Search results

1. cam04

Time to give up and get a generator?

Our last trip to Fraser I had all three AGM’s in the camper fail simultaneously. Thankfully I had thrown the little Hail Mary genny in ‘just in case’. It saved our trip. It’s a 1000w eBay special (gentrax) and it doesn’t have to raise the revs much over the ECO amount to run a 25a charger. The...
  2. cam04

Driver assist systems

Hilux doesn’t have electric steering so the lane assist works by braking a single front wheel. It is a bastard of a system. Luckily there is a button to override it.
  3. cam04

Driver assist systems

You learn to drive around the driver assist features or adjust them to suit you. Both our cars have ‘radar’ cruise and the full suite of driver assist. They are both very conservative when driving into the sun, in light rain etc etc and will disable all the systems if they aren’t fully...
  4. cam04

Laughing at you, not laughing with you.

I like it both ways…….. but I’m sarcastic so I expect some laughing emojis in return or I haven’t been sarcastic enough.
  5. cam04

Corona virus

Wow, maybe if bats on sticks didn’t taste like KFC……..what a ridiculous statement. We are nearly at 85% vax, no thanks to people like you. Your chance to get as much covid as you like is coming very soon - be patient while the rest of us facilitate it for you.
  6. cam04

Grease Advice

Okay im going to drop this here but my question is a little broader than suspension. the only non negotiable above is white marine grease on the Yamaha (yamalube if you like throwing money away at boat shops, or any equivalent from the auto shop). It also happens to be fine for bearings...
  7. cam04

Slippery Hill - nearly ended in tears

You know its bad when you have to engage the 'safety thumb' on the top of the stubby haha - too many years crawling around landcruiser park.
  8. cam04

Corona virus

Different conversation. I specifically stated that the silent majority had the right 'to protect themselves against' ....... I.E. someone is choosing to harbour a potential threat to the rest of us and release it upon us when daily it is becoming undeniable that there is one clear way forward...
  9. cam04

Slippery Hill - nearly ended in tears

In modern vehicles with ABS and traction control it isn't so important anymore, but in cars like yours the rule is to never ever use the brakes down hill or exactly what happened to you, will happen. Engine braking only, using either low or high range. If it super slippery, sometimes low range...
  10. cam04

Corona virus

You’re telling the story. Going by the stats it is MOST likely that they would have both tested and showed a false negative, but say it any way you want, that is what stats are for - manipulating. https://www.cochrane.org/CD013705/INFECTN_how-accurate-are-rapid-tests-diagnosing-covid-19
  11. cam04

Landcruiser 300 Series

Saw one yesterday driving around springwood. The white fence paint right across the grille badge might have worked for the 'throwback' FJ Cruisers, but on a Sahara it looks about as right as a sawn off stormwater downpipe snorkel. The only thing I can think of is that the marketing department is...
  12. cam04

Corona virus

Yep, all for freedom of choice. I'm also strongly aware that the silent majority has the right to protect themselves from antivaxers, and the ramifications of their choices should it all go South. Freedom of choice does not mean freedom of access, and if you choose not to vax, you do not have...
  13. cam04

Corona virus

Sorry, it’s worse than that - “rapid antigen tests showed positive 72% of confirmed cases showing symptoms and 58% of cases not showing symptoms.” Not a silver bullet. The guys at Drifta who have issues with the NSW govt policy have taken it upon themselves to provide rapid testing in the...
  14. cam04

Corona virus

The most popular rapid test kit in use overseas was developed in Melbourne iirc. Their accuracy is down around 85% odd. Good for creating trend data over time, not so good for reliable outcomes in the short term.
  15. cam04

Lockdown Protests

The bells, the bells..........LMAO as i sit here licking my eyeball :p
  16. cam04

Corona virus

Haha, yes I don't remember my Mrs holding my hand at the vasectomy clinic either!
  17. cam04

Corona virus

Calling it sheep dip (drench) is a bit steep although it started as a vet drug. It has been prescribed for humans since the 1970's is is almost single handedly responsible for keeping the people of the third world alive. It is excellent for worm, fly, lice etc control. As for virus control, I'll...
  18. cam04

78Ah AGM battery pack & 200W solar blanket

Nazi means pointing at the sun all day long. Forget angles of orientation etc., that is for static setups. You'll want it pointing east in the morning, up at midday, and west in the afternoon. You are also going to want to get some air circulation around it to keep the panel temps down in...
  19. cam04

No worries. Then you are in the lap of Ra who will decide how long the beers stay cold. Run time is super subjective so straight maths never seems to translate well. Try not to run the fridge super cold, try to keep it out of the sun, try to keep people out of it. Bottom line it isn't a big...
  20. cam04

After a couple of days with patchy cloud you'll need to go for a drive to charge it up. In good clear weather and a solar panel nazi in control of orientation you'll be fine. My ute fridge is a dual zone evakool running off a 75ah optima with a 160w fixed panel. I rarely run into issues. Loading...