Search results

1. M

Pics of your 4wd in Beautiful Places

wow ---- how good
  2. M

4 Night Snowy River Loop - Mckillops Bridge

yeah I loved crossing that bridge just before the covid pandemic locked us up with our 5 tonne truck at 3metres high, always wanted to get there; - did Sydney - Bombala-Mckillops-Grampians- great ocean rd -Otways -echuca-Adelong -Sydney-- can't wait till the next trip
  3. M

Kings gear

thanx for the input guys ,, will take it on board
  4. M

Bearing Witness

33 percentage yeah
  5. M

Kings gear

I purchased two sets of supacentre led camp lights over a period and the older of the two has several blown bulbs/leds and the later one has failed to one of the four bar sets , are they flooding the market with cheap Chinese products or is it just bad luck and of course they are conveniently...
  6. M

looks like the skytrek track, we did that in our Navara on the way to Ayres rock , then Henbury meteorite site ,then central desert , then Innisfail then Fraser , then Sydney , great memories
  7. M

practicality of hovercraft

how true
  8. M

practicality of hovercraft

did you say boobs or boost
  9. M

List of Australia's Iconic Tracks & Places.....

there are some great places to go to that are not heavy 4x4 tracks but definitely worth the effort - Litchfield,grampians,Mt Kaputar , sky trek, five beaches, baalbone, Kakadu , Lorella Springs , and there are some great 4x4 places within these areas such as the three 'lost cities' in nsw/nt/qld
  10. M

What Did You Do To Your 4X4 This Week? Include photos, if possible!

hey davidman / didnt you have some kind of patrol yourself ? we met you in the high country many years ago at one of the earth gatherings
  11. M

I bought a UNIMOG!

those things have a one tonne rating on the roof - horses for courses- gunna be some fun although i dont think the winch is strong enough lol , arent the tyres 80psi
  12. M

CapeYork

i wouldnt bother with kakadu , but litchfield is really great and lorella springs is worth the pain too as is lawn hill
  13. M

CapeYork

last time i was at the archer there was a landcruiser on its side half full of sand in 2015
  14. M

CapeYork

is that the archer with the boat and trailer
  15. M

CapeYork

fond memories , first did the cape in a g60 patrol and then again in the d22 and lived in lockhart river for several years with a two stroke suzuki ,, that creb track is a beauty too and well worth the effort ... you know the daintree is deep when there is a boat moored at the crossing
  16. M

it was all a bit more exciting when luke had a flat tyre on the side of a mountain and one of the vehicles front end assembly decided to collapse due to all the bolts having fallen out / broken ..luckily there were some guys that were well prepared and had spare bolts and got the vehicle going...
  17. M

Cape York Expedition

thanx for sharing / i lived and worked at lockhart river about 40 years ago and went there again on my way to the tip in 2015 / brings back fond memories / nothing like it used to be but what stays the same -
  18. M

It's not real

now thats funny /// keepem coming guys
  19. M

yeah there are some great tracks there and some places where i thought were impossible for a vehicle to go but heh
  20. M

just what i was thinking