Search results

1. Silveredition

New Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series Overlander Build

Just personal preference, but I prefer the look of the ARB or TJM Bullbars on the 200. Also, after watching a YouTube video on catch Cans (Xploringoz I think) I would go with the Provent. Will be a fantastic vehicle!!
  2. Silveredition

Most practical and space efficient cooking setup?

This is what we use for a family of 4. Everything is permanently stored in the Nally fish tub, and depending on where we are going, and for how long, we will also take the Darche fire pit and / or the Weber Baby Q. I use a lot of these tubs as they are virtually unbreakable. I have had this one...
  3. Silveredition

show us your camp setups!!

Our backyard set-up...
  4. Silveredition

Cheap seat organisers

Time (and the kids thoughts - as they are the ones who use them and don’t care about price / name brand etc) will tell if they are worthwhile over the Kmart ones.... their feedback may be savage - as it usually is...
  5. Silveredition

Cheap seat organisers

A few more thoughts... The Quick Pitch was installed today, and the Kmart has been there for 2 years (didn’t touch or adjust it for the photo). The Quick Pitch has a rod running horizontally across it near the top to keep it flat, which I like! The Quick Pitch looks and feels very well made...
  6. Silveredition

Cheap seat organisers

Quick Pitch
  7. Silveredition

Cheap seat organisers

Here are a few photos - Kmart
  8. Silveredition

Cheap seat organisers

Hi all, A couple of years back I was looking for seat back organisers for the kids to keep drinks / hair ties / colouring-in gear etc etc. I didn’t really care about what they cost - as long as they were suitable for my needs.... all of the well known brands were looked at, but nothing jumped...
  9. Silveredition

Thumper Twin Air Compressor install

A quick update... After 2 and a bit years the Thumper Twin compressor is still performing faultlessly... I haven’t had a look under the car at how the air filters are going, or what the compressor even looks like, but I use it at least once a fortnight and it just works.... I plug the hose in...
  10. Silveredition

Connecting different sized solar blankets to solar controller

Thanks Buxter, Maybe I should have ordered the 20! Too late now, but I will do what I need to end up with a set up that has a max of 15 amps and 75v...
  11. Silveredition

Thanks Petunia for both the simple and complicated answers! I have done a bit of research today and learnt a lot because of the time you took to reply! Drew
  12. Silveredition

G'day all I have just purchased a Victron 75/15 MPPT Solar controller. I have a Kings 120W solar blanket that I am intending on connecting to the Victron, but was wondering if I purchased another solar blanket of a different size if I could connect both solar blankets to the Victron at the same...
  13. Silveredition

AC DC battery charger

After chatting to a few people I ordered a Victron 15amp battery charger (and a Victron MPPT 75/15 Solar Regulator).... $210 delivered for the charger, and $122 for the Solar Reg...
  14. Silveredition

AC DC battery charger

So can I use a 20 amp charger and charge both from the starting battery at the same time (the VSR will join both batteries once the starting battery gets to the predetermined voltage at the VSR)?
  15. Silveredition

AC DC battery charger

Gday guys, I am wanting to purchase a decent battery charger, and Thought I would look for some advice / suggestions here... I would mainly use it to charge my dual batteries in my 60 series cruiser when camped on powered sites, and at home. The batteries are separated by a Basic Redarc VSR. The...
  16. Silveredition

Thumper Twin Air Compressor install

I think it would be a good idea if it is possible to do. I use mine at least once per week, and havent had any trouble with it, but I always allow the air to flow through it (even using an air blower, I hold the trigger on the whole time). The only dramas I have ever had was when I first used it...
  17. Silveredition

My littls collection of restored zooks I drive one most days.

Love them!! My first car was a baby blue Lj80 Stockman....
  18. Silveredition

1982 Quintrex CC

Gday mate, which sections are you after? I can take photos and measurements if they will help!
  19. Silveredition

1982 Quintrex CC

Gday mate, I did all the work myself.... I should add more photos as I now have a new outboard (although this looks exactly the same as the one in the photos here), and I have upgraded the trailer to 1.5t - which also looks exactly the same as the one in the photos here!!!....
  20. Silveredition

Spare wheel carrier

Just zoomed in.... get another one or 2 studs holding that spare on! There is a lot of leverage and vibration happening back there....