Search results

1. Trav D40

Damage to McDonalds Hut near Swift Creek.

I have to agree mate. While I don't like the idea of having to pay to use the bush if it means getting rid of people who do the wrong thing then so be it.
  2. Trav D40

Looking to find friends and new tracks

G'day mate. Welcome. Pretty new to the forums myself. I also live in SEQ and when I started out I bought a book called dirty weekends in SEQ by Brad McCarthy, try and get a hold of it if you can, it's a great book that lists heaps of beach,private 4x4 parks and national parks/state forest tracks...
  3. Trav D40

2004 GU ST III 3.0L

Hi guys I'm currently looking at a 04 model GU III manual 3.0L thats for sale. It has 230,000km on the clock and the dealer is asking $17900. Does this sound reasonable? I'm just after some advice and opinions. Ive heard the 3L have a reputation as the grenade engine, is this something I should...
  4. Trav D40

Navara to a Hilux?

Yeah you make sense mate. Had a bit of a think about it and I'm just gonna keep the Navara and set it up to suit my needs and liking. Cheers for the advice.
  5. Trav D40

Navara to a Hilux?

Cheers for the advice mate.
  6. Trav D40

Navara to a Hilux?

Thanks for replying mate. Honestly nothing is wrong with the Navara, it's been a great car, pretty much stock apart from some Wildpeak AT's, A Phat bars bash plate and it's still under 100,000kms. I've found it to be pretty capable stock, I just thought perhaps I'd look at getting into something...
  7. Trav D40

Navara to a Hilux?

Thanks for replying mate. Honestly nothing is wrong with the Navara, it's been a great car, pretty much stock apart from some Wildpeak AT's, A Phat bars bash plate and it's still under 100,000kms. I've found it to be pretty capable stock, I just thought perhaps I'd look at getting into something...
  8. Trav D40

Navara to a Hilux?

G'day everyone, I'm just after some info and advice please. I currently drive a 2013 Navara D40 but I'm thinking about getting into a Hilux with all the fruit etc and I was hoping you could point me in the rite direction by telling me pros and cons of particular models, Good engines and how...
  9. Trav D40

Where's the love ???

Good on you for helping mate. I don't understand some peple these days. If you see someone who needs help, then you help! Isn't that the Aussie way? Its the way I was raised. In all honesty It wouldn't even cross my mind the thought of being sued, I guess it's just a sad indication of the way...
  10. Trav D40

Saturday 16/1/16 want to hit some tracks

Sweet! Sounds good mate. Yeah Ive got a snatch strap and D shackles etc. Ill let use know if Im definitely coming probs Thursday.
  11. Trav D40

Saturday 16/1/16 want to hit some tracks

If my fishing trip falls through Im keen. Will be in a fairly stock navara D40. The only mods I have at the moment is a phat bars bash plate, rated recovery points and some general grabber AT2 tyres haha. Only new to 4WD do you think Id be sweet? I have recovery gear.
  12. Trav D40

New member from Ipswich QLD Trav

Haha I think you meant to welcome me Ian! Cheers mate and yeah Cambanoora Gorge is easily accessible and a beautiful place! Great for a beginner to learn creek crossings I found.
  13. Trav D40

Cheers Aaron
  14. Trav D40

Thanks mate.
  15. Trav D40

Gday everyone, I'm new to the site and thought I'd introduce myself. Im Trav 31 from Ipswich QLD and drive a Nissan Navara ST D40 2013 model that I bought in October, It's still pretty much stock apart from a set of General Grabber At2 tyres, TJM rated recovery points and a Phat bars bash plate...