that they were front wheel drive and the die hard Holden and Ford owners couldn't bring themselves to make the switch. As far as the mechanicals went it was the timing chain replacement that saw many of them sitting in driveways with grass growing up through and around them. I've replaced a couple and it's not a fun job. The dealers and mechanical workshops used to charge close to $2000 to replace the chain and water pump and they rarely lasted more than 160k.

linuxfan66

I could not begin to imagine how bad it would be to drive, when I had my panel beating business I had the misfortune to drive an ex cab that had 850,000km , it was so worn out you could feel ever component even the body flex, move, rattle and squeak, when driving it over a curb I could feel the whole car flex and twist in ways it certainly should not.
I have also driven a Patrol that had about 750,000km and it was no better

i have serious doubts the suspension is what it once was...
but if shes happy with it, no crime there

discomatt

i have serious doubts the suspension is what it once was...
but if shes happy with it, no crime there
No crime? it is the responsibility of a car owner to ensure the car is safe and performs well to keep other road uses safe, this woman gloats on how it has had one set of shockers , a perfect example why yearly green slips are a good idea, to keep the general public safe from irresponsible car owners.
She would trundle down the road in her car thinking it was a little tired but a wonderful and reliable car, most would get into it and wonder what the hell was wrong with it and be terrified of having an emergency situation

Last edited:

discomatt

Does every dealer customer do all the work the dealer says is required, I think not and there is no way on earth any shocker, after market or factory fitment will last anything close to those km

Albynsw

The mechanic who fitted up my new cruiser looks after a 79 that is a pilot vehicle and he clocks up 440k every 2-3 years
He must go remote as refuels from drums sometimes as well
A 70 isn’t the most comfortable vehicle to be tottering along at slow speeds but he keeps buying them so must be the most suitable for the job he does
The mechanic uses his vehicle as a test vehicle for filters etc because of what he does

RBJET

I bought an XR6 Turbo with 330,000km on it years ago and it was mint as it was always used for long haul trips.
Sold it with with 450,000km and 330KW. Wish I still owned it but too thirsty as a daily.