Search results

1. Blue_haired_man

Bloody close call, dashcam recomendations

Nearly made the news, was heading down the range from mapleton towards the coast to grab a few things. 100km/h stretch, was doing about 90ish, on a big sweeping right hand bend. There was a troopy heading up the hill and two wankstains on motorbikes decided that was the perfect time to cross...
  2. Blue_haired_man

Winch bar recommendations

G'day I did a search but couldn't find a similar thread, but I pick up a 02 single cab hilux on the weekend which will be used mainly around the farm and about the only mod it needs is a winch bar. Been chasing up prices from arb, Tjm, ironman and opposite lock, but just wanted to see if anyone...
  3. Blue_haired_man

Which traction boards???

G'day Guys and Gals I'm heading up to Fraser in a few weeks and looking at getting a set of either Maxtrax or Treds, but with Treds about a $100 cheaper I'm leaning towards them, as for $400 I could get a set of 4. Have any of you guys got any experience on the pros and cons, build quality, and...
  4. Blue_haired_man

Strip LEDs on awning

Hi folks I haven't found anything on the searches (probably searching the wrong phrases.) But has anyone attached flexible strip LEDs to their awnings, either permanently or removable? I've thought of velcro glued (seam grip or something similar, but am not sure how long this will hold) or...
  5. Blue_haired_man

Thumper air compressor

Hi guys and gals Here's a long one. Just wanted to inform people who have or are planning to buy a thumper air compressor. I bought it off the shop closely related to 4wd action mag (not sure of the site rules regarding naming excuses for businesses). I pulled it out yesterday for the first...
  6. Blue_haired_man

105 series heavy duty clutch?

Hi, I recently purchased a diesel landcruiser (1hz) and after driving her around for the last couple of weeks the clutch has just started slipping, not much at all yet but I know it's something I've got to replace sooner or later as I start hitting a few tracks and eventually touring. My...
  7. Blue_haired_man

4wd mechanic in Sydney

G'day guys and gals I'm looking at finding a reputable general 4wd mechanic in Sydney. I live in the Ryde area, so the closer the better, but am happy to travel if need be as I'd rather get the work done once and done right from the beginning. I've got no problems to do minor services myself...
  8. Blue_haired_man

Online Sellers Beware

G'day guys and gals I just read a story on another forum about a guy trying to sell a kayak off the classified section of the forum. He arranged a time and gave a prospective seller his address to inspect and hopefully buy the kayak only to receive a call from the guy just before the time...
  9. Blue_haired_man

Body lift rules and regulations NSW

G'day guys and girls Can't seem to find a definitive answer on here or online on whether a 2 inch body lift is legal in NSW, and whether an engineer certificate is needed? Has anyone had any trouble with insurance, police, or the RTA? I'm looking at buying hilux that has a 2 inch suspension...