Search results

1. GPS Guru

Garmin Rino 650 Wall and Car Charger For Sale

Hi. I’ll have a look. Give me a couple of days as I am away. cheers, Clayton.
  2. GPS Guru

Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

Following up on my previous post. Well it was a fail.... Once the vegetables had thawed out in the refrigerator (and I have since read that you can cook them in the bag in boiling water) they were soft. I cooked them in the bag for about four minutes and they were best described as being mushy...
  3. GPS Guru

I followed this website https://www.crazyvegankitchen.com/guide-to-vacuum-sealing-fresh-produce/ and both steamed and boiled the vegies. I then sealed them three or four weeks ago and have taken them out of the deep freeze today. The steamed ones still seem to have a little bit of air in the...
  4. GPS Guru

I ended up purchasing one of these https://vacuumpackagingwarehouse.com.au/collections/vacuum-sealer-machines/products/320mm-food-vacuum-sealer-roll-starter-pack No brand name and cost $219 including a couple of rolls of sealing material. I have just sealed some veggies for the first time with...
  5. GPS Guru

I’m looking at purchasing a vacuum sealer in the $200 range. I was looking at the Foodsaver VS6100 at Harvey Norman but there were a couple of reviews that highlighted several issues ie. hard to close, poor instructions and inserting kitchen paper in with the meat so that it would seal. That...
  6. GPS Guru

Garmin Rino 650 Wall and Car Charger For Sale

If there is anyone looking for both a wall charger (used) and a brand new car charger for a Garmin Rino 650 (they won't fit other models), I have one of each for sale at $40 for BOTH (will not separate). These items are now discontinued by Garmin. The RRP for the car charger alone is $49 and the...
  7. GPS Guru

Brewery Creek and Basalt Knob Tracks

Thanks Skurfer. I gave Basalt South Track a crack but started to struggle. It was going to be a challenging one to get up due to a very loose surface. We felt that it would be a bit too difficult for some in our party, so we played it safe and ended up doing Brewery Creek Track instead which...
  8. GPS Guru

Hema HX-1 or IPAD mini with HEMA maps

If your iPad doesn’t have a SIM card, you can run a Bad Elf GPS in lieu.
  9. GPS Guru

Brewery Creek and Basalt Knob Tracks

Has anyone done Brewery Creek and Basalt Knob tracks lately and if so, what are they like (standard, condition etc)?
  10. GPS Guru

What Sort off Gaiters Do You Find Best?

No hard feelings! I can understand where you are coming from. Don't worry about it, I forgive and forget! It's an interesting point about the sweating that you made and also what others have said. I think I might have to venture out to some of the stores and have a look. I still have my old army...
  11. GPS Guru

Not a problem. I haven’t posted for a while and wasn’t aware about spamming threads occurring. It certainly wasn’t the intent. I’ve had the business name under my postings (with Admin approval) since I joined around ten years ago. Thanks for the apology though . Appreciated.
  12. GPS Guru

Thanks for the replies - some good info to consider. Sounds like nylon maybe the way to go. Canvas could be an issue drying. I get sick of those spurs that seem to dig into your socks! Plus I've been doing some work out in the bush where a colleague and I became attractions to leeches!
  13. GPS Guru

I’m looking at buying some gaiters to protect from seeds, grass, snakes etc but have been having a look on line and it seems there is quite a choice. What one do you find works best? Is there any advantage of canvas over nylon and vice versa? Would appreciate opinions. Thanks.
  14. GPS Guru

Cheap Diesel

Is it lack of competition?
  15. GPS Guru

Cheap Diesel

I filled up today at United in Mahoneys Rd Thomastown. i was expecting to pay around $1.12 per litre as I find them very cheap but it was 0.987 per litre, the cheapest I had seen for years. Plus I got a further four cents per litre off courtesy of a Collingwood Footy Club membership. is there...
  16. GPS Guru

What is the matter with some people?

I was in Wonnangatta the other day and some idiot has driven off the defined track right past a sign with a notice stating that a $2,000 fine is applicable for doing exactly that. These morons go and ruin it for the rest of us. Pull your heads in if any of you idiots responsible for this sort of...
  17. GPS Guru

Catchcan for Mitsubishi Challenger

Thanks fellas. Looks like a Provent.
  18. GPS Guru

Dash cam

I love the Garmin. We have two of them. I had used a Uniden before but it wasn't very good. I enquired with Garmin about leaving it fixed to the windscreen but they were rather non committal about it. Having said that, I have left mine on the windscreen but with a window shade covering it. I...
  19. GPS Guru

Dash cam

My Garmin dashcam doe not lie! Lesson: don't tussle with a GU with a bullbar! I tried to place the video with this posting but it is too large.
  20. GPS Guru

Catchcan for Mitsubishi Challenger

I'm looking at installing a catchcan on a 2011 Challenger with the 2.5 turbo diesel. Any recommendations for a good quality one?