Search results

1. allanmac

Stone guards for towing.

I am on my 3rd one now, (different size vans & tow vehicle) and if I ever buy a new van/tow vehicle & current one doesnt fit, will be the 1st thing I buy. Service from Christian is first class, and as Paulyg said, very well made. A couple of suggestions to those who plan to purchase one. When...
  2. allanmac

Absolutely ridiculous advertising sizes... again.

Think you are on the money there. Many forums, not just 4wd stuff, have fallen by the wayside due to 'Faceache'. I joined this site many years ago with the sole purpose of going on 4wd trips and meet new people, which happened on a regular basis in the early years. It has all changed now, no...
  3. allanmac

Victoria - COVID 19, What a bloody mess.

I, like many I suspect, are very pleasantly surprised by the numbers of late, as I never expected the 'zero/zero' to be here for months. I am sure many will be 'singing the praises' of Dan & others for this result, but as Boobook says, how many will remember the complete stuff up from them that...
  4. allanmac

Vics are free to travel on the 9th

Bomber, Cheryl and I had planned to head to Paradise Valley with the van on the 9th for a few days, but due to a change at work, we cannot go.. :(. Even though the announcement on the 8th should allow us to get into regional Vic again, especially with the great results of late, not convinced it...
  5. allanmac

Do 35’s put out your odometer

Exactly the same for me. When running my 32" A/T's, speedo is 'spot on' with the GPS, but with the 33's, 100klm on speedo is 102klm on GPS.
  6. allanmac

Another 'kick in the guts' for Victorians with little change and the goalposts getting moved again...:mad:. Obviously, someone needs to get in a round of golf and a haircut, but for for the rest of us, excluding some relaxation for tradies, which is great, there is nothing major in it for the...
  7. allanmac

The general consensus is that we will be given very little next Sunday, (I wont find out to later in the day as Bathurst is on..:D), but I have a gut feeling that we may get a little more than expected. Reason I say this is 1, to take some of the pressure off the Premier, (not sure if it will)...
  8. allanmac

This is somewhat interesting. Did his memory suddenly return, or was he 'encouraged' to change his story to protect someone and now be likely to be a scapegoat in this saga.... :rolleyes:. One might think that 'perjury' could be a possibility, but as usual in Victoria, all will be forgotten by...
  9. allanmac

Think you might be right; re no going away on the Cup Weekend. The last few days the Premier has continually eluded to 'changing the goalposts' as it seems the next step number target will not be achieved. It seems everyone, other than those making the decisions, has known this so unless they...
  10. allanmac

Have always said that target is totally unrealistic & unachievable; but I hope I am wrong. Dan has now hinted that regional travel for Melbournians may not happen at the next step on Oct 19th as originally planned. Just cannot understand the logic anymore as our daily numbers are low now...
  11. allanmac

Totally agree about not protesting, but more and more Melbournians are getting more & more frustrated everyday, especially in regard to those who are doing the wrong thing and not being fined for their actions. The next Victorian election is over 2 years away, and as I said earlier, most...
  12. allanmac

The path to unlocking in Victoria- when can we travel and camp?

Cannot believe the curfew was lifted, because as CaptainBanana said, we still cant go anywhere. All I can see it doing is opening the door for more people to do the wrong thing in regards to gatherings at homes. Also, why not keep the '1 person per household only' allowed to go shopping until...
  13. allanmac

Am sorry if I come across as an uncaring prick, but the majority of deaths here in Vic are the elderly, with many in their 80's & 90's. The question has been asked many times here & elsewhere; did they die solely from Covid, or did they have other health issues that were going to lead to their...
  14. allanmac

Back on topic, it is quite amusing that NOBODY knows who made the decisions regarding the quarantine fiasco.. :rolleyes:. I would have thought that bureaucrats may have briefed the Ministers with what they thought would be the appropriate course of action, but it is up to the Govt to approve or...
  15. allanmac

The path to unlocking in Victoria- when can we travel and camp?

I keep checking and double checking the next few steps, as per the current roadmap, and basically the next step starting Sept 28th gives the majority of us 'bugger all'... :rolleyes:. In regard to the OP's question, from Oct 26th, as we have no intrastate travel restrictions, we CAN go 4wding...
  16. allanmac

Corona virus

John, yes her vote doesnt count if she wasn't in parliament, but she attended parliament to vote after discussions with the Health Minister. Yes, the Premier didnt get the 12 months but without the Greens vote, he would have got 3 at best. Anyway it is done now.
  17. allanmac

Amazing how many stories/theories come out with Covid, such as Morrison coming to Melbourne to see the Governor & Andrews being replaced..:rolleyes:. As others have said, why would the PM want to see the Victorian Governor, & if he did, the media would have been all over it. In regard to the...
  18. allanmac

Corona virus

Not exactly true, as the Greens person had to come in from maternity leave to get it passed. The Govt needs 3 of the independents to vote with them, along with the Greens, to get legislation passed in the upper house. My understanding is they did not have the numbers without her vote.
  19. allanmac

Thanks for that Matt... :)
  20. allanmac

Agree, am sure none of us will ever know 'what was discussed behind the scenes' and whilst I have no idea one way or another I am not convinced police asked for such a stringent curfew, if they did ask for one at all. In defense of the Premier, in the early part of Covid I think most Victorians...