Search results

1. rob_macca67

Land Rover Discovery 1, decent or money pit?

U really haven't mentioned what u mainly are going to use it for... will it be your only vehicle or will it be your weekender? Are u planning to use it as a Tourer or just 4wdriving locally? If it's your 2nd vehicle, then maybe the cheaper option might be the go but if it's your one and only...
  2. rob_macca67

New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

I work next door to the LR Dealership, so during my lunch break I walked over to check one out... My conclusion: #Yes, it may appear big on the outside but looking at the purpose that I would use it for (Touring/offroading) I found the cargo area to be small when compared to what I have now...
  3. rob_macca67

Big overland Australia Trip - Best navigation and maps

I run Garmin V5 Topo maps (also have V6 Lite) and they have not cost me much very little to buy (if u know where to look) so for me I reckon they are great but like everything I've come across there are times where it may not show some tracks and this is where I rely on other mapping Apps. But...
  4. rob_macca67

Agree with this but... They are getting better with time... I remember with my Garmin Lifetime Maps that they didn't have some of the remote tracks on them (eg: Madigan Line; Hay River Track, etc) whereas the OSM Maps do contain these tracks and from my experience, they are fairly accurate as...
  5. rob_macca67

I had a quick look at it but decided for the price which at the time of looking was about $1000 - it just wasn't worth the money for what u get. If it drops a few hundred dollars then I may relook at it. It's probably good to download the manual and see if it meets your needs.... Link to it's...
  6. rob_macca67

That continual jerking from the TC until it finally finds grip - I reckon after a full day of that, it would start to wear a little thin after a while, if not to the point of fatiguing... plus, I just like to see wheel flex when offroad, just looks better - which u don't see at all from the...
  7. rob_macca67

Andrew St Pierre White shares the love with Faj owners

Interesting... Looking at all the photos listed there is none of the rear passenger setup that he had, so I assume he has removed it all and returned it to a standard Dualcab seating arrangments? Looking at the photos - love the colour but there is no way just looking at that I would pay the...
  8. rob_macca67

You have got to be kiddin... You spend more time looking at a flamin screen than u do looking at the countryside... Why the hell LR thought this was a good idea just escapes me... Talk about taking your eyes off the road... Your suppose to hop in your 4WD and go bush to get away from all this...
  9. rob_macca67

Land Rover defender vs Ineos Grenadier New 4WDs for Australia

I'm sorry but I don't agree with u... To my knowledge, the internals is not finished yet and I reckon its too soon to make that sort of statement plus I own an old defender and I'm 6ft and I have not problems with driving it. Yes at first it may seem a bit cramped in the driver's seat...
  10. rob_macca67

Andrew St Pierre White shares the love with Faj owners

Just curious or maybe I've missed something.... but where has he taken it that he now thinks it's no good as a Off-roader? I haven't seen anything where it show's him going offroad in it... (other than getting stuck in a sandy river bed)
  11. rob_macca67

Aggressive AT again, MT, or AT...

It’s like I said.... it comes down to where u are driving and the type of driving u are doing... From your previous comments where u Drive is probably not where most people drive (I take it u are a member of the rural fire services?) if u are driving through burning bush, etc... Tyre...
  12. rob_macca67

There's many different types of Maxxis tyres with some being normal A/T's vs LT A/T's all in the same tyre model. So to boldly say that all Maxxis tyres are no good is a bit over the top... I've run Maxxis MT674 on my zook and they were a great tyre yet others would probably say different...
  13. rob_macca67

Pat Callinan now drives a VW Amarok

Definitely agree
  14. rob_macca67

Agreed... but u also need to follow how much $$ he has sunk into that 105's of his... To me he's gone over the top as well with what he has done to the 105's - It really isn't necessary to spend that sort of $$ to make a reliable Tourer, but when u are a YouTuber, the world is your oyster...
  15. rob_macca67

I've just fitted a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W to my 4WD... Couldn't find anything real negative about them so will see how they go over time...
  16. rob_macca67

I also see the fella off 4XOverland is now also selling his Ultimate Family Tourer as well... Apparently in one of his Video's he mentions the 79's cost $170,000 to build PLUS $60,000 for the Tommy Camper on the back = $230,000 = TOTALLY ridiculous
  17. rob_macca67

I believe he mentioned on his Instagram page that it's up for sale...
  18. rob_macca67

To me... it's just another example of where the Tech that u are starting to see in vehicles is starting to get beyond the average person... I read some of the comments on that video and one person was adamant that the owner hadn't fully read the owners manual and on page 155... My 1st thought...
  19. rob_macca67

Tyre Rotation Diagonally or Just Front to Rear - What's your Thoughts??

I think it was more to the point of is there an advantage in rotating diagonally vs just same side Front to Rear... Tyre rotation is fairly obvious to everyone I would assume if u want to get the most out of your tyres but Front to Rear vs Diagonally - is there a real benefit in that as most...
  20. rob_macca67

Tyre Rotation Diagonally or Just Front to Rear - What's your Thoughts??

I don't believe directional tyres are the norm as most tyres these days are bi-directional... There are a few M/T's that are directional though..