Search results

1. ULost2

Off road licence endorsements

Hello peoples ; long time with not much interest :) I have to relearn the old forum way :( Just noticed the thread about beach rollovers in Qld so this...
  2. ULost2

between a rock and hard place.

Hello, long time no chat--- been lost :lol: I have an old 2002 Kia manual Sportage that suits my needs even considering some limitations 4x4 to me is security. I use it to get me out of trouble (mostly outback sand) ; NOT into trouble when poking around the bush with the cameras . When I use...
  3. ULost2

No; cannot do that

already posted
  4. ULost2

The Betoota Hotel to reopen

https://www.commercialrealestate.com.au/news/betoota-hotel-in-outback-queensland-to-reopen-a-month-before-the-beer-arrives/
  5. ULost2

could be lots unhappy!

SORRY ; there's another thread open on this subject so please post there https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?threads/circular-issued-for-gvm-upgrades.44165/ Looks like time to upgrade to a proper 4x4 truck :eek...
  6. ULost2

CRAZY Ants!!

north east nsw atm if you see them please report . Fire ants in qld is enough drama for people outdoors without these buggas getting about also . And these sound far worse than fire ants! Bloody bull ants are spooky enough for me :rolleyes...
  7. ULost2

12 volt oven

Questions answered thanks any thoughts on 12 volt ovens -- yes no maybe -- what not to buy Stumpy (son) needs one for the truck -- amazing the stuff that need -- want lol -- these days!! this seems a middle of line and available locally --...
  8. ULost2

getting a bit silly

getting that long they cannot be parked at the shopping centre --- yep; could have gone a little further in if the other idiot wasn't there I bet there are a few stories inside this set up -- modern fella though; solar panels cover the top of the van, and at the back something like a 30 year...
  9. ULost2

trouble on 12 wheels

Trouble on 12 wheels is what I thought when some youngsters in 3 4x4s showed up at a salty lake yesterday evening as I was about to leave after taking the camera for a walk --- haven't done that for awhile Anyway, I headed off, never gave them another thought until I returned to the same area...
  10. ULost2

Things you see at maccas!!

Now that's a truck :rolleyes: . Who would have a 4x4 when they can have a 6x6 lol My guess is they have been to tinnie racing at berrie sa. Has Qld plates
  11. ULost2

wet roads and tracks

G'day; sort of been hiding lately http://www.milduraweekly.com.au/road-repair-not-a-major-ask/ And my facebook comment Before repairing there needs to be a few signs saying things like "dry weather road only" "road closed when wet" " road is not a test pad for your 4x4 mud tyres" "$1000 fine...
  12. ULost2

Fantastic

now that's a cool looking mean machine -- looks sooo much better without a BB imo. hard to believe it's a m/phone pic
  13. ULost2

corrugations

https://4x4.practicalmotoring.com.au/technical-explanation/how-are-corrugations-formed/ Not sure about the compacting part --- I always thought it was done to slight drive wheel slip. Gravel roads are hard; but a loose surface so drive wheels slip. But I don't have THAT bit of important paper...
  14. ULost2

when fun becomes hard work #2

Not sure what happened; have asked for 1st thread to be deleted I wonder when they started to think this fun idea is a really BAD idea :D I guess just another hint that more posts are about to be planted :(
  15. ULost2

rotating images

rotating images --- very controversial to some so I do it a lot :rolleyes:; or at least rotate many files to see if there is something better; however I often decide to rotate when I photograph the subject as I did with this 'drunk tank stand' spotted beside the road --- I thought of the name...
  16. ULost2

haven't seen this for awhile

about a week ago at Lake Cargellico; central nsw. New servo opening special --- I was thinking of punching a hole in the fuel tank so I could take real advantage of the price ; I only needed about 20 bucks worth :( SEE! I pays to have a petrol donk haha And next morning it was a little past cool...
  17. ULost2

great site for inspiration ---

--- and to keep the head out of the clouds https://1x.com/photos/latest/all Those photos could be considered some of the better or the best photos going as each photo needs to be approved; and the bar is set rather high -- too high for me
  18. ULost2

sometimes the signs are true

goes up to a lookout at a rather nice place of Bingara [nsw] on the Gwydir River -- I have seen to the height somewhere but ... (??) . Some stunning camping sites along that river although would be better when they release more irrigation water from the Copeton Dam south west of Inverell ...
  19. ULost2

whoops!! Washin' the cruiser

Photo posted FB by peter forrest (australian trucking and history "Nice an clean when it was retrieved just like an acid bath" insurance paid Now if he drove a kia he would not feel 1/10 as bad
  20. ULost2

as they say --

--- abuse it lose it have noticed a few new ones since the last rains I was going to post a few pics of serious 4x4/muddies damage but some here seem to get rather upset