Search results

1. Patriot

Ads on site

So we are still tweaking. As it is - non members, lots of ads. Not too many, but there will be a few. We monitor how many pages people look at all the time and continually tweak that. Members logged in, less ads. Contributing members less ads. Paid up members no ads on the forum. There is...
  2. Patriot

Absolutely ridiculous advertising sizes... again.

Generally, most people's browsers keep them logged in. How was the experience after logging in?
  3. Patriot

Are you deleting cookies, cookie? :)
  4. Patriot

Hey mate, how come you weren't logged in? Try it when you are logged in?
  5. Patriot

Another push for sensible towing limits...

https://4x4earth.com/podcasts/27-caravans-crash/ I interviewed Mike Clayton from Clayton's Towing about some of the issues. He has seen a lot of caravan crashes. A lot of it is people just not understanding how to tow, so better education and licensing I think is really important.
  6. Patriot

Wonnangatta Couple from Drouin ??

Absolutely!!!!!!!!! With the rise of the crime podcasts, I think they look for people to assist with the background information and a lot of it is off the record. I think a lot of the time people know who dunnit, it is just a case of proving it.
  7. Patriot

I can't remember, I think they were keen to talk to some members about the work that they had done in the search and possibly some background info. From memory they were going to sign up and PM them. I wasn't super keen on giving out details, so left it up to them from memory. It was quite a...
  8. Patriot

When is the Under Investigation going to be on? One of their producers contacted us wanting more details about the info on the thread.
  9. Patriot

Drone saves stranded family on Kirrama Range Road at Blencoe Falls.

ABC is reporting that a FNQ man used his drone to get signal for his phone to send a text message alerting friends that he was stuck and unable to get out of the bush. The group, four adults and a baby were forced to spend an unplanned night in the bush. State Emergency Service area controller...
  10. Patriot

Where did the threads go?

I am not sure how moved them, desert and beach are very different. Which threads were they?
  11. Patriot

Bought a Masport 6 burner

Thanks mate, I would have loved a smoker, but I just don't think we would use it enough and these steaks were cooked in now time, so with a family and all, getting a quick feed is a big requirement. Still going to try a brisket in it - do a nice rub and see how it goes. Won't have the smoking...
  12. Patriot

We've started just smashing some potatoes into the food processor and a bit of salt, pepper and cumin and they come out a treat. Going to have a crack at a brisket.
  13. Patriot

:)
  14. Patriot

Insane mud convoy

Wow, Uganda, that would have been epic. Any photos? What were you doing out there? Mining?
  15. Patriot

Insane mud convoy

We should go out and do the Otways more often, we've only done it once. I remember it was pretty damn muddy.
  16. Patriot

Insane mud convoy

Here are some German trucks making their way through the Congo rainforest. Loaded down with supplies, I reckon they are chewing through the diesel! Cool way that they are using the bars to link the vehicles. Not only pulling but I reckon that first vehicle would have been getting a bit of a...
  17. Patriot

Bought one of these puppies in the boxing day sale. Set up was interesting, but we got their in the end. Steaks for dinner tonight!
  18. Patriot

Pat Callinan now drives a VW Amarok

Is Pat still on TV? I am not sure how many people watch commercial TV anymore. :) Last time I watched there were ads every 15 seconds, so it is pretty off putting.
  19. Patriot

Oakley Sunglasses

These are my Oakleys. I'm disappointed that the design has the arms scratching the interior of the lenses. :( I like Oakleys, but I need prescription lenses, so they work out to be quite expensive. Looking at Wiley X for my next pair, and probably online.
  20. Patriot

When you recovered somone that probably didn't deserve your help.

Being someone who has had to rely on the kindness of strangers in my earlier years, I definitely think there is benefit in helping out, but some people do ask a lot, especially when there is equipment damage, vehicle damage, or even injuries.