Search results

1. Superdad

100 IFS GVM increase

was about $3k from memory but the 105 is live front and back whereas mine has IFS at the front process involves new springs and dampers. Best ring them for a quote
  2. Superdad

100 series electrical gremlin - help

well.... put the car on a current draw and showed she was drawing 0.33 amps (sub 0.05 is ideal). Turned out the Polaris reversing camera had a short in it. Disconnected it and current draw has dropped to 0.08 amp and headlight problem has resolved itself. Doesn't makes sense to me but problem...
  3. Superdad

Went to mardo. Had a short in after mkt reversing camera that was drawing 0.33amp. That's solved...

Went to mardo. Had a short in after mkt reversing camera that was drawing 0.33amp. That's solved one problem and once done cannot recreate headlight problem. Not sure how they could be linked but so far so good...
  4. Superdad

hi mate. do you know where the headlight relay is in a 100 petrol Landcruiser?

hi mate. do you know where the headlight relay is in a 100 petrol Landcruiser?
  5. Superdad

access relays

hi all. Anyone know about the rely location on the petrol 100? There is a fuse box under the bonnet behind starter battery. Thus has a few relays but not all. it looks like those fuses and relay's are sitting at top quite a thick black plastic box. Does anyone know of that box contains the...
  6. Superdad

100 IFS GVM increase

i got mine done at Ultimate Suspension in Sydney . Could could try calling them and ask of they know anyone near you?
  7. Superdad

30-40k budget, HDJ100r vs late model dual cab.

I have the V8 100 petrol. Put a 2inch lift in it and run 33 and you'll have one of best sand vehicles you can make. No issue with IFS
  8. Superdad

100 series electrical gremlin - help

I have a2004 LC 100 series. A couple of nights back, the wife noticed the headlights were on. Car was off and locked up. Fired her up and lights turned off. Turned lights on and they worked fine. Turned them off and they stayed off. Turned off ignition, locked her up and all was well, until 3...
  9. Superdad

Qld touring advice

Is there a particular stretch of coast you are referring to here?
  10. Superdad

Qld touring advice

All Got a few weeks off in Winter and want to take a look around Qld. We have an offroad van and Landcruiser all modified for distance touring. 3 kids, all pretty fit and healthy. Looking for a trip that will keep kids entertained (warm and swimming holes would be great), keep me and wife...
  11. Superdad

inverter and macbook pro

Don't think it works that way. 84W is output so at 20v output, thats about 4 amp. For the inverter at 240V, 150W would be circa 0.6amp. Aren't GPO points about 2400W (ie 10amp max at 240v)?
  12. Superdad

inverter and macbook pro

Has anyone done the calc's on the size of inverter required to maintain the power on a macbook pro in use? Also, am I correct in assuming i can get away with modified sine wave for charing a laptop? Logic being the charger goes into the battery and the computer components are downstream of the...
  13. Superdad

exhaust jack - free to good home

hi all, I have an exhaust jack. It has never been used and has been stored in garage for 7 years. i don't take it with me anymore and it is just taking up room. free to good home northern beaches sydney
  14. Superdad

100 series cruiser - brake lights won't turn off

well, it was faulty!!
  15. Superdad

Cut red and black. Unit killed, lights off and brake lights work when pedal depressed. Thanks a heap @CaptainBanana. Legend
  16. Superdad

Cut red. Brake lights off buy unit still on?
  17. Superdad

Dr c Got 4 x wires: blue, black, red or white?
  18. Superdad

So it should have its own fuse?
  19. Superdad

Matr, reckon you're onto something. I was playing with it today and it is very old with a loose manual override button. Unit is lit up and is hot. How would I isolate it? Old haymen Reece unit.
  20. Superdad

Interesting, brake controller is on its last legs and I was playing with it today...