Search results

1. lostboys

Any compact jack recommendations for a 78 Series ?

Thanks gents. The hydraulic type, like an Orcon? Btw... the Hi-Lift has got me out of trouble twice now, but prefer a bottle jack where I can.
  2. lostboys

Why are National Parks `National Parks'?

Thanks gents. But still unclear about an easy reference re the specific reason for each Park's existance. Thanks @Tink for the link, but still very much hope for condensed list for easy reference. It may not exist of course.
  3. lostboys

Now, that's a great question!
  4. lostboys

A silly question... We can find out why a World Heritage designation is allocated, but what about each of our National Parks? Travelling all over, I'd love to know if a list exists to tell us why each & everyone of our Aussie National Parks has been made a National Park. I assume each would...
  5. lostboys

Any compact jack recommendations for a 78 Series ?

Have just busted my standard Toyota bottle jack, 50km north of Broken Hill. Easy sealed road, & had just pulled off to check a Telstra signal. Anyway, VERY disappointed with the cast eyelet breaking off when trying to change a rear tyre - & if I hadn't a Hi Lift on-board, would have been...
  6. lostboys

Sand Flags

Terrific info gents. Thanks!
  7. lostboys

Jumper Leads

Thanks for the feedback gents. Much appreciated!
  8. lostboys

Sand Flags

I reckon I'd have a question for most Earth threads if I take the time to browse. Sand Flags... yep I've got a question, although & in dune country I definitely get it. I have a standard UHF aerial, not tall enough for a flag. Another of my silly questions... Whatever I use for a sand flag - &...
  9. lostboys

Jumper Leads

May be a silly question, as I've always carried jumper leads. Have 2-batteries now - one std for my Series 78 Troopy, & 1-new 100amp/h deep cycle house battery for my Trakka fitout which includes - 15amp Automatic battery charger Electronic control system (battery condition, indoor & outdoor...
  10. lostboys

Fitzgerald River / Bremer Bay Region

Nice shots Karl... & that sea dragon's a cracker! Love Fitzgerald River & Cape Arid.
  11. lostboys

Series 78 Troopy - Anti Theft Steering lock

Thanks gents. Always good to hear from others... only way to learn. For what it's worth, another interesting development is that my Insurance people say that if I claim on this damage, I shall compromise my existing no-claims. I understand the excess due, but am not happy with the no-claims bit...
  12. lostboys

Mmmm... seems like no-one here bothers about them these days anyway?
  13. lostboys

Yeah. Come to think of it, it's been a long time since I've actually seen a steering lock, but I can see from your 2nd post that they're still around ... somewhere.
  14. lostboys

Must admit having not given this a zot of thought in the past. However, have just had my passenger door lock almost pried off on Friday night... a bit of local damage, but nothing taken. A bit odd really, & will try & sort via my Ken Tame Insurance. Anyway, any thoughts on steering locks? Are...
  15. lostboys

Coast Kirra Annexe-Awning Tent

Anyone with any first-hand knowledge of these ANNEXE-AWNING TENT beasties? Although RV Express are selling on-line, their distributors don't seem to know of them & it seems impossible to see one assembled anywhere... ridiculous really. (Anyway, enough of the winging for now.)
  16. lostboys

4x4earth needs a new slogan

wouldn't that be second prize?;)
  17. lostboys

4x4earth needs a new slogan

4x4 EARTH where there's a will there's a way
  18. lostboys

Moving OziExplorer & HEMA maps from PC to Laptop

Hey Phil @vk1dx Yeah, thanks. All went well just as you suggested, me keeping same file structure. One thing I noticed - had some tracks identified on Ozi (Canning etc), with a small window of text visible for each, with number of estimated days & best time of year. When everything was copied...
  19. lostboys

Whats the best shovel to have of the roof rack?

Thanks for the thread @Alien d2 ! Interesting reading. Just wondering about fitting the shovel & Maxtrax (or equiv). Problem is I can't use the roof & have a Kamar twin spare frame on the back - so will need to mount long-handle shovel & recovery trax on that frame. Any ideas?
  20. lostboys

High Lift Jack

Impressive video! The thought of not being safely able to change a tyre is definitely not very appealing, & it won't always be easy depending the conditions. Spotted this earlier thread by @wazsal from some time back, identifying another possible option. Priced at about AUD500, anyone use one...