Search results

1. cam04

Hilux suspension goals

Who said twin cabs on leaves and IFS was an imbalanced horrible union? Oh yeah, me. Happy to be proven wrong once again. Well done to the builder.
  2. cam04

For people assuming they have a GCM upgrade

https://rvdaily.com.au/think-you-have-a-legal-gcm-upgrade-in-queensland-think-again/?fbclid=IwAR2CJtc5DkNEcf0cT5uawgOvlS6gmR-8wPYA1DB7sqZqd62Z2_hHue9LBFI
  3. cam04

The new Mazderati BT50

Drum roll......... The new Ute, so far very impressed. There is a long way to go to get it fitted out properly, especially the canopy - looking to more touring without the camper trailer so it needs to be practical. Bull bar needs to be chosen yet also.
  4. cam04

New BT50/DMax

Any experience? I’m chasing good or bad news. About to change work utes and the base model BT50 drop side twin cab Ute is leading the way so far in the box ticking exercise I am undertaking. I didn’t think I’d end up looking that way but that’s what happens when you make a list and go in with...
  5. cam04

sand

Beach travel. Cardinal Rule: If you are getting stuck, lower your tyres even further. Always try to park facing slightly downhill. Handbrakes have a habit of siezing up after a week at the beach - maybe try to think about not using them - toyota owners just do your best to pretend you have...
  6. cam04

Driving ruts

Steer in ruts following the bonnet, not what you think. Keep the bonnet level and steer TOWARDS the side that dips. Forget the back wheels, you can't control them as well.
  7. cam04

Downstream

Especially with a soft bottom, use nature to your advantage, always try to start a little upstream and move with the water to your exit, rather than fighting upstream against it.
  8. cam04

PX - ARB OME front struts, lower bushes

Keep an eye on them. These are a press fit and not a job you want to undertake without the proper equipment - just ask my mobile mechanic haha.
  9. cam04

Ineos Grenadier

I’ve followed this project for a while and it looks like it will come to Oz. Is this going to be the 110/130 series we should have had all along? 3 litre straight six TD with a ZF auto with HD twin locked driveline. Will the driver’s seat fit a human? Will it cost what they say? $60 - $70k...
  10. cam04

Mt Mee

Took the family out for a look around on Sunday after the rain. We took the new Sube and I must have forgot to tell the Boss that the K-Break Western escarpment track wasn't sealed when we discussed going to the Somerset Lookout :) I needn't have worried, the little beasty is built for that sort...
  11. cam04

Only a soft roader

I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it.
  12. cam04

Spring - snakes - read this

Repost - Ect4Health As we approach Summer Snake Bites in Australia That bite of summer has well and truly come early this year and with that heat, comes snakes. 3000 bites are reported annually. 300-500 hospitalisations 2-3 deaths annually. Average time to death is 12 hours. The urban myth...
  13. cam04

June/July Holidays - snow route?

The mad QLD'ers are doing a winter tour from Sydney, south to the Vic border along the various beaches, and then would like to head back inland via some higher country then back to Brisbane. Any suggestions of a route inland and North? We will be towing a camper and set up for the cold but on...
  14. cam04

Here’s trouble

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-5440059/German-cities-impose-driving-bans-diesel-cars-combat-pollution.html?ito=social-facebook So this ruling allows municipalities to ban ‘older dirty’ diesel cars. No phase out, no notice. Stick a sign up and they are gone tomorrow. It will be...