Search results

1. W

11/95 r50

the auto in the pathfinder is holding gears too long so if i am lucky it only needs service, but i am not known for good luck so might also need replacing.. As above, if people think it's a front diff locker that is making the steering like this then will be likely to try and keep it...
  2. W

11/95 r50

I was wondering..... when i engage 4wd the car seems to pull to the left and right....i was wondering if that is normal for these, as my old Jeep and Jackaroo I have owned before did not do this... it is fine in 2wd. I read somewhere that this could be the characteristics of a auto diff...
  3. W

R u ok?

I had a dream last night about using the money spent on ciggies on modifications on the pathfinder and i ended up with this ......?????? *%$#@ But seriously, today i went for a walk the same route as wednesday and this time I didn't vomit... That's an improvement :) Wal
  4. W

Quit Smoking Using Champix

Great to see everyone chipping in on this subject. One always thinks when they do it that nothing bad will happen to me, it's only other people. I thought that, hello emphysema. Even when I was told, I didn't give up. Now I am going to try again when I finish this packet, not long to go now only...
  5. W

Conondale trek with a blast through Mt Mee

No, not in our cars. That is what they call Big Red at Glasshouse at the powerlines on woodford beerburrum road. Only super modified's can do it and on most Sunday's if you hang out there you will see cars going up
  6. W

Text was written from Jo's perspective :)
  7. W

R u ok?

Thanx mate.. I haven't given up yet, there is so much I want to see and do, one of top things on my list will be camping up the beach at bribie... too bad if it's winter , take warmer coats lol, cheers all Wal
  8. W

R u ok?

HERE HERE Ian. Jo's the hero here, I am just a stupid prick who smoked. But every kind comment helps. I am not at oxygen tank yet and I have heard it's not a pleasant ending with emphysema. When I found out later that day I was at Chermside shopping centre. A woman come outside with her oxygen...
  9. W

another great day out bush on the 8th of may. Only Wayne and myself again but we managed a fun but long day out. Starting out at Dayboro we decided that seeing no-shows that we could go to Conondale forest anyhow. so we travelled through Pegs Road up to the Gantry and headed north along...
  10. W

R u ok?

Not many know this. I am dying from emphysema. I have trouble now walking short distances. I am hooked now on 4x4 to get out as much as I can and see at least what is around Brisbane. Through 4x4 Earth I have met an amazing person who probably doesn't even realize how amazing she is. She joined...
  11. W

Diesel

Are the diesel Jackaroo's really that bad or are most good with some horror stories. There are some starting to pop up for under 10grand which market for that price in diesel is usually disco's the odd hilux. I had a petrol Jackaroo and found that ok but I had to sell it as I was having calf...
  12. W

Conondales

Due to Conondale being very muddy in wet weather we have decided to go to MT MEE instead. The Conondale trek will now be June 24 weather permitting. I had my doubts on whether to go to Conondale and all I needed was a regular member and trek member to say otherwise and that has happened...
  13. W

Conondales

Just keeping an eye on the rain atm. If it rains much longer we might decide to go to mt mee instead. I've heard the Conondales can get pretty soggy in or after rain. Will keep everyone posted..... 3 posssibly 4 cars coming now :) Wal
  14. W

Beginner to moderate tracks - Gold Coast

Challenger Jo and I are relative newcomers to 4x4. I have very worn AT tyres and Jo has muds. We have both got fairly standard vehicles, me a pathfinder and Jo's Challenger. Do you think Conondale area will be too wet for us after all this rain for a trip Thursday the 8th. We have some recovery...
  15. W

Conondales

neither possess or have the technical know-how to do so lol. Wal
  16. W

Conondales

May 8 2014 Beerwah to Little Yabba Creek via Conondale Forest Meeting opposite Beerwah Shopping Village in carpark near video 2000 at between 9:00am and 9:15am. This trip is the reverse direction of trek 20 in "25 4x4 treks around Brisbane" book. This is medium difficulty trek and AWD...
  17. W

Mt Mee /b'desert-nerang

Sorry, by the time you posted we were already on our way to beaudesert and missed you Wal
  18. W

Mt Mee /b'desert-nerang

My Nissan won't be there but Challenger Jo is going to pick me up so it's still on, only 2 cars now :( but should still be good scenic day. Don't forget $7 for road permit and a gold coin for lions road donation box
  19. W

Mt Mee /b'desert-nerang

Should be, I am a little cash starved atm because of having to put the nissan into mechanic unexpectedly. Last week because of public holidays we got our pay early, if that happens this week I will be fine. Otherwise Russell will probably take over as guide for this one. Joana is also coming in...
  20. W

Easter 2014 Mt Mee

Great day with 8 cars all up. We started off at Lacey Ck entrance and did A Break and Jacky Ck Road and visited the Somerset lookout before lunch at Broadwater. Then some of us went played in some old quarries and headed back south to Oakey Break before heading back home. Here is some pics taken...