Search results

1. Ziggy

Birds

Wedgie - immature; Parachilna SA
  2. Ziggy

Dobinson MRR shocks after c. 50K

Advice from the local Koni distributor ... Thank you for contacting Toperformance Products and enquiring about KONI shock absorbers for your Isuzu. We do list and currently have stock of KONI shock absorbers to suit the front of the MU-X, but at this stage KONI do not list a rear damper. ·...
  3. Ziggy

When I first looked at Dobinson's replacement kit and two lift kits (lift/comfort, lift/load +100-200kgs) I noticed the same spec shock included in all three. That didn't make sense and I asked the supplier about it. No worries, all fine. Hah. Rebound damping was hopeless on both the lift...
  4. Ziggy

Can't get Konis for the rear as far as I can see.
  5. Ziggy

Thanks, will look into it. They offer remote reservoir shocks for the Mux. http://www.kingshocksaustralia.com.au/boltinshockkits.html
  6. Ziggy

Heavy duty. I've been hanging out for Konis. Seems they might now be available for the front anyway. http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/koni-82-series-king-standard-40mm-raised-assembled~846 Maybe the 88 series is also available.
  7. Ziggy

Do Kings do HD lifted shocks?
  8. Ziggy

Just had those reco units fitted. They come in L and R sides. They weren't marked and Dobinson couldn't tell the mechanic how to distinguish them. So it was a trial and error fit and he got error first up. They'd been reconditioned. That was the claim anyway. But the hoses weren't replaced...
  9. Ziggy

Birds

Yeah, that's the way it goes. See ya.
  10. Ziggy

Dobinson's MRR long term review

Early in the piece D was making a special effort to expedite it by courier, so the wagon could stay with the mechanic. Not sure about these days. It'd be worth emailing Sydney or Melbourne to see how they can help. I took mine down to the Melb factory cos I wanted to chat about the job, and...
  11. Ziggy

I won't miss your sarcasm and disrespect.
  12. Ziggy

My recollection from the blog is that this was an early failure. How many others have there been? It may have been fixed. Note the posts here that haven't reported that kind of failure. 30K is a rule of thumb from my experience - my vehicle, roads, driving style, tyres, tyre pressures and all...
  13. Ziggy

Right. If you can't play the ball get personal. Welcome to my Ignore list.
  14. Ziggy

You got your answer. Didn't like it? Yawn.
  15. Ziggy

When D got into shocks (which contrary to their ads wasn't 60 years ago) they bought them from Eastern Europe, and over my time with the gear I came to the conclusion they were clueless about shocks. Eg: 1. The same model shock was provided with the 2 standard lift kits (viz, lift and comfort...
  16. Ziggy

People think you bolt on a shock and forget it. Wrong. What wears: bushes, seals and o-rings. Oil also 'wears' through heat, shear forces, wear particles and condensation. The more corro and rough tracks you do the faster this happens. So the rebound effect starts to fade. As the rebound...
  17. Ziggy

How long does it take to return shocks to the factory for rebuilding? Shocks are a wear item. Maintain them, they last longer.
  18. Ziggy

I have a 4 year history with a variety of Dobinson's suspension gear. There's good stories and bad that I've posted and if you think from that that I'm a fanboy then read them again. I trust evidence, not other people's judgements or feelings. When SC tells us the last chapter of his story...
  19. Ziggy

Yes, I am and I did.
  20. Ziggy

Sharkcaver holds back the full story. Again.