Search results

1. Silveredition

Cheap seat organisers

Hi all, A couple of years back I was looking for seat back organisers for the kids to keep drinks / hair ties / colouring-in gear etc etc. I didn’t really care about what they cost - as long as they were suitable for my needs.... all of the well known brands were looked at, but nothing jumped...
  2. Silveredition

Connecting different sized solar blankets to solar controller

G'day all I have just purchased a Victron 75/15 MPPT Solar controller. I have a Kings 120W solar blanket that I am intending on connecting to the Victron, but was wondering if I purchased another solar blanket of a different size if I could connect both solar blankets to the Victron at the same...
  3. Silveredition

AC DC battery charger

Gday guys, I am wanting to purchase a decent battery charger, and Thought I would look for some advice / suggestions here... I would mainly use it to charge my dual batteries in my 60 series cruiser when camped on powered sites, and at home. The batteries are separated by a Basic Redarc VSR. The...
  4. Silveredition

Rear wagon storage without drawers

Gday all, I have been thinking for a while about making some form of storage in the rear of my 60 for tools etc. I don’t want drawers as I find they take up too much room, so decided to make a couple of boxes to better utilise the space along each side, and over the wheel arches. I used left...
  5. Silveredition

Kids anti-fight device

Hi all, Hear is a photo of a platform I made to seperate the kids for our 18hr drive to Exmouth for the holidays... it locks the esky in place EXACTLY in the middle of the rear seat, provides a couple of drink holders for the kids, and some flat storage... also, once we arrived and the esky is...
  6. Silveredition

Exmouth for the School holidays

Gday all! It has been a couple of weeks since we arrived home, but I thought I would throw up a few pics of our last Exmouth trip for the Sept / Oct school holidays... We stay at Galena Bridge for the first night - arriving at about 1am after leaving home at about 4:30pm - sleeping in swags for...
  7. Silveredition

VDJ76 for sale or swap

So, I convinced my Dad to buy a 76 series in March this year. He sold his Hilux Extra Cab and bought a 1 owner (non miner) 2012 VDJ76 Workmate with only 78000kms on it. He spent the past few months adding things to it and towed his 17ft Jajco to Ningaloo Station for his yearly trip up there -...
  8. Silveredition

Albany - Peaceful Bay

Gday all, We have just got back from a few days staying at Denmark on the South West coast. We stayed at Karma Cottages just out of Denmark and did a couple of 4x4 trips from there... The first was to West Cape Howe - the most southern part of WA. It is a great trip that would be made more...
  9. Silveredition

Thumper Twin Air Compressor install

Gday all, I have just had the above compressor delivered and I am intending on hard wiring / mounting it somewhere on my 60series cruiser. I am thinking of re-wiring it with 2b&s cable, installing a 120amp circuit breaker, and using the cars existing rear window demister switch as the on/off...
  10. Silveredition

1982 Quintrex CC

Gday guys I thought I would do a bit of a write-up on my old Quintrex... My Dad bought it in about 1986 from a professional fisherman who used it part of the year to fish for Spangled Emperor at Ningaloo, and for netting in the bottom of Exmouth Gulf for the remainder of the year. When Dad got...
  11. Silveredition

Beach Shower

Gday all, Over summer the inside of my car becomes a beach due to the kids getting in after swimming, covered in sand and salt water (and usually whinging about being cold)... I had thought about making some sort of a shower for them for ages, but wasn't sure how to go about it... Today while...
  12. Silveredition

Help required with headlight loom

Gday guys, I have had annoying problems with the headlights on my hj61 Landcruiser since I bought it, so have decided to make my own loom... being Negatively switched, it is beyond my limited knowledge, and after spending the last few days searching on Google, I am now more confused than ever...
  13. Silveredition

60 series Dual Rear Wheel Carrier

Gday guys, When I bought my HJ61 it already had a 190L long range tank in it, and a dodgy wheel carrier bolted to the factory rear bumper. The carrier rocked around like it was going to fall off, so it went to the tip and I just carried the spare in the back... I wasn't real happy with doing...
  14. Silveredition

1988 HJ61

Gday all! This is my first post here after spending the past few weeks checking out everyone else's 4wd's etc... My latest 4x4 is this 1988 hj61 Landcruiser - 5speed manual with the 12ht. I have had it for about 2years, and it is my daily driver. I have set it up mainly for touring as we take it...