Search results

1. muc the truck

Buying an excavator

Give it a fluid change it will save you money in hoses blowing later . new fluid keep seals and hoses softer. Nice machine and block of land
  2. muc the truck

Buying an excavator

Brian when I started clearing some of the lantana I have discovered a number of old stone walls that were built by convicts Farmers would build fences like that too . very common
  3. muc the truck

Land Rover Discovery 3

Any time you have a coolant leak and cant find it go to your local radiator shop and they can pressure your system , you will see the leak immediately . its better than risk. Takes about 5 minutes
  4. muc the truck

Land Rover Discovery 3

Any car that has extremely long service intervals often becomes problematic out of warranty . I still would change oil and filters every 10,000. I think its a sales pitch and gamble on warranty to sell more cars . A few brands do this .
  5. muc the truck

Cheapest way to dissolve rust and fertilize your grass,garden

I have just taken down my Molasses tank and dumped it on the garden in time for the rain we have just had thats made our garden super green . I have had car parts soaking in 2000 ltrs of it . 1 PART MOLASSES 8 PARTS WATER . It takes about 2 weeks but if its painted and your too lazy to...
  6. muc the truck

Show Us Your Holden

I have not been here for ages , I have been busy , sold my colroado , spending some of it on my Disco and the rest on my Holden Panel Van along with a lot more other money lol . So i took out the 308 and modified turbo 700. dry fit a ls3 hsv and tr6060 six speed , enlarged the tunnel made my...
  7. muc the truck

I bought a Disco $800 td5 auto 7 seater

It needs a fuel pressure regulator as its leaking diesel from it . and the smell gone from the cab , do i lite a match to the interior and buy another from a wreck i don't know.
  8. muc the truck

there will be no oil leaks by the time I finish with I . I fixed them on my Es . looking through over 15k of service and repair dockets I can see why these vehicles are so often not serviced when the dealer charges $42 for every sump plug oring on every oil change . Almost every service was...
  9. muc the truck

All up its cost me $860 so far . Tyres are great , engine would not start (loose fuel line caused air and they didn't know how to fix it ) runs great after purging . Auto is slipping as its done 350,000 . Its has 15k worth of receipts from first owner that sold it to a native Australian 9...
  10. muc the truck

Driver cautioned for 'illegal mods'

everyone has solar panels around me including me . There is no glare off them in north QLD, it must be a southern thing lol
  11. muc the truck

Driver cautioned for 'illegal mods'

If you were to look at the solar panel like bonnet scoops they are fine as long as they are no more than 50mm tall and do not block the drivers view . I do not see a pedestrian being hit by a sandman panelvan steel bumper bar with a 2 ich fibreglass scoop or that PVC solar panel coming...
  12. muc the truck

Secret documents reveal issues with new HiLUx, Ranger, Navarra and Colorado.

Wait until your d4 has done some serious miles and ask your self would you take it into remote locations . maybe you would . But the fact its the reliability of every single car maker has decreased , the clearance and suspension travel in most 4x4 has decreased and so has the physical size...
  13. muc the truck

Android and Windows

Its been a while but I have converted files from pc to android ozie
  14. muc the truck

Secret documents reveal issues with new HiLUx, Ranger, Navarra and Colorado.

I don't think anyone is going to build a better 4x4 ever again ., You are all better off rebuilding a older one , be it land cruisers up to about the90s , Landover defender 1995- 2002 , disco 95-97 and 2003 -2004 with cdl, patrol 4.2 . we have seen as good as we are ever going to get
  15. muc the truck

Post all accidents casued by driving with phones here . It might change peoples bad habbits.

I had a stop in at Ingham police station to day and report a young female driver off her face on something , completely unable to sit still enough at the wheel to stay on her side of the road twitching and waving her head and hands , both hands off the wheel most of the time with 2 or 2 year...
  16. muc the truck

Thats not a crack

I would feed a sprinkler jet up the entire length of the chassis connected to a rust proofing gun and drag it back slowly so you have about a 2 litres of fishoil dumped inside the chassis . Fish oil doesn't require rust convertor . it soaks down to the base of the parent metal and starves...
  17. muc the truck

Petrol station thieves

Your taking it literally like someone does with autism word for word out of the dictionary , no offence intended at all . High prices are always considered in slang as theft or highway robbery . Its figure of speech .
  18. muc the truck

Post all accidents casued by driving with phones here . It might change peoples bad habbits.

I have had to avoid accidents from mobile phone drivers, one today , I have been hit by mobile phone drivers and I continually see carnage from mobile phone drivers . So I start this thread and hope everyone else can post there own photos . I will go looking for my accident damage tonight...
  19. muc the truck

Not mine but i wish it was. Number 1 Overlander wagon .

Best family car ever made.
  20. muc the truck

Not mine but i wish it was. Number 1 Overlander wagon .

Nicest grill they ever made . I have the lower grille too. they are getting expensive as people are buying them up not to use but to hord . Nice van .