Search results

1. W

11/95 r50

I was wondering..... when i engage 4wd the car seems to pull to the left and right....i was wondering if that is normal for these, as my old Jeep and Jackaroo I have owned before did not do this... it is fine in 2wd. I read somewhere that this could be the characteristics of a auto diff...
  2. W

Conondale trek with a blast through Mt Mee

another great day out bush on the 8th of may. Only Wayne and myself again but we managed a fun but long day out. Starting out at Dayboro we decided that seeing no-shows that we could go to Conondale forest anyhow. so we travelled through Pegs Road up to the Gantry and headed north along...
  3. W

Diesel

Are the diesel Jackaroo's really that bad or are most good with some horror stories. There are some starting to pop up for under 10grand which market for that price in diesel is usually disco's the odd hilux. I had a petrol Jackaroo and found that ok but I had to sell it as I was having calf...
  4. W

Conondales

May 8 2014 Beerwah to Little Yabba Creek via Conondale Forest Meeting opposite Beerwah Shopping Village in carpark near video 2000 at between 9:00am and 9:15am. This trip is the reverse direction of trek 20 in "25 4x4 treks around Brisbane" book. This is medium difficulty trek and AWD...
  5. W

Easter 2014 Mt Mee

Great day with 8 cars all up. We started off at Lacey Ck entrance and did A Break and Jacky Ck Road and visited the Somerset lookout before lunch at Broadwater. Then some of us went played in some old quarries and headed back south to Oakey Break before heading back home. Here is some pics taken...
  6. W

Pathfinder auto

I managed to swap the old Jack for an older Pathfinder 11/95, first of newer model. Problem I have is it seems to be hanging onto lower gears a long time before it shifts up. Can't see a power/economy button. Checked gearbox oil level and it is full. Does the gearbox just need a service or is...
  7. W

Manual to auto

I have a Jackaroo with a manual gearbox. The clutch is skipping and carrying on after it warms up(trip in traffic or longer trip than the 20 minutes to my work) I've been quoted $995 new clutch fitted. Was wondering how much would need to be done to swap mine to an auto because as well as...
  8. W

Mountain View Road Narangba

I am surprised no-one has found this track and added. I haven't been on it in years but if it is still the same it's a fun way to get to Mount Mee. Last time I drove on it was after rain and I had someone with me. Let me know condition if anyone had been along it recently. Would love to know if...
  9. W

Mt Mee /b'desert-nerang

18th April(Good Friday) Expresiions of interest for a extra trip meeting at dayboro bakery at 8am. Return to Mt Mee, taking in Range Road, A Break, Jacky Ck road, oakey break, somerset lookout. Pack own lunch and bring water and camera(water needs treating at Mt Mee) Lunch at broadwater...
  10. W

Mt Mee

I was mucking around on tracks inside K Break when I decided to try a track off to the left(heading back to gantry on somerset side after the lookout). It went down to 2 signs saying no vehicle access to the right and straight ahead. On the way down there was a y intersection with a track going...
  11. W

Boonah

Myself and hopefully a few others from my work are going to Boonah on the 20th of march, meeting at JC Slaughter Falls at Mt Cootha @ 8am. The plan is if no rain for around 6 days beforehand we will hit the Condomine river track. If it rains in that period but not heavily for 3 days...
  12. W

98Jackaroo vs 80Hilux

Hi, after some opinions. I have a 1998 Jackaroo pet/man(3.5) and unfortunately these things seem to be worthless although she got me out of a jam when I went somewhere without a buddy that I hadnt been to before and got me out. Ive spent a lot but it still needs a lift, tapet cover gaskets...
  13. W

Newb From Brissy

Hi all, Real name is Wayne but friends call me Wally. Bought my first 4B and now have the bug. Vehicle is 98 Jackaroo. Plan to get a cruiser in a few years whilst trying to relieve some financial debt. Just starting up monthly drives at my work mostly easy and moderate difficulties. 20th of...