Search results

1. prawns

What Did You Do To Your 4X4 This Week? Include photos, if possible!

Surely thats a winner on "shortest post verses most work done" ratio in here? hahahahhaha :D You make a fairly big job sound like "ahh yeah I had 5minutes to kill so I yanked out the engine" hahahahhaha ;) :D
  2. prawns

R u ok?

Thats a beaut deck mate and a very touching story :) You guys did Andy proud on it mate Im sure :) Looks a great spot to sit back crack a beer and relax with the sounds and views of wildlife - perfect!
  3. prawns

Sharks are in the ocean!!!

When I first started offshore fishing with a couple mates they mentioned they dont swim in the saltwater at all for the same reason. I thought it was a bit unusual, but after seeing the size of the first shark that turned up and started stealing our fish within reach of our hands etc I only swim...
  4. prawns

hahaha yeah they scare all the fish off - and even if you manage to hook a fish they tend to steal it :D Get alot of sea turtles around here and its pointless fishing anywhere near them as well as the fish are all really spooked
  5. prawns

I have a mate who kayak fishes for them in the QLD canals - I think he is nuts too :D
  6. prawns

If its proper freshwater and its a shark - its a bullshark :) (no other shark can regulate its kidneys/convert urea to prevent loss of salt water as good as a bully can - its unique in this regard - the others would just die in short order) Some other species can tolerate slightly brackish...
  7. prawns

Yeah just the possible odd cranky bullshark but thats it in the fresh. Sharks can really get moving - some around 100 kph they believe! (shortfin mako) - I had one doing flybys on me while people were pointing it out to me from shore yelling while I cast lures at it lols. It was so fast I...
  8. prawns

This is why you can't have nice things.....

I think it would of been treated as fairly cheap realistic training where nobody got hurt perhaps? :D I reckon "stuff happens" sometimes and I bet the relevant authoritys will be telling that story around the station for a while, and laughing about it for some time to come. No malicious intent...
  9. prawns

But its ok - you can test for them if you know the trick
  10. prawns

If you can't stand the heat . . . ??

I was suprised its classed as a heatwave too - but apparently "Three days or more of high maximum and minimum temperatures that is unusual for that location" is classed as a heatewave these days (according to BOM) We are all getting soft :D A newsreader here said three consecutive days over 30...
  11. prawns

Bad cust service or just me

The old mitsubishi genuine towbar VS hayman reece towbar fiasco springs to mind. The mitsubishi bar is a stamped hayman reece manufactured bar (identical except a badge) but mitsubishi was wiping warrantys even if dealers themselves had fitted a hayman reece towbar before the buyer picked up the...
  12. prawns

What wildelife have you seen on your travels?

More like "Wheres my commission" lols :D
  13. prawns

Bit of a marine theme
  14. prawns

Stockton beach saturday 03/10

Its not leaking oil - Its sweating power :D
  15. prawns

92 pajero prob

that's pretty common that one. I used to do the same thing to fix it. If its the orange center diff lock light flashing and not the green ones - do the same thing too but while steering left and right helps that orange light go out (the green ones don't care about steering as much) I found to...
  16. prawns

UHF problems

my moneys on the "finals" ("final amplifier" - they blow nearly immediatly if you transmit on a bad/no antenna and have exactly those symptoms of receive fine - but cant be heard by others as the amp isn't boosting your signal nomore being burned out - the signal had to go somewhere....) Of...
  17. prawns

Had a owl fly in through the back door a couple weeks ago - up the hallway and made itself at home. It didnt seem fussed whatsoever and when we opened the front door and pushed it off its perch it just flew straight up to a higher and harder to reach point pretty casually instead of out the door...
  18. prawns

"Excuse me you got a big shark following you" LOL

lmao I can just imagine. With the amount of sharks in the news these days it might not be that far fetched at the moment either hahahhaha. Was a guy on the news today knocked off his surfboard at shelley beach central coast (my old local) they are definatly getting around atm chasing the...
  19. prawns

Cb radio

This threads awesome for a doofus like me getting my head around the new system :) I had no idea they didnt use "normal navigation" GPS satellites either hahahahha
  20. prawns

Pets and Tricks etc

My dogs tricks are usually pretty obvious