Search results

1. Rusty Panels

Handy Hints

I thought that it might be a good idea to have a handy hints thread. Here's one to kick it off. My dogs love a few Goodos to start the day. I keep the empty bags and store them in my garage. The reason I keep them is that they are super tough and have a press seal on them. I also keep the...
  2. Rusty Panels

Something for Nothing!

I've been with TPG for my internet for years and am on NBN 50 unlimited etc, etc. They sent me a text and email last week to say that they have upped my plan for 6 months for testing purposes to a higher speed. No cost involved all is the same and will apparently revert to the normal after...
  3. Rusty Panels

Warning for your Best Mates

I just had this link sent to me regarding a disease that is now in Australia and there are concerns that it will spread throughout the country. It is carried by brown ticks and has already killed many dogs over here...
  4. Rusty Panels

Forget the Mainstream 4x4 Check this out.

What an amazing little unit. I want one!!! They're available here too! Trouble is where could you legally use one other than private property?
  5. Rusty Panels

How are these for brakes?

I just watched the autonomous braking video on the Volvo FH Series trucks. I reckon it should become mandatory equipment on all vehicles in the future. Pretty impressive stuff. Volvo Trucks - Emergency braking at its best! - YouTube
  6. Rusty Panels

Wonderful Moments in Word Sporting History

Those of you who know me will undoubtedly realise that I am as fond of sport as most humans are of treading in a hot dog turd without their thongs. To me it is the biggest waste of money, time and oxygen that the inhabitants of this planet pursue. The only sporting moment I have ever had was...
  7. Rusty Panels

What was your worst car and why!

I've owned a couple of duds over the years but the worst decision I ever made was buying my first proper 4x4. It was a Daihatsu F10 and I imagined myself following in the footsteps of the great explorers and discovering hidden wonders all over the country. It wasn't long though before I worked...
  8. Rusty Panels

Rusty's Recipe Roundup

I thought seeing that I've been doing a lot of cooking of late that I would share some of my recipes with you. First recipe is so easy and one of my families favourites. Satay Chicken Drummies This was originally a recipe for Sate Beef but has been slightly modified and super easy. First...
  9. Rusty Panels

Don't neglect your filters.

I'm sure that most of you keep your vehicles well maintained, but there are many others who don't. If you're one of those who tend to leave these things till the last minute then this message for you. I have noticed down my way that despite not having been off road much this year my air...
  10. Rusty Panels

Oil Leaks! Anyone tried this?

I found a product on eBay that claims to rejuvenate oil seals and gaskets and is guaranteed to stop oil leaks. It's called "Stop Leak Seal Expander 230" It's Australian made and sold by a mob called "Liquid Intelligence, Smart Solutions". They claim that it rejuvenates the rubber in seals...
  11. Rusty Panels

Ticked OFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys!!!!!!!! Aren't you totally over all the crap that everybody's on about. I mean for crying out loud!!!!! Enough of the Corona Virus! Enough of the stupid tracking app!! ENOUGH CRAP!!!!! Can't we just get back to having normal little chats about why our Everest is superb or crap or...
  12. Rusty Panels

Ford Everest Club of Australia

Has anybody successfully joined or posted anything on the Ford Everest Club of Australia site? I tried to join and jumped through all of the hoops, was emailed an activation code then followed the prompts back to the login page and all I get is the sound of crickets chirping and spot the odd...
  13. Rusty Panels

Everest Bullbar

I finally got the bullbar for my Everest. It has been just on 2 and a half months since I ordered it. Apparently they ran out of them at Shoreline in WA and were waiting for more to arrive. The corona virus held things up so I'm told anyway, it's here and I gave it a coat of paint to try and...
  14. Rusty Panels

Prices of parts.

I'm sorry to say but I have been buying most of my parts online lately. I know it's not good for the local businesses and it is doing people out of work but, let's face it if you can save money who wouldn't. I'm not just talking about a couple of bucks here and there either, I'm talking about...
  15. Rusty Panels

What was your first 4x4?

I had a sudden rush of blood to my head one day and decided that it would be more fun traveling on dirt then bitumen. Being young and I must admit a bit stupid I spotted a Daihatsu F10 in a local car yard that looked like new. It was a mustard kinda baby poop colour, had sunraysia wheels was a...
  16. Rusty Panels

EPIRB's who has them.

I'm wondering if anyone shares my thoughts on EBIRB technology. In case you don't know what I'm talking about they are the locating devices that are compulsory on boats that venture out into the ocean. They are also available in a small personal size for land based rescue as well. Emergency...
  17. Rusty Panels

What sort of tyres should I look at putting on my vehicle? Best wearing, probably like most 4x4's 95% Highway 5% Off Road max.

It has no doubt been spoken of before and solutions found many times in the past but, I don't want to sift through all the previous threads to find answers so, thought I'd start a new one. I'm wondering what sort of tyres you guys have been running successfully on your vehicles. I've got 43k up...
  18. Rusty Panels

Adding a winch to an Everest

Hi all, I've had my 2017 Trend 4x4 since new and put off fitting a bullbar till I could source one that I like the look of. I have just ordered an Extreme Series XI bar which is a similar design to a Rhino. I pick it up in a few weeks. I have ordered a pair of 9 inch Kings LED lights and would...
  19. Rusty Panels

Old Vs New

We have all seen people do stupid things on the road and it has been happening since Fred and Barney first stuck L plates on their Mastodons. When I was a kid and on my P's we drove things like EH Holdens and cars of a similar vintage. Back then you had to learn how to drive properly because...
  20. Rusty Panels

Sorry for the late intro!

Hi to all, I decided to join the forums for info on all sorts of things. I've had a total of 8 four wheel drives during my 63 years on the planet 6 of which were Toyotas the current one is a 2017 Ford Everest. I'm pleased to say I made it to the Cape back in the 80's and still love my 4wdriving...