Search results

1. A

Total noob, help me pick a off road vehicle

I'm not to concerned about Mitsubishi's support in fact it will probably never see a Mechanic as I would prefer to do all my own work and maintenance. Also for getting parts, forget Australia. https://partsouq.com/ Hit those guys up they in the Arab Emirates somewhere, most prices are 1/5 th of...
  2. A

That's alright, all of that information is useful to someone. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who will talk about a million cars and then buy something I never even thought of haha My main issue is I still haven't really decided what I want to do with the vehicle. If I'm just going to do...
  3. A

Do you need to upgrade rear locker if you already have one ?

Great, thank you guys, was really puzzling me why anyone would get an aftermarket one if you already have one and personally I'd get an electric one even if I went for the front, there just seems to be so much more to go wrong with an air locker.
  4. A

Do you need to upgrade rear locker if you already have one ?

This might be a stupid question, but I can't find the answer. I see people installing front and rear air lockers for example, but the vehicle already has a rear locker from factory. So why are they putting in an air or whatever type locker in the rear if it already has one from factory, wouldn't...
  5. A

I get what your saying, I'm just saying what I would do with my money. A new car is a new car at the end of the day and don't worry I'm just as shocked with land cruiser prices.
  6. A

With european cars it really comes down heavily how good your mechanic is. It will really change your outlook on the cars reliability. Yeah I was supprised to, I can't believe how much people are asking for them. I was expecting most of them to be in the 30's at best. I wonder if people are...
  7. A

I would happily get the disco but their prices are insane. Your basically looking at close to $50K if not more for a 7 year old car with 100,000KM. I'm happy to wrench myself I'm pretty good on the tools, not much I can't do have worked on lots of modern passenger cars, but at that price I can...
  8. A

Thank you for that, this is something that's actually extremely important to me beacause im 6ft2 roughly and this means that there are many cars where no one can sit behind me. This is a huge issue for me as this is going to be family vehicle and will regularly need kids and before you know it...
  9. A

Yeah look I get it, anything can have issues at the end of the day, nothing will be a 100% guarantee, it just annoyed me greatly the way Toyota went about the issue and the vagueness of their answers on whether they have really fixed it or not. I have two friends who bought a D40 at the same...
  10. A

I am interested. Thank you.
  11. A

Damn that's impressive for a heavy car. Will also make a world of difference on sand.
  12. A

I probably can compromise on the space, at the end of the day any serious long term camping will require a trailer of some sort to be able to carry everything an entire family needs. My only issues as I've just replied to another post is the questions around the DPF.
  13. A

Th Thanks for that, that Is the kind of information I'm after. I'm also not scared of maintenance costs as I'm pretty handy on the tools and can get most parts from overseas. Will definetly keep the Disco 4 in mind. The updated prado thats coming out is great, 150KW/500NM. However, I have...
  14. A

The $60K is my budget, doesn't mean I will spend it. If I went the Triton route I wouldn't spend more than $40K.
  15. A

Thanks everyone for the input, I'm happy to hear from more people. What I gathered so far is that based on what I plan on doing I don't need to start with any upgrades and the body of the vehicle should come out fine in most situations. I will also be going on a lot of of these trips with a...
  16. A

Hi Everyone, I thought it would be a good idea to get some peoples experienced opinions on what I actually need for the type of 4x4 driving I plan to do. My biggest issue is that I don't know what's out there and I would hate to have spend top dollar on a ute when I could have gotten around in...