Search results

1. joshinthecity

70 series production officially paused.

You do realise that you are now morally and inextricably committed to posting a sound clip video for us poor bastards that are still waiting. (read: me) right ?
  2. joshinthecity

That's great info. I would have gone with the Hotdog. But I won't. Can always "cut n' shut" one in later anyway I guess.
  3. joshinthecity

Can't argue with the price... $420 DPF back with hotdog. https://www.deaperformance.com.au/p/4-X-4/LANDCRUISER-76-SERIES-WAGON-V8-MY17-3-INCH-DPF-BAC/DEATY24-HO
  4. joshinthecity

Time to upgrade. Help pleeeeeeeease!!!

Low klm diesel Pajero Sport. That 2.4 diesel and auto combo are a good and proven thing...
  5. joshinthecity

What did you go with ? josh = living vicariously through Alby.....
  6. joshinthecity

Ergh... I checked in with my dealer a couple of days ago. I ordered in May. Was just told my build slot is Dec 15th, with ETA of my 76 now Feb 2022. Frickin disaster....
  7. joshinthecity

LDV

This.
  8. joshinthecity

Congrats mate. 6 mths. An achingly long time to be sure; but from the sounds of things, better than it could have been.
  9. joshinthecity

WOOOOOOT !!!! great news Alby. Remind me when you placed your order again ?
  10. joshinthecity

Earthquake centred near Mansfield

My sister lives in Homebush Sydney. She was in the bath when it happened and she said the water rocked and rolled in the bath. She thought she was stroking-out. Astonishing.... I live near enough to Wollongong. Didn't feel a thing..
  11. joshinthecity

Jimny order placed, awaiting an April delivery. Melbourne.

Nice. Jimny's are fantastic. It'll be worth the wait :)
  12. joshinthecity

Kings gear

Agree with this also. I have had this same conversation, also at trade-shows (Germany). Same with Indian manufacturing. (in my case, heavy steel industrial equipment) They can (and will) offer a quality level that is absolutely world-class. Without a doubt. But it comes at a cost that the...
  13. joshinthecity

Of course.... the only choice. I don't even understand the question !
  14. joshinthecity

Agree on all counts. However, when standing there looking at it in person. I realised what an amazing time-capsule it would have made. Tyres + suspension + snorkel then leave it. *sigh* FWIW, it is more appealing in the flesh, than it was in the press photos, and even in my own photos...
  15. joshinthecity

I have been offered this....

Yup. I suspect this N/A 1HZ would be as slow as a wet week. But I also bet it'll still be trucking at 500,000 klm. I think it would make a good truck for someone. But not me, as I need something capable of long days in the saddle / big distance, which I suspect this would not be great for. Owner...
  16. joshinthecity

Albion Park Toyota.
  17. joshinthecity

UPDATE. 1HZ. NA 315,000klm 3rd owner (last 13 years) 92 model. Pump / injectors / LSD and CV's done recently. Apparently in good nick for what it is. No good for me, but a very rare and interesting truck. It's a proper 70, not a Bundera... Owner is going to take advantage of the crazy prices at...
  18. joshinthecity

No info yet. Other than a trusted advisor knows the owner / truck. More info as it comes to hand. Would this be a 1HZ ?
  19. joshinthecity

At my dealer waiting for it's lucky owner to pick up. This is the truck I could have had for $11,500 more than the one I ordered. It was / is too much money for what it is. But seeing it sitting there.. I'm not gonna lie. It tugged at the heartstrings, especially since my truck is a no-show...