Search results

1. Warby

Absolutely ridiculous advertising sizes... again.

How many websites do you visit on a regular basis? How many of those do you pay to visit? The majority of visitors will never pay to access this forum. That is a simple fact and you can carry on about how unfair it is all you like - it won't change it. If the website user experience continues...
  2. Warby

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Statement is issued on 13th. Payment is made on 13th. That is definitely not outside of any 14 or 25 day period lol.
  3. Warby

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

I'd never heard of or encountered the whole "you cant pay until after the statement is issued" thing before. That's an absolute con IMO but whatever, it's manageable - Just means the money sits in my account longer before it goes to them. But this one of having to wait a couple of days until...
  4. Warby

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

@#@##$%$!!!@@!!@@# I *hate* banks... Especially, at the moment, bloody NAB!!! I get paid on the 15th of each month.. If that falls on a weekend or public holiday, it's the business day before.. Every month, when my pay goes in, I go through and make all of my required credit card and other...
  5. Warby

Even YouTube provides incentive for the paid service - you get to save videos to view offline and continue playing in the background / while screen is turned off or locked on mobile devices.
  6. Warby

Show us your meat - The BBQ thread

Simple one tonight.. chicken thighs with a jerk rub on the Weber family Q. Will do dinner tonight and a couple of lunches.
  7. Warby

Agreed that the mobile format is good. No issues there. Just fix your damned desktop experience :P (side note - it seems fine today... I'm not sure if you've changed it, but the ads now are being presented as a full width banner between the grey header with the primary header menu and the...
  8. Warby

I agree that they do need to be a little annoying - If we don't see them, they're pointless. They still shouldn't mess with the formatting or layout of the website though and degrade the user experience. If a person's first experience on the website were what I posted a screenshot of at the...
  9. Warby

Again... I have no issue looking at ads. I think that it is perfectly reasonable to be served ads - those ads shouldn't ruin the user experience though.
  10. Warby

I actually think the current model is OK (albeit I really don't see the current incentive to become a paid member, so I do think your suggestion to make more of the site exclusive makes sense) - It's just the implementation that is letting it down.
  11. Warby

To provide perhaps a slightly more constructive input that just my previous complaints... I assume you are serving the ad in the header because you perceive that's how you will get the maximum number of impressions and viewing time, right? Last night, when I visited the site I looked at a...
  12. Warby

The screenshot is in the first post, and it was like that across every page on the forum. Using Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop, with default resolution (can't recall and not at that PC right now). There is nothing exotic about that setup. This SHOULDNT be a problem man - like I said multiple...
  13. Warby

You're missing the point @Patriot . Nobody has said they have a problem with there being ads, the problem is that you're letting the ads ruin the UX because they've been poorly implemented. I'm happy to support the site by being served ads, but there is no excuse for doing it so poorly when...
  14. Warby

It's nothing to do with antivirus software or any lack thereof. It's the poorly implemented advertising scripts used and where the code to serve the ads has been inserted in the website layout.
  15. Warby

I'm not paying for membership of any forum with admin who aren't willing to address the most basic and ongoing UX issues. Edit to add to my original reply here.. I wouldn't, and won't, pay to access this forum. Nor should I have to - advertising is served to generate revenue, the paid...
  16. Warby

My bbqs get a scrape before and after each cook. Every few cooks I'll crank the temperature right up at the end to burn off any chunky bits. Once every few months.. or so.. I pull everything down and give it a deep clean.
  17. Warby

The ads should never be able to affect the layout of the page like that. @Patriot what's more important? The little bit of ad revenue or user experience???
  18. Warby

Come on guys... this is absolutely destroying the user experience. Literally HALF the screen taken up by the header because of an ad?? Seriously.. you need to ditch the ad scripts that you're using, or ditch whoever it is that's managing your website, because this is just stupid. Every other...
  19. Warby

If I'm doing brisket I prefer to spend up and get a full 4/5/6kg brisket from the butcher and enjoy leftovers for days :P I love the Coles and Woolworths briskets though for smash burgers. Family favourite there. Kids even say it's better than Macca's hah
  20. Warby

Once you get the technique nailed for your bbq, charcoal is reasonably set and forget. With my kamado for example I can (usually, hah) get it to sit comfortably on my chosen temperature with very minimal deviation all day long. You can also buy aftermarket controllers for them that allow you to...