Search results

1. 80lover96gxl

G'day all.

G'day everyone. Been away from the forum for a while but am back now . Looking forward to possibly catching up with a few old friends and maybe making some new one's too. Will be keeping an eye on proceedings aswell but know your all usually well behaved so this should be easy. Cheers all, BD.
  2. 80lover96gxl

Pt Lincoln and Coffin bay Nat parks, Jan 2020.

With all the fires in the vic hc our planned trip was canned at the last minute and plan B came into effect. 5 days to explore what we could with minimal research that turned out to be a very enjoyable trip , here's a few pics. Our campsite. Random pics. Very enjoyable time...
  3. 80lover96gxl

SA 2020 annual meet , June lwe 6th 7th 8th.

CANCELLED DUE TO COVID 19. If the situation changes between now and June I'll update post but for now it's off folks. Bendelby Ranges station has been chosen hold our AM for 2020 on the long weekend of June rather than march as previous years in the hope of more favorable weather conditions. I...
  4. 80lover96gxl

Language on the forum.

G'day all. Lately I've noticed the word F@#k being used more and more frequently in forum posts, whether it be in conversational posts, you tube video's ,or in picture memes on the jokes page. All members should know, and understand that this is a family orientated site and to maintain the high...
  5. 80lover96gxl

ANZAC 2019.

6. 80lover96gxl

SA 2019 Annual Meet.

Well our 8th Annual meet has been done and dusted , literally. A smaller turn out than previous years but still an enjoyable meet nonetheless. Was great to see some new faces and always good fun catching up with familiar one's. Our group of 4 vehicles depated Roseworthy a little after 10am...
  7. 80lover96gxl

Birdsville at presant.

Floodwaters from the north have reached birdsville and are on their way to lake Eyre. Apparently no crossings of the simo at presant either.
  8. 80lover96gxl

Interesting Trees.

I like trees. Found this one rather interesting at a little town called Springton in the Borossa valley in SA. It has some history behind as it once had a man by the name of Herman living in it for 5 yrs back in the mid 1800's when the area was first being settled. He lived in it while building...
  9. 80lover96gxl

Pt 2. Cape York to Darwin.

With Cape York done it was time to turn the vehicles south. Wayneo n Beryl were keen to get back to Adelaide for personal reasons, Steve n Doods, Ant n Ali and Dee n I had more time up our sleeve and wanted to make it back to Coen for the first night as campgrounds behind the pub ( the...
  10. 80lover96gxl

Cape York, Darwin, Red Centre.

After many months of planning and research 5 vehicles assembled just nth of Adelaide early morning on the 25th of August full of excitement and anticipation, we were finally Cape York bound. After a 2 day break at longreach to check out the Quantas museum and outback hall of fame we arrived in...
  11. 80lover96gxl

SA Annual Meet 2019.

March lwe 9th ,10th ,11th. Location: Terowie ,home of the krazy kreekbeds. Price : $70 per vehicle for friday to monday. Terowie is a privately owned 4wd /livestock grazing property located in the mid nth of SA. It's approx 230kms nth of Adelaide, 265kms wnw of Renmark and 300kms wsw of...
  12. 80lover96gxl

80 having a nap

Found this one on fb, bet the seatcover got sucked into an uncomfortable position. https://m.facebook.com/groups/112893246226?view=permalink&id=10155172469721227
  13. 80lover96gxl

Old Clipper Buses

Was up at Burra for the last day of the Easter break and discovered that the Australian Clipper Bus enthusiast group were holding their annual meet there. These buses were built in the 1950's with only 18 remaining in the country 4 of which were bought over from the US, with the other 14 being...
  14. 80lover96gxl

Aussie Cricket Team, ball tampering saga.

So whats everyone's thoughts on the whole ball tampering saga that our national team is embroiled in ? Personally i think it's a disgraceful situation and if Steve Smith was aware beforehand then he should be stood down immediately. They've taken decades of Aussie cricket being known as one of...
  15. 80lover96gxl

SA Annual Meet.

Well another AM done and dusted. Good turn out, good weather, excellent location and fantastic people all combined to make for a great long weekend at Grumpy & Deb's Cape Jaffa caravan park on SA's limestone coast. Arrived after 10pm friday night, camp set up in 15 mins and joined in...
  16. 80lover96gxl

Billy Goats rollover ?

Has anyone heard anything about this or know when it happened ?? Came up on a70 series page tonight.
  17. 80lover96gxl

SA 2018 Meet, Cape Jaffa. 10th,11th,12th March.

G'day all, This yrs annual meet will be held at Grumpy's new dig's, Cape Jaffa caravan park. Cape Jaffa is located between Kingston SE and Robe on the beautiful SE limestone coast of SA. All members attending are asked to please call Cape Jaffa caravan park on 08 8768 5056 to book your site or...
  18. 80lover96gxl

SA to VIC meet 2017

Got 6 vehicles departing tomorra at various times and 1 leaving early sunday am. Plan is to meet at Mansfield on sunday around lunch and spend the night there whilst awaiting our 7th vehicle. Hit the tracks monday morning to butcher country area then head south. Looking to arrive at Otooles...
  19. 80lover96gxl

Track condition updates

G'day all, OK i realize the tracks have all just re opened in the HC so am wondering if anyone has had the chance to check out Butcher Country yet ? Have driven it before couple of yrs ago from sth to nth so this time will be nth to sth. My main concern is that 2 of our group of 7 will be...
  20. 80lover96gxl

One for the LR crew

Beast. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=745363695651067&id=123272294526880