Search results

1. redback

RIP To A Member (Yogi)

Oh crap, how did I miss this, Yogi my friend you were taken too soon, we shared so much on our Gulf trip together with you and Amanda, say hello to Kerry for me, I'll have a xxxx gold for ya tonight.
  2. redback

2021 Toyota VDJ76R V8 GXL Wagon

Thanks, yes I'm getting a lot of advice from Justin Cooper here in Tassie, he's the guru down here. The ride is good, the difference is you don't get the side to side movement in the cab like you do in the 76, which I think is why we were adjusting the steering wheel so much to keep the car...
  3. redback

Boobook you are correct about not test driving the 70, that was a big mistake, you were wrong about wanting to buy a Land Rover all along though. I had no thoughts about buying another Landy at all, actually quite the opposite, I wanted a 70 cruiser and to get one buying new in the middle of...
  4. redback

I now know why people don't drive them fast, I've driven the pre narrow track Cruiser and they drive a lot better on the road, power wise I reckon the TD42 Cruiser is a far superior car to drive.
  5. redback

Well there's a bit of change of direction with this vehicle, after the drive down to Tassie and the 10,000ks we put on the 76, it got to the point that no one wanted to drive it and the fact that to correct the rear track was going to cost $10,000, factor in new bullbar, driving lights, dual...
  6. redback

Pics of your 4wd in Beautiful Places

Lake disappointment, Canning Stock Route Camp that night
  7. redback

First 4WD Ute

Hi Norm, welcome to the forum, mate forget the tune, it's a ute, spend the money on something more important, like suspension and camping and recovery related stuff. Lighting, just get a good set of spotties to complement the lightbar and put a higher wattage headlight bulb in, not too high...
  8. redback

Interesting pics

What's most interesting is that Taree is on the Pacific Hwy.
  9. redback

Pics of your 4wd in Beautiful Places

Great Central Road Old Gunbarrel Hwy first camp.
  10. redback

Belanglo State Forest day trip

Nothing wrong with Belanglo, great camping and some good drives in there too. Us in 2006, first camped there in 05, last camp there was around 2014/5, started getting a bit busy around then and the ranger was a bit more strict with firewood collection.
  11. redback

Thanks, should be fine I reckon, I want to keep the GXL rims in good nick so will get some steelies for everyday use, can't wait to take it offroad, I'll take the Disco out as well to see how they compare, the Disco is a bit heavy at just over 3tonne though with smaller tyres, should be fun I...
  12. redback

Had a towbar fitted yesterday, will need to move the trailer plug as usual as it will get ripped of the first hole or or wash out I go in, why can't they put it somewhere it won't get damaged. So those with the 76, how have you fixed the narrow rear track, I will eventually get the True Trak...
  13. redback

Towing with a manual gearbox Neewbee!!!!

I tow a camper everytime I go away, my rule is to keep the combination even and towball weight down, weight distribution is key, the ball weight on our camper is around 65 to 80kg depending on how much water we carry on the front, the camper loaded is around 1400 to 1500kg. Here ya go, my old...
  14. redback

I still have the Disco 4, just can't part with it, too many great memories with Kerry touring Australia with it and I still love it, just a great all round vehicle.
  15. redback

Towing with a manual gearbox Neewbee!!!!

Never taken notice of the idea of not towing in top gear, my old Disco two towed our 1.5t camper everywhere until we sold it with 321,000ks on it and original gearbox. Simple rule, don't load the gearbox, go back a gear when you feel it slowing going up inclines, the biggest issue with a...
  16. redback

2000 Prado TX turbo diesel manual

300K is not that bad really for it's age. I like the look of the 90 series.
  17. redback

Well I finally got a new vehicle, we sold the Golf and the Amarok and started looking for a replacement, had to be a 4X4, wagon and have good power and torque and cargo space. We first looked at the second hand market, WOW, the price of second hand 4WDs is outrages to say the least, I started...
  18. redback

2000 Prado TX turbo diesel manual

Diesels like to breath, so if it's not getting enough air, fuel economy will be shite so the air filter would be my first thing to check, intercooler next, radiator too as heat is a cause of bad fuel economy also. A tired engine also, I don't know how many Ks are on it, but a tired engine...
  19. redback

C.A.O.S - is this brand any good?

Is their gear made in China like most of the others
  20. redback

And I thought Only Tojo and Patrol owners were fanatics

It's funny that even though we love our D4, if we were to buy a new 4WD, it won't be a D4, and it will be especially not be a new Land Rover, not after our experience with Land Rover Australia, what will it be, I have no idea, I would love a Defender, second hand newish one though, 200 would be...