Search results

1. Hoyks

Rear diff - pressed in nipple?

It had front, rear diff, gearbox and transfer case breathers from the factory, so why mess with it? It probably doesn't have a thread, a lot are just a tapered press fit. Cheaper, easier, quicker and good enough. All things they love in assembly line production.
  2. Hoyks

Snorkel but what else

... and clean up all the swarf from the bottom of the wheel arch.
  3. Hoyks

Snorkel but what else

I used a 1/8" drill bit and a 1/2 round file. Drill lots of holes close together, join them up and then file the edge clean.
  4. Hoyks

What do people think of the Liberal Democrats

You allocate your preferences. All this talk of preference allocation is just about what they have put on their How To Vote Card, their political leanings and who they are cozying up to before the election. Once cast they don't have any control over your vote once it is in the ballot box, it...
  5. Hoyks

Who to vote for?

A seedy roadside stop isn't my choice on where I'd want to spend my holiday, as short a time I can spend in transit means more time at my chosen destination. But if you're going to do the whole paradigm shift, then charging stations that can be distributed through the main street of town are an...
  6. Hoyks

Who to vote for?

It would, but if you have the real estate to put up a big enough solar array or wind power so you have excess capacity and then are then essentially getting the power for next to $0, then you can afford to write off some efficiency losses. Hydrogen (or hydrogenous compounds) are just an...
  7. Hoyks

Who to vote for?

Well, that reply had an added dose of snarky venom to it. Urea is manufactured with natural gas as it is the cheapest way they currently have, its also why Russia is the major manufacturer. They can do it on the cheap and no one questions the environmental impacts too much.
  8. Hoyks

Who to vote for?

I'm all for clean energy and think that fuel cells will give much better performance than current batteries, but some of the hydrogen hubs that have been announced will be cracking natural gas to get the hydrogen. They have conveniently ignored what happens to the carbon bit of those...
  9. Hoyks

Who to vote for?

The problem is that they are producing hydrogen from natural gas. Its an inefficient process and in most situations you'd be better off just burning the gas in the first place.
  10. Hoyks

Who to vote for?

Latest documents to turn up indicate that Scomo authorised payment to the NT government of a $20 mil incentive to encourage them to lease the port of Darwin to Chinese interests. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-12/scott-morrison-nt-government-darwin-port-labor-documents/101060900
  11. Hoyks

Winch Warranty's - Who to Support and When to Walk, Warn,Runva,Ironman,Carbon,Tmax etc

For anyone with a Costco membership that is in the market for a new winch, Carbon 12K were on sale (in the Bundamba store anyway), just in time for the wettest May in a long time. I have nothing but positive (well, mostly) things to say about my Carbon winch, its been on for 6 years now and...
  12. Hoyks

Legacy trailer plug history

I had a 6 pin round on my 98 Terrano. Was a pain in the arse and always filled with mud.
  13. Hoyks

Legacy trailer plug history

More so that tow capacities got bigger and trailers and vans got bigger. All of a sudden override brakes just aren't cutting it and you need electrics to the trailer with more amps than a basic 5 or 6 pin could supply. Yes you could add in a Anderson plug, but a 12 pin is lower profile and just...
  14. Hoyks

Status of rokons in Australia

He rebuilt the engine and replaced a burnt piston in the Honda dealers carpark in Moree, so he was pretty resourceful. We stilled called him Crazy Kell.
  15. Hoyks

A mate of mine rode from Woolongong to Bamaga on a CT110, he admitted he probably needed his head read when he got back home. Going Postal was a good story too, English guy who's visa was expiring, so bought a postie bike and rode it home. A CT110 makes 7.5 ponies from its 110cc, the Rokon is a...
  16. Hoyks

They are a crazy, go anywhere machine and you have the option of using the rims as long range fuel tanks that still allowed you to float them across rivers. But woefully slow. 7hp and a theoretical top speed of 56 km/h, they aren't exactly a touring bike...
  17. Hoyks

Interesting Utube vids - just for entertainment, of course!

Did they ever? The last 2 accidents that I have had my car was parked and people drove into it.
  18. Hoyks

Who to vote for?

So they should, everything below the surface is owned by all Australians, miners just lease the site and should pay for what they dig out.
  19. Hoyks

How to avoid stone damage to roof mounted solar panel

They are covered with toughened glass, not laminated, so should be impact resistant. You need pretty big hail to smash them. That said, a sharp impact to the edge of the glass can be catastrophic.