Search results

1. P

Steering stuff up

Do you find that, in cases like this, price is a good indicator of quality?
  2. P

Steering stuff up

I saw a brand new pump on gumtree (don't know what make) for$160, but then Pedders quoted me $860 - why the huge
  3. P

Dicky gearbox

Thanks to all who replied - some of you are very resourceful, but I think I'll go for a change over. . . . I was wondering what a fair price would be for a good second hand box
  4. P

F100 GTHO phase 3 cobra

You're exactly right about Ford getting rid of surplus stock but I think my mate was pretty chuffed about discovering such a rare bird - especially considering he only paid $5500 for it in '97 & at that time, phase 3 GTHOs had a replacement value of around$45000
  5. P

Çourier gearbox wanted

That's what I'm trying to avoid
  6. P

F100 GTHO phase 3 cobra

About 20 years ago, in Cairns, a friend of mine purchased an old 1976 long wheel base 2wd style side F100 Custom. Only. . . It looked as though some petrol head lair had tried to spruce it up, affixing "Cobra" badges in place of the" custom" ones. The motor and entire engine bay were...
  7. P

Çourier gearbox wanted

Could someone please quote me for a reconditioned or good condition gearbox for a 2002 Ford courier 4x4, manual petrol ute
  8. P

Steering stuff up

I saw a bra
  9. P

What music do you listen to?

With a name like Muffin Man, I knew you must be a Zappa or Beefheart fan, so you're ok in my book
  10. P

Dicky gearbox

Sorry mate - that was my quote for a steering pump - l haven't really started looking at gearboxes yet - being on the pension, I can only afford one disaster at a time
  11. P

Dicky gearbox

Well, it'd probably be a lot easier for me to do a straight up change over, rather than pull mine apart & try to figure out what's wrong - I am a pensioner, but money's not the problem, my lack of diagnostic ability & amature mechanical skills are what get me into strife. . . . and, of course...
  12. P

Dicky gearbox

Thanks for your help mate - I've been quoted anywhere between$400 & 900 for a brand spanker, but I see some on eBay e.t.c.for about_$100 - $150 - should I be wary?
  13. P

Dicky gearbox

There's a fair but of variàtion in price on eBay/gumtree and 'cos I'm not even good enough to be called a bad mechanic, I don't know whether I'm getting shafted or not - Pedders quoted me$800 odd for parts only and I've been told I can do a lot better than that
  14. P

Steering stuff up

What's a Fair price for a reconditioned steering pump for a 2002 Ford courier petrol 4x4?
  15. P

Dicky gearbox

So do you think I should start looking for a record gearbox, or is it possible that the problem mày be something more simple and (hopefully) less expensive
  16. P

Dicky gearbox

I understand this but do you think I need an entire gearbox replacement or perhap it just needs some professional servicing
  17. P

Dicky gearbox

What is causing my 2002 Ford courier petrol 4x4 to occasionally jump out of 5th gear