Search results

1. Rags90mod

From 76 Cruiser to 2021 Prado GXL

Good Points 7 seats Factory lockers Safety features like curtain airbags, etc It's brand new! Road manners Bad Points Pulling power (I miss my V8 cruiser) Exhaust note (see above point) What mods have you done? Stock as a rock for now, bullbar comes next month Engine, Suspension and...
  2. Rags90mod

Safiery charging system

I saw a brand called Safiery on an instagram post the other day and out of curiosity I googled it and found a website for a whole different sort of charging theory for 4wd and caravan/camper trailers... https://www.safiery.com/ They say that they can get a 400ah lithium battery bank charged...
  3. Rags90mod

Wiring in the dash

Last time I had some of the dash fascia off while I was getting the power & dash light feed for the airbag pressure gauge I thought I could really do with tidying up all the wiring in there Not sure what would be the best way to do it, but right now I've got a few different wires tapped in to...
  4. Rags90mod

Border Track

Looking to do the Border Track on the way back from a Great Ocean road, Otways and Grampians trip next month. We had to change our plans from doing the Gibb as none of the NPs in the Kimberly will be open until May so we weren't going to be able to see nearly any of the places we wanted to Not...
  5. Rags90mod

Great Ocean Rd, Otways & Grampians

The bride to be and I are planning on heading down to my parent's place at Cape Jaffa about the 4th April for a night before setting off to drive the Great Ocean road, checking out the Great Otways NP and then hopefully back through the Grampians. Also might try and squeeze in a big of...
  6. Rags90mod

Aggressive AT again, MT, or AT...

Starting to look at getting a new set of tyres for my 76 so that I've got new boots for my Kimberley trip in April 2020. For the main I've been pretty happy with the Kumho MT51's in 285/75R16 - 1 puncture from a screw and 1 out of 6 tyres has scalloped I'm tossing up between getting another 6...
  7. Rags90mod

ITechworld Lithium

Has anyone out there got one of the iTechworld lithium batteries? https://itechworld.com.au/collections/lithium-batteries/products/120ah-12-volt-lithium-battery?customer_posted=true#contact_form They say the battery has it's own BMS inbuilt so it works with chargers that don't have a specific...
  8. Rags90mod

Gauges for airbags

Has anyone used or are using any of the Viair or Thor dual needle, Airbag man dual needle or airbag man digital gauges? Now that my tax return has come in I'm still undecided which way to go. Leaning towards the airbag man digital for ease of reading air pressure on the fly and at night
  9. Rags90mod

Drop down table

Slowly in the process of making a drop down table with an extra slide out section for the large barn door of the 76. Using some aluminium from an old sign I acquired from work (i.e. stopped from going to the dump) as the new door card and the drop down table and some 15mm ply for the extending...
  10. Rags90mod

Cowarie Station

Bumped into a bloke I know from cricket last weekend and he told me about the campgrounds at Cowarie Station where you camp right on the Warburton River. He'd taken his family up there about a month ago and said the river was flowing at a rate of knots so decided we'd head up there and check it...
  11. Rags90mod

Easter 2019 @ Lincoln NP & Whalers Way

After a quick trip under a low flying helicopter to trim off some hair, we buckled the kids in and set off towards Woomera/Pimba. We'd left a bit later than we'd hoped to, but such is life. The wildlife wasn't in a kamikaze mood thankfully so the late start wasn't a problem, although there were...
  12. Rags90mod

Lincoln NP for Easter

Going to head to Lincoln NP this coming Easter with the missus and tin lids. We'll get to Pt Lincoln hopefully before lunch and then head to Glen Forest so the kids can see some animals up close and then we're going to head to Fishery Bay for a look. Probably go for a drive down the rest of the...
  13. Rags90mod

ARB Recovery Point installation

Scored myself a ripper bargain yesterday - $100 for a brand new ARB recovery point from a legend up here who bought it for his 76, but sold the car before he fitted it. Then he found it in the shed and asked if I wanted it. Incidentally a fellow 4x4 Earther bought his old 76, just can't remember...
  14. Rags90mod

Reverse camera

Started the painful process of installing an all new stereo system in the 76 last week. Bought 4 small speaker pods from eBay from a guy in Mildura - Stealth Tech I reckon his shop is called. Then bought some Focal speakers (around $130/pair down from $279 and a Pioneer power pack amp - 400W...
  15. Rags90mod

15 inch rims on a 99 GU

Righto all you Patrol gurus, got a question for you - a mate has a 99 GU (think it's a 2.8L diesel) that currently has 265/70/R16's on it and her bf spied a set of 5 Mickey T Baja MTZ's in 31x10.5R15 on black sunnies on Facebook for $700 ono. Just went and had a look at them, 1 is brand...
  16. Rags90mod

Arden Hills track

Ventured down to Warren Gorge over the weekend and did the Arden Hills track on Saturday. Very enjoyable drive with plenty of great views to be had We stopped at the bush bbq for lunch, very nice relaxing spot for a feed. The missus went for a bit of a walk and found a little shelter with a...
  17. Rags90mod

Camper trailer for Cape York and beyond

My partner and I have been invited to do a Cape York trip next July, which we're pretty excited about! We were planning on doing a Simpson crossing either on the way up or back from doing Uluru, but since the CY trip has been put out there we are thinking that we will do the Cape 1st and then...
  18. Rags90mod

Torch brackets

I've decided to make a new trim panel for the left barn door of my cruiser and am wanting to do something similar to Andrew Pierre-White has in his troopy with brackets to hold 1 of my little torches, bottle opener, etc. Wanting something like this, but for a AA sized torch But it seems pretty...
  19. Rags90mod

Coolant flush

I started the process of dropping the coolant out of my 76 on my last break, replacing the water pump and thermostat along the way. I followed along with my service manual, but only had about 12L drop out and then only managed to get about 10.5L back in. Then today I drained the system again to...
  20. Rags90mod

76 series cruiser roof console

Need a bit more handy storage space in my rig and was going to buy a department of interior unit, but won't have the spare cash for a while and I need another project so started making my own as a temporary fixture. If it turns out great then I might keep it and save some $$$ Started doing the...