Search results

1. Rusty Panels

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

People are dumb! I actually saw a family having a picnic lunch on the one on Bulli Pass back in the 70's.
  2. Rusty Panels

Getting rid of cigarette smell on steering wheel.

I don't usually get my nose close enough to notice!
  3. Rusty Panels

Welcome to the site. Lot's of advice both good and bad will be given by all! Just pick the bits that suit you. ;)
  4. Rusty Panels

Time to give up and get a generator?

Actually the little Honda is very economical. It will run between 3.5 and 8 hours on a tank depending on the load. The tank is only 3.6 litres. ;)
  5. Rusty Panels

Driver assist systems

Yeah, I'm not a fan of all the tech crap. I attempted to turn off what I could in the Everest but things like the Emergency Collision Avoidance couldn't be. It was a pain in the arse when you came up close to another vehicle to overtake it and the big red brake light would flash on your...
  6. Rusty Panels

Time to give up and get a generator?

I ended up with a little Honda 2.2 Inverter generator after the bushfires. The insurance company were happy to pay for it as we had lost power for almost 3 weeks. So, it will be going into the side storage of our new van when it arrives to supplement the 200 ah batteries and solar system. Unless...
  7. Rusty Panels

Junk mail/scammers and QR codes

The spam and scam texts and calls have become a major industry for slimy little thieves who should be locked away for good. I think there has been an increase due to the lockdowns as most of us are at home when these scumbags would normally be breaking into your house.
  8. Rusty Panels

Banks - moral compass or arbiter?

The banks don't care about anyone other than their stock holders. It's as simple as that. They are in business to make money and that's all there is to it.
  9. Rusty Panels

Junk mail/scammers and QR codes

All you can do is block them but, they will call or text again from a different number. I haven't had any for a while but have noticed that they suddenly appear if I am selling something on Gumtree.
  10. Rusty Panels

Landcruiser 300 Series

I think I just saw one down the coast! I could be wrong but it certainly looked like one. Not terribly impressive, looked like a steam train that had hit something at speed. Big flat front with little character. If that's a 300 I reckon they got it wrong!
  11. Rusty Panels

Spotlights Issue!

You mention that you used a harness, so I'm assuming it was the full harness with a relay. Do the Kings work when you turn the rocker switch for the new bar off? If it doesn't work at all then theres a problem with the Kings wiring. If I had to guess it would be that you have loosened or...
  12. Rusty Panels

LN106 Dual Cab '93 SR5 Tonneau

There are some great upholsterers out there. Unless the money is an issue I would go with them for the better fit and quality.
  13. Rusty Panels

Slippery Hill - nearly ended in tears

For starters, neutral is never an option. Why couldn't you have selected 4wd at the point where you stopped and then reversed down the hill? You probably would have had more control in L4 in reverse without brakes. Not sure if the hubs will lock in reverse, some will apparently. But regardless...
  14. Rusty Panels

Hello

Welcome to the site mate! :) The app is very informative!
  15. Rusty Panels

Good Day all.

Welcome to the site! :)
  16. Rusty Panels

70 series production officially paused.

I remember being amazed at having to pay 85.4 cents per litre at the Archer River in 1987 when it was only 42 cents at home.
  17. Rusty Panels

New on the forum

Welcome to the forum, pretty tidy looking truck for the age. Their biggest enemy was rust. Good luck with the resto :)
  18. Rusty Panels

Corona virus

There have been several cases of people coming out of quarantine with a clear result only to show symptoms and be positive on about day 17. I'd reckon it must depend on your metabolism, some people are a little more resilient. In reality it should probably be 21 days.
  19. Rusty Panels

Rear bar wheel carrier removal

You could try a bit of heat directly on the shaft. That may get it moving too. It would get me moving! o_O
  20. Rusty Panels

Who uses Water Filters when travelling remote

Actually an update on the filter. It says on the label that it uses carbon technology. Probably should have read that earlier I guess! There are certain shires in NSW that overuse the chlorine to a ridiculous level. In the early 1970's I worked for the old State Government version of Sydney...