Search results

1. profoto

Vic-W Gippsland Swag

Swag, 2 years old, been out in rain to seal but never used Condition Good- Price $60- Location Lang Lang- Contact Details PM or 0422 640527- Postage Details Too heavy Pictures Can load later if wanted Purchased from Aldi about two years ago but never used it, I put it...
  2. profoto

Political Correctness UK Version

European Union Directive No. 456179 In order to bring about further integration with the single European currency, the Euro, Citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland must be made aware that the phrase "Spending a Penny" is not to be used after 30 April 2014...
  3. profoto

Driving and texting

Very clever message from VW Volkwagen's shocking driving ad stuns moviegoers - Motoring - NZ Herald News
  4. profoto

Messing around with the D800

Just a few shots while setting up. Some of my watches sitting on the family tartan Daughters Tibetan Spaniel, vicious little ******* it is too The Lunar eclipse from a few weeks ago, short lens and a savage crop, this represents about 5% of the frame Cruising on the Goulburn...
  5. profoto

For Croozy

This is a pic of my daughter doing a dressage lesson, using a tripod and allowing room for the images and ensuring that the settings were manual. The three images were then placed into the 'Merge' function of Paintshop Pro X5 (X6 has it too). there is a green and red brush in this function...
  6. profoto

Whats the date today?

Drop bears target tourists, study says - Australian Geographic
  7. profoto

Oh Dear, who have I offended....

8. profoto

Solar power at home

Just a gloat, installed a 4.5kw system as our power bills were about $800 a quarter, just paid my new one, $17.40. To say I am rapt is an understatement, wish I had done it earlier although 2 years ago we were quoted $22k and this one cost $6.5k. Now, if I could harness the moonlight I could...
  9. profoto

Taco filling

We don't like mince or the packaged seasoning so will offer ours: 500-600g round steak or can be the BBQ steak One big onion chopped One clove garlic chopped 2 heaped tsp each of oregano, ground cumin, ground coriander One bottle (600-700ml) Passata (Tomato pasta sauce base) available at...
  10. profoto

Pass the vegemite

Video on yanks trying Aussie snack foods, the vegemite is priceless https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=617936228274170
  11. profoto

Water bladder

I am getting one of these for the boat and may throw it in the tray when I go away. Just passing on FYI as they look like they could be better than carrying a drum, there are a lot of variations for mounting etc as well as capacities Water Bladder Tanks 60 LTRS FOR 4x4 Camping Fishing AND...
  12. profoto

Ozi Explorer GPS

I found one of these on fleabay and wonder if anyone has used one or knows anything about them. I want it primarily for the yacht but could be useful for off road trips as well. Price seems OK but if anyone can offer any other suggestions I am all ears. HI RES 4WD Digital 7" GPS With...
  13. profoto

12 days of christmas

12 Days of Christmas - Gifts By Mail Day 1: Dearest Richard: I went to the door today and the postman had delivered a partridge in a pear tree. What a thoroughly delightful gift. I couldn't have been more surprised. With deepest love and devotion, Gwen Day 2: Dearest Richard: Today...
  14. profoto

Mike Harding

I hope it's not our bloke... MIKE HARDING/CAPTAIN PARALYTIC & THE COW: Amazon.co.uk: Music :D:D
  15. profoto

It's a Jeep thing

Try this with your 200 series etc... Rebuild a Jeep under 4 minutes - YouTube
  16. profoto

Air Crash (very graphic, not for the feint hearted)

At an airshow some time ago I captured this aircrash at the moment of impact. I don't know how many people were in the buildings or what injuries they suffered. Consider carefully before scrolling down as it is quite traumatic, imagine the horror of those inside at the time of impact.
  17. profoto

Meat (a good read)

Meat
  18. profoto

Thread missing

Put up a post on wiring, saw one response and now it's missing in action, can anyone tell me where it's gone?
  19. profoto

Getting wiring through firewall

Navara D22 2009, trying to get wiring through the firewall and seem to find a lot of plumbing everywhere, tried to run it beside the aircon pipe but was having none of it, before I go to an auto elec anyone know a safe spot to get 4 wires and an antenna cable through without breaking something...
  20. profoto

Long Tan

Today is VV Day, might go down to Frankston RSL for lunch and see who's around. Any others here?