Search results

1. Ditch

Rear Shock Replacement

After 10 years & 200,000 km`s of abuse one of my rear OME Nitro Chargers has finally blown a gasket. Thinking of going with Tough Dog 40 mm adjustable & looking for some feedback if anyone else is running these. Vehicle is a 2005 GU Patrol wagon with a 300 kg constant load rear springs. Any...
  2. Ditch

Employee crushes own work ute with haul truck.

It is understood the driver of the light vehicle was performing maintenance on the haul truck on the morning of 21 November, at the Brockman 4 iron ore mine near Tom Price, when he ran over his own vehicle. Full story -...
  3. Ditch

Terra Incognita Mapping Software

Terra Incognita is a program for downloading, calibrating & saving various map images from sources such as Google Maps, Open Street Map, Open Topo Map & many others. Saved map formats that are supported include Oziexplorer(.map), BSB.KAP, Garmin JNX & TomTom. Google Terrain zoomed to 250...
  4. Ditch

Separate 4X4 licence classing

Just had a read of this article on the PC`s 4x4 website - https://mr4x4.com.au/separate-4x4-licence-classing-need/?fbclid=IwAR1E7rWpAZlmHUJyg1nOUZxYY5Htxi2xOoH2sTiKOnX0MWfpignsrCJBVhU Lot of discussion on whether this would be a good idea or not. IMO I don`t think a different class license for...
  5. Ditch

The Night Sky

One of the most enjoyable things about getting out & camping for me is sitting around a campfire & gazing up at the night sky. Started this thread so forum members can post some of the events that are about to happen in the night sky for those who are interested to keep an eye out for. Anything...
  6. Ditch

Converting PDF Maps To Digital Maps

Any PDF map can be downloaded, converted to an image & then calibrated in Oziexplorer for use as a digital map. Maps can be sourced from many locations including National Parks, State Forest, Tourism & many other places. Over the last month or so I have converted over 300 maps from the...
  7. Ditch

Barrington Tops - Easter 2018

The plan for this trip was to try & access the northern side of Barrington State Forest from Nundle Forest via Tuggalo & Mernot State Forests crossing the Barnard, Curricaback & Pigna Barney Rivers. The roads existed on the maps but we did not know if we could access them. Turns out it was a...
  8. Ditch

G`day All

Have been using this site on & off over the years & thought it was time to sign up & share a few tracks from around my area. Back living in my home town of Barraba, 100 km north of Tamworth in Northern NSW on the Nandewar Ranges. Not a great deal of 4X4 tracks nearby but a great place to start...