Search results

1. ComfortablyNumb

Zd30 glow plugs

I think my old Hilux has the same problem. The mechanic will be looking at the glowplugs next week when he replaces a CV boot. I've had it 22yrs and only replaced the glowplugs once in that time (it now has 301,000 kms on the clock, had 159,000 on it when I bought it in 2000) Any ideas on the...
  2. ComfortablyNumb

Show us ya catch

Geez that brown has amazing spot patterns. Was it caught in the Snowy Mtns area?
  3. ComfortablyNumb

Show us ya catch

We can teach you - https://www.facebook.com/FlyFishArmidale Once you start catching fish on fly, bait & lure fishing go out the window.
  4. ComfortablyNumb

CV boots LN106 Hilux SR5

Cheers mate. No, it has IFS. I will talk to my mechanic about reducing the CV angles.
  5. ComfortablyNumb

CV boots LN106 Hilux SR5

I don't know if the 1st owner lifted it. I don't think so though. Not sure if you can tell from this pic:
  6. ComfortablyNumb

Show us ya catch

7. ComfortablyNumb

CV boots LN106 Hilux SR5

These things are often splitting on my rig. Last service another needs replacing @ about $250. I think this is about the 4th during the 150,000kms I've owned the old girl. Is that normal? Anything you can do to make them last longer? cheers
  8. ComfortablyNumb

Show us ya catch

More carp on fly action from Friday. They were on! 13 hooked, 10 landed. Apologies for the spit dacks footage - did myself a mischief getting over the barbed wire fence :oops:
  9. ComfortablyNumb

Show us ya catch

Before the pandemic, I'd get over to Queenstown at least once per year to chase trout on fly. Queenstown has gone downhill though compared to 20 odd yrs ago - lots more tourists, lots more fishing pressure, harder to catch trout than it used to be unless you are a local with secret spots. Yeah...
  10. ComfortablyNumb

Show us ya catch

Not too far from the Styx, but not the Styx. No, this fella was not a recent stockie/escapee. He has grown up in this river over many years & has been smart enough to avoid anglers who would eat him (he'd taste like shit @ that size/age too).
  11. ComfortablyNumb

Show us ya catch

Cheers, though that fella is a brownie. I lost my sunnies chasing bass a while ago, but retraced my steps and found them in the grass. Lost my line nippers & tippet material in a trout stream though recently, and they were just swept away forever.
  12. ComfortablyNumb

Show us ya catch

This is the biggest trout I've ever caught. Thought I'd have to be in NZ to get one this big, not the New England region of NSW. A big old fella who'd been in there a while I reckon, fell to one of the New England Glister Nymph patterns I've invented. GoPro footage so you really can't get an...
  13. ComfortablyNumb

Climate Change - Biggest Money Making Con of the Century or Imminent Extinction of the Human Race

“Biodiversity is the buffer at the end of the tracks that stops the runaway train of climate change from bursting through,” Dr Nevard says. When academics trot out this sort of emotive grandstanding, I'm reminded of why I left academia for a more practical career. I recall when I was doing...
  14. ComfortablyNumb

CARP_NSW can be returned to the water

A bit of recent carp on fly video footage I put together. Might all come to an end when the carp virus is released?
  15. ComfortablyNumb

Climate Change - Biggest Money Making Con of the Century or Imminent Extinction of the Human Race

One of the technologies the Coalition are banking on is carbon sequestration through tree planting and soil carbon build-up on farms. Having been around that space for decades, I'm convinced it will not work. There are not enough benefits & too many rules/red tape around these options for...
  16. ComfortablyNumb

Slippery Hill - nearly ended in tears

Damn that sounds hairy :eek: I'll try to avoid that in future by being clever enough to select 4WD from the word go if it is wet. I should add, my wife who was in the passenger seat claims credit for the thing not rolling, as she leaned her massive 55kg frame inwards when the 2 wheels lifted...
  17. ComfortablyNumb

Corona virus

I swam my fastest 400m in 18mths by 15 secs, 3 days after my first AstraZeneca jab. Should have given AZ to our Olympians instead of Pfizer ;) Our youngest went to Tokyo to cover the Games, so was one of the first to be fully vaxed with Pfizer. She's also had 37 Covid tests (one every day...
  18. ComfortablyNumb

My old Hilux has auto hubs! I just didn't press the button, should have done as soon as it started slipping. I've done that before to save it when I drove into an unseen boghole on a farm. Interestingly, some people take normal 2WD cars all the way to that homestead. No way they would get out...
  19. ComfortablyNumb

Yes, I've been driving the old girl for 21yrs now & never done anything quite that stupid before :oops: As you say, lesson learned. It will be 4WD out of there from the word go in the future if it is wet. There were a few more slippery bits on the way out but in 4WD High, no probs. Got brand...
  20. ComfortablyNumb

We were coming out of a place we've stayed at numerous times before on a dirt road after rain on the weekend, not even a rough 4WD track . NPWS have done the road up, it's the best I've seen it in 25yrs so figured I'd not need 4WD in the old Hilux to get out - wrong! There were sections of...