Search results

1. Grey Ghost

Pro Comp Patrol Rims and tyres $800 Montrose Vic

Hi all, I've got 5 gloss black Pro Comp 17 x 8 rims with Maxis Bighorn tyres to get rid of, I just don't need another set of wheels to take on and off. These are 17 inch rims to suit a Patrol GU series 4 or later 4.8lt petrol model, these NEED the larger rim size as they have larger brake...
  2. Grey Ghost

Tambo Camper for Sale

For Sale 2010 Tambo Offroad Camper $8500.00 negotiable Australian made quality camper. Ideal for base camp or extended touring - 18 ft tent. sleeps 5 including 3 large stretchers (2 stretchers included) - 85 litre water tank with electric tap in kitchen - Fully enclosed removable annex (hardly...
  3. Grey Ghost

The Staircase, Lake Cobbler track

Anyone know of the state of the staircase on Lake Cobbler track? I heard it was flattened off a few years back now, wondering if it is any good again by now.
  4. Grey Ghost

Howaqua Gap & Clear Hills tracks

Anyone know if these 2 tracks are still open over the top of Mt Stirling at this time of year? Im taking my old dad up there for his first trip into the high country.
  5. Grey Ghost

Random thought on State Gatherings

Here's an idea a bit out of left field. For the big gatherings, like the Vic and SA ones as examples, why not have the main gathering MID WEEK instead of over the weekend? I have run into a few people, myself included, who have had problems stretching a weekend by 1 or 2 days at one or both ends...
  6. Grey Ghost

Brake pedal dropping

Ok So I just replaced the wheel bearing on one side of my GU and after putting it all back together I now have excessive long travel on the brake pedal before they work, revving the engine seems to bring it back temporarily though. Also just flushed all the old fluid to try to fix but no change...
  7. Grey Ghost

Vic. snorkel cyclonic pre-cleaner

77mm cyclonic snorkel head pre-cleaner Please check the tube size below the head of your snorkel, this precleaner only fits a 77m outside diameter top tube Brand new / unused $20.00 Montrose, Vic. Contact Details - please PM me via the forum Pick up only or if you are going...
  8. Grey Ghost

Steel or Alloys for theCape

Ok, here's the thing I have a GU wagon and we are in the planning stages of next years Cape trip. What's the recommendation for rims, keep the standard GU alloys on or run my heavier steel rims. Anyone had any dramas with alloy rims up there? Cheers GG
  9. Grey Ghost

Trip To The Tip 6/2015

Prospective Cape York Trip June 2015 Hi all we’re looking at doing a Trip To The Tip from Melbourne 8 June ’15 for 1 month. At present we have ourselves (team Ghost) and Team Shinyside going and we are putting it out there to see if anyone else would like to come along. Travel date is set...
  10. Grey Ghost

TripTo The Tip 6/2015

Prospective Cape York Trip June 2015 Hi all we’re looking at doing a Trip To The Tip from Melbourne 8 June ’15 for 1 month. At present we have ourselves (team Ghost) and Team Shinyside going and we are putting it out there to see if anyone else would like to come along. Travel date is set...
  11. Grey Ghost

Last minute trip, easy/medium.

This is just a quick one to see if anyone is interested. As we don't have much time off this year we are doing a quick overnight, camping/wheeling trip into the Western Tyers are. All very vague at this stage and we are going to make it up as we go. We are thinking of heading off at about 8.30...
  12. Grey Ghost

Queensland camping in Sept school hols.

OK Queenslanders what can you guys recommend for a camping trip in the southern 1/2 of your fair state in our (Vic.) Sept holidays? we are wondering about Fraser Island maybe.... Any suggestions to visit or places to avoid and why would be good. Cheers. GG
  13. Grey Ghost

Happy birthday Mr Croozer!!

Happy birthday mate have a good one and please try to behave yourself.....:D
  14. Grey Ghost

Vic Mitsubishi Triton tonneau cover & sports bar

Mitsubishi MK Triton toneau cover and sports bar Condition -Tonneau cover is brand new/unused, sports bar is used and has light scratching on it Price - $50.00 each Location - Montrose Vic. Contact Details - Send me a PM if interested. Postage Details - yeah right....:eek...
  15. Grey Ghost

Montezuma Falls track Tasmania

Heading off to Tassie soon, anyone know what state this and Ring River track are in at the moment?
  16. Grey Ghost

Campfires over summer

Spring firewood collection period ends Don't know how Gunna is going to cope over christmas for any campfires he may want.....
  17. Grey Ghost

Christmas - New Years Talbotville base camp

Ok, for the benefit of those who can't start a thread:p:D Big Rig and K_T and kids are heading down to Talbotville for the christmas/new years period from the 24/12 until the 5/01 and doing day trips from there or doing nothing much. We, GG, GP and kids are looknig at heading up too, although...
  18. Grey Ghost

Vic Essential fire side accessory

Fire Poker MC-1 Condition -fair hardly used (in an appropriate manner) Price -Make me an offer Location -Skipworth Reserve, Jamieson, Vic. Contact Details -Speak to Davidman or Mans at Skipworth or PM them Postage Details -Pick up only Pictures - Note: I am only...
  19. Grey Ghost

Thought it would slip through quietly..

Thought I'd better say happy birthday to you Geoffsa, couldn't let it pass unnoticed.:)
  20. Grey Ghost

Junction Track closure

Grumbles put this one up in a different section a while ago, does anyone have any news of whether the river crossing is do able yet? Especially with trailer in tow? http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/community-announcements/13786-junction-track-closed-temporarily.html#post200236