Search results

1. Chatty

Common sense is in short supply...

From the ABC: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-05/driver-with-eight-children-in-ute-tray-on-beach-fined/13034120
  2. Chatty

Help needed to look at a Disco in Adelaide

Has anyone got a little time free to have a look at a Disco 2 in Adelaide for a good mate of mine? It's for sale and the price seems too good to be true. He is getting an RAA inspection but would like a second opinion. I'd have a look, but I'm sorta stuck in Perth for a while... Thanks
  3. Chatty

Servicing in Karratha

Well, we've made it to the sunny (translated: frigging hot) Pilbara and after a couple of weeks in Hedland, Main Roads want me to shift to Karratha for 6 weeks. While we're there Bob (Beast of Burden) (our GMC Sierra) will need a service and I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for...
  4. Chatty

Chatty and Trish are still alive!

Good morning all from sunny Moranbah - you will likely have to resort to Google to find it... Yes, we are still alive, just had an incredibly hectic few months. Got made redundant from my job in Brisvegas, got offered a role (from the Brisbane office of a national company) in Adelaide within 2...
  5. Chatty

Frigging ambushed again...

Got called into the director's office Monday, no warning, no explanation to be told I'm going to be redundant in 28 days. Freaking Ambush tactics at their best. I am so over these companies and these inconsiderate managerial pricks who think that workers are just numbers on a spreadsheet who...
  6. Chatty

First impressions GMC Sierra

As likely the only Sierra owner on here, I thought I would post a quick review about the first three months of owning Bob. Terminology first - the Yanks call these things trucks and I find it hard to argue with them on that branding. We might call them utes here in Oz, but these things are not...
  7. Chatty

That's not a ute - THIS is a ute

As a few of you know, Trish and I have a new baby - Bob. Bob came to us weighing must on 3 tonnes and with his own postcode. Trish and I are thrilled with him and hopefully over the next few months a lot of you will get to meet him...
  8. Chatty

That's not a ute - THIS is a ute

As a few of you know, Trish and I have a new baby - Bob. Bob came to us weighing must on 3 tonnes and with his own postcode. Trish and I are thrilled with him and hopefully over the next few months a lot of you will get to meet him...
  9. Chatty

I will never, ever sell a vehicle privately again...

Maj the Paj has been on Gumtree and Carsales for a few weeks now and it proving to be the most frustrating, annoying and p!$sing me off activity known to man. :mad::confused: First the bloke who wanted the car, wanted it shipped to Melbourne at my cost after I had taken 20% off the price, but...
  10. Chatty

Maj the Paj is for sale

A lot of you on here will know me already, I'm Maj the Paj and I am a keen Earther. Anyway, a few weeks ago Mum said "I'm thinking of a new caravan, but I want to go bigger" to which Dad "That would mean having to buy a new vehicle and we can't afford it, so no way is it going to happen". So, a...
  11. Chatty

Maj exploded

Well, not quite. More like expired with a splutter... Trish was sitting waiting in traffic on Tuesday night, next thing all the dash lights come on, she tries to start the engine - nothing. Nada. Nix. Get Maj towed back to the Caravan Park (we're in Brisvegas at the moment) where I have a...
  12. Chatty

2018 SA Gathering - Voting Page

G'day all, with the SA Committee being largely Brian and myself at the moment I am falling back on democracy to decide where to go for the 2018 SA Gathering. I have narrowed it down to 6 choices (yeah, not a lot of narrowing I know) with some brief comments about each. Prices for camping are for...
  13. Chatty

Car wash info in Sydney

Well, SWMBO, Maj and myself are trapped in Sydney for a couple more weeks for work and Maj desperately needs a bath. Can anybody tell me where I can find a do-it-yourself car wash reasonably close to North Ryde?
  14. Chatty

Batteries off eBay (or the net)

G'day peeps - it looks like the gel cells in my Thumper are finally dying (it is 8 years old, so not to bad a run) and I'm also trying to find a good under-bonnet aux battery for Maj. I'm over trying to find somewhere local that stocks a good range at sensible prices - and it doesn't help that...
  15. Chatty

Peggy Pegs

There was a fair bit of interest about these from people at Wrights Bay over the weekend. I can confirm that: Trish and I will be taking on a distributor role for these We will be able to offer 4X4Earth members a discount Just working out the details at the moment, so watch this space... For...
  16. Chatty

Ford Ranger ad

Does anyone else think the new Ranger ad with a Ranger spinning around and around with weights hanging off it is possibly the stupidest ad seen in a long time?
  17. Chatty

40 ch UHF to remain legal

Looks like you can all hang onto your 40 channel sets a bit longer... http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-03/acma-reverses-decision-ruling-millions-of-uhf-radios-illegal/8235502?pfmredir=sm
  18. Chatty

Sunyee web site

For those of us who have had fun buying stuff from Sunyee on evilBay - they now have a Web site: https://www.sunyee.com.au
  19. Chatty

What's the green corner on my avatar mean?

Just noticed a green corner (top left) on my avatar. Any ideas what this means? James is watching and I'm on my final warning? Recognition that Pajeros really do beat all and we're 'green to go'? I've been tagged as a 'Greenie'? Watch this one - everything he says is carefully measured bulldust...