Search results

1. ULost2

Hi from Southern Grampians

lucky you living in that area Honestly; most 4x4 ''have to have'' requirements as so over rated to the point of being total BS imo. I have been poking around the scrub for around 15 years in less than you ; a stock standard old fashion proper 4x4 2002 Kia Sportage with built in common sense .
  2. ULost2

1 million kilometer pajero

Original exhaust !! Unbelievable !!
  3. ULost2

Low Range Whining Noise

Had similar happen with 2002 kia sportage ; forget now but I think it was the gear box. Noise happened only in 4x4 drive . Regret jumping the gun on that repair now ---- it's long story .
  4. ULost2

Long time returning member

I'm very much the same Ashash -- looks like we both join 2012 WHAT!! that's ten years ago !!
  5. ULost2

Off road licence endorsements

Not sure I need a "course" considering in the past 30+ years I have not needed a winch , snatch , tow rope , the shovel/axe I usually carry . Never "aired down" even if I have I have the once used composer (to inflate a wheel borrow tyre ) But I bet a "ticket" will be needed to go into Murray...
  6. ULost2

Off road licence endorsements

Hello peoples ; long time with not much interest :) I have to relearn the old forum way :( Just noticed the thread about beach rollovers in Qld so this...
  7. ULost2

between a rock and hard place.

BTW http://jcsparts.com.au/ have seem helpful with my mechanic doing most of the ordering
  8. ULost2

Coffee time Finally!! Uki is register in my name after far to many dollars spent :( Had a Vic road worthy done -- did a 150 k local wander -- really bad noises happened when slowing down coming back into town --- bloody gear and/or transfer box!!! Remember what happened to the Kia -- gear box ...
  9. ULost2

Sorry Jacko; missed the question Very similar to Ps -- does similar to ps with similar tools with different names hiding in different place https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/
  10. ULost2

Am warming to Uki -- in fact I'm rather impressed after this bit of a test drive on the new street tyres. Doesn't seem to be much or any different to the big muddies. Went up here and a steeper damp sand hill with no fuss, noise or wheel spin . Dry sand would be different though Jacko! forget...
  11. ULost2

NO WAY !!! You are too close to those unhealth people causing all the dramas :lol: Besides; using the raw file fixed it.:p Glad we went over to Gosford last week --- but I still didn't breath going through the western suburbs Training Uki to be patient while Boof dog shows me the better camera...
  12. ULost2

It's auto BTW ; would prefer manual using a little more petrol than the Kia :( --- Kia 1ltr to 10 kms / Suzuki 1 ltr to 7-8 kms . Bloody muddies to be replaced asap
  13. ULost2

:lol: started this 29 april -- and just sort of sorted :lol: You may need a coffee or stronger -- sorry OK; apparently the gear box is replaced but I have not driven or seen the kia since booking in about 6 weeks ago to swap gear boxes. The day after leaving the car I received a phone call...
  14. ULost2

When you recovered somone that probably didn't deserve your help.

Nope; basically a big salty mud hole where the mud really stinks . Totally reason what so ever to drive there or into any of the salty lakes around here. Once in the suctions takes over vehicles can be near impossible to get out . https://goo.gl/maps/XcKPoM36rjH5H5DCA
  15. ULost2

When you recovered somone that probably didn't deserve your help.

Like idiots who drive into a salty billabong Where the fork were they going? Certainly not what were they thinking Certainly not the only the idiot around these parts; yet they will be the first to scream when the roads and tracks a closed --- I might start another thread on that subject
  16. ULost2

Many thanks for the sensible suggestions . The suzuki is a good thought; not sure about xtrail but will look into it. My 93yo mother has something like that but in 2wd Fixing/Keeping/fixing does make sense although parts are getting harder to find. The other positive is I will have more time to...
  17. ULost2

Hello, long time no chat--- been lost :lol: I have an old 2002 Kia manual Sportage that suits my needs even considering some limitations 4x4 to me is security. I use it to get me out of trouble (mostly outback sand) ; NOT into trouble when poking around the bush with the cameras . When I use...
  18. ULost2

Adelaide to Emerald (QLD) route advice

Wilcannia servo -- there was a much less expensive supply in the suburbs :rolleyes: -- one or two streets behind the h/way servo . No idea if it's still there (??)
  19. ULost2

Driver cautioned for 'illegal mods'

gas bottle is a bit dumb / bomb :eek: "The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure's vehicle standards state that no vehicle can be equipped with any object or fitting not technically essential to the vehicle. It also states that no vehicle is allowed to be equipped with any object...
  20. ULost2

No; cannot do that

already posted