Search results

1. M

Tanami Track

I thought this thread was about the condition of the Tanami Track?
  2. M

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

You can skip most of them. I'm easily annoyed with ads but I find Youtube bearable.
  3. M

Tanami Track

If you catch any of the outback major dirt roads on the wrong day then you and your car are in for the endurance test from hell. The next time you drive them they're smooth as tar.
  4. M

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Commercial tv is a dying proposition. I haven't watched free to for over 20 years. Foxtel lost me because of ads and I'm not interested in sport. None of my family watch any of them either. I haven't bought a paper or magazine since I don't know when either. We watch Netflix, Stan, Amazon and...
  5. M

Anyone running TOYO tyres

I can't comment on the MT's as we avoid mud like the plague. :)
  6. M

Anyone running TOYO tyres

Group of 4 leaving for the outback next week and we're all running Toyo Open Country AT2's. It's the 3rd trip on them now.
  7. M

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

:) More often than not, when I'm asked by a person on the phone if I'd like to take a quick survey to rate my experience, I say "trust me, you don't want me to rate my experience, if you get what I mean".
  8. M

New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

Almost the same sidewall as a stock Prado or Pajero on 17" rims. The Jap cars have a 265 width while the Defender has a 255 width making the sidewall a touch smaller.
  9. M

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

They don't have to get your number from a database. They can just randomly ring numbers and see if they answer. A message bank often gives a name. You can program a computer to make the call, scavenge and interpret the results, then save the results in a database for real people to make use of...
  10. M

Landcruiser 300 Series

Well the V6 diesel in the VW Amarok or Touareg is a fantastic engine, but then you go for a spin in a V8 diesel Touareg. It's next level. Fuel economy in both is amazing. If Toyota can do a new V6 then a new V8 using the same tech would surely be a winner? But then again, diesel is on the way...
  11. M

Landcruiser 300 Series

That video was rated by JD Power as "H" for heretical because it had a VW still moving while a Jap brand was broken down. :)
  12. M

Landcruiser 300 Series

I saw a video of a V6 Amarok towing a Dmax with a blown transfer case out off Googs Track the other day. It seems relevant.... :)
  13. M

CHEAP Bash Plates

I've got Boos on my car too, front and rear. All good, easy to install.
  14. M

The Covid jab , will you take it ?

A really bad headache is now known as an early clotting symptom.
  15. M

Jokes

16. M

Landcruiser 300 Series

I've driven thousands of outback kilometres in a Land Rover and a Jeep for no breakdowns. A sane person drives those brands like they are breakable, half expecting something to go wrong, where a Toyota driver may drive it like it's unbreakable and push a bit too hard. It's a bit like driving...
  17. M

Something a bit different

To get right in the groove, pull up in the trucks only rest stops every 2 hours and make a pot of tea so that you can annoy them when you aren't moving as well. :D All jokes aside, it sounds like a fantastic idea. My old girl won't camp so I'll probably be doing the same soon.
  18. M

Something a bit different

Have you booked your aged care facility yet? :D
  19. M

Corona virus

Migrants copped a fair bit of negative rhetoric in the past, I clearly remember it. It takes a fair bit of time for the melting pot to settle. It seems quite common to have the bad actions of a few applied to all of any new lot, they all get tarred with the same brush. My pet hate is religion...
  20. M

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

I didn't ask my old provider, they called me when they found out I was leaving. I told them they should have given me the deal the whole time and to shove their power. I have swapped to Red Energy because they're supposedly Australian owned. The old company was Alinta which I found out was...