Search results

1. ComfortablyNumb

CV boots LN106 Hilux SR5

These things are often splitting on my rig. Last service another needs replacing @ about $250. I think this is about the 4th during the 150,000kms I've owned the old girl. Is that normal? Anything you can do to make them last longer? cheers
  2. ComfortablyNumb

Slippery Hill - nearly ended in tears

We were coming out of a place we've stayed at numerous times before on a dirt road after rain on the weekend, not even a rough 4WD track . NPWS have done the road up, it's the best I've seen it in 25yrs so figured I'd not need 4WD in the old Hilux to get out - wrong! There were sections of...
  3. ComfortablyNumb

LN106 Dual Cab '93 SR5 Tonneau

I need a new tonneau for the old girl. Have contacted a few online Aussie sellers who sell them for less than $200 but when I tell them the details (clips on behind rear window, my Hilux has a rollbar not a sportsbar) they say they don't have one that fits. Have contacted some local auto...
  4. ComfortablyNumb

What is this squeal?

The ole '93 Hilux started making this sound intermittently lately. Any ideas? Hoping it is just a fan belt or something slipping? cheers
  5. ComfortablyNumb

Merc spontaneously combusts, Dorrigo Mtn

Not sure if this Merc was a 4WD or not, couldn't tell? After waiting 2hrs & the firies saying it would be another 4hrs while they dealt with burnt trees, we went to Coffs the long way via Megan & Coramba.....which was a dust nightmare. The firebombing choppers are impressive - each one able to...
  6. ComfortablyNumb

Tritons, diesel - what do I need to know?

Thinking of upgrading the old 93 Hilux, can't afford a new/newish one. My brother has a 2012 diesel Triton which he abuses mercilessly but it seems to hang in there and they are not too expensive. I'm a fishing guide, so go offroad a lot, but nothing too extreme. I need something better...
  7. ComfortablyNumb

Priming a 93 diesel Hilux

This morning the old girl would not start. It had been sitting for 2 weeks since a big weekend of use. Would crank over fine but not fire. Checked everywhere for loose wires/fuel lines, rang NRMA & waited 2hrs. Started thinking it was a fuel problem, got on Dr Google, discovered there is a...
  8. ComfortablyNumb

Greetings, LN107 owner

Found this website when looking for info on ARB diff lockers, and found that famous & most informative thread. Not sure I actually need a diff locker on the old 93 Hilux SR5 (LN107R), since as a fly-fishing guide I don't go into really radical places, and the one time the BT50 behind me needed...