Search results

1. rob_macca67

Tyre Rotation Diagonally or Just Front to Rear - What's your Thoughts??

Guys, I'm curious as to what people do when it comes to rotating their tyres diagonally? I bought some new A/T's about 20k ago and usually try to rotate every 5k front to back but always on the same side of the vehicle. This time I decided to rotate Front to back & diagonally just to try and...
  2. rob_macca67

Headlight H4(60/55w) Light bulb replacements - what's the go?

re: H4 Light bulb(60/55w) replacements - Went looking for replacement bulbs for the daughters Zook and was blown away firstly at the price and then with some of the claims. $55/pr for H4 bulbs was the cheapest but it's the claims of 50% or even 150% light improvement over standard H4 Bulb that...
  3. rob_macca67

Is it possible to drive to the old historic Kalliwa Hut on the banks of Paradise Dam (QLD)

Guys... I was up recently exploring the Goodnight Scrub NP and I was wanting to drive to the old historic Kalliwa Hut on the banks of Paradise Dam... I tried every track I could find and there was no where I could find that u can drive in to visit the old hut... I was stopped either by water or...
  4. rob_macca67

Byfield National Park Solo Explore Trip

Byfield National Park Solo Explore Trip Report Total Trip Distance: 2579kms Avg Driving Speed: 55kph Economy:11.1ltrs/100kms LINK to all Photos:Photo & Video Album of Trip LINK to Tracklog:Tracklog of Trip Day-1: Well, I finished my Afternoon Shift @ 10pm and headed off towards what I hoped...
  5. rob_macca67

People's experiences with DUNLOP ROAD GRIPPER F 225/95R16 118/116S Tyres

Guys... Just looking around for options in getting a spare set of tyres. I'm looking at a high profile tyre (skinny) with an A/T to M/T tread pattern. I've come to realise that the base model 70's come out in a 225/95/16 size tyre and it got me thinking that most owners would swap out these...
  6. rob_macca67

Is Toyota going to stop selling the Landcruiser in the USA?

Interesting little Youtube Video: Why The Toyota Land Cruiser Is Disappearing From America
  7. rob_macca67

2019-Aug Midweek North & Mid NSW Explore Trip

Link to all Photos: 2019b-Aug Midweek NSW Explore Trip Link to Tracklog:2019b-Aug Midweek NSW Explore TripLOG Total Distance covered over the period: 1348kms / Driving Time: 20h03m Day-1 (307kms / Driving Time [DT]: 3h38m) Left work at 10pm and started my long journey towards my Camp for the...
  8. rob_macca67

Navigation (offline) Apps - Apple vs Android?

Guys, Looking at possibly updating my iPad to a later model but I thought it would also be a good time to see if its worth changing to an Android Tablet for my Navigation requirements. So here's what I currently (or in the future) use my iPad for: > The general daily emails messaging, social...
  9. rob_macca67

2019 Madigan Line (E>W); Finke River Gorge; Southern Simpson (W>E) Trip

Vehicles: '09 Defender Puma 110 Wgn (ours) '10 Defender Puma 110 Wgn (Richard) '97 80'Series Cruiser Wgn (Pete) '85 LR County Wgn (Kev) Link to our TRIPLOGS: 2019 Madigan Line East to West Trip - Part.1 2019 Alice Springs - Finke River Gorge - Uluru - Lamberts Geo Ctr - Dalhousie...
  10. rob_macca67

Bellthorpe-Conondale and Wratten and Amamoor NP Explore Midweek Explore Trip...

Vehicles: Toyota Landcruiser 105's Wgn (Maurice Joe Baldi's vehicle) Cruiser Cockpit Landrover Defender 110 Wgn (My Vehicle) Defender Cockpit LINK to all photos: 2019 Midweek Explore Trip with Joe B The Plan: A 3 day midweek explore trip up through some of the areas that I’ve...
  11. rob_macca67

2018 - NSW 3 day Midweek Explore Trip (in my Defender)

Map of where I went: Trip Stats: Vehicle: '95 LR Defender 110 Tdi300 Wgn Distance: 1123kms Time Frame: 3 days Economy: 11.8ltrs/100kms LINK to all the photos: 2018 - NSW Midweek Explore Trip Photos Day.1 (363kms / DT:7h22min): Headed off around 7am and made my way down to Beaudesert for...
  12. rob_macca67

TRIP from a time long past - 1987 Cape York Trip

Was going through some VERY OLD photos from my younger days and I came across what I was my very first 4WD Adventure Trip....A trip to Cape York back in 1987.... We did this trip not long after leaving school when we had bought our 1st 4WD's. Where we use to live, it was quite hilly and there...
  13. rob_macca67

2018 Victorian High Country Trip (2x Defenders & a 80's Cruiser)

Extra Details of Trip: Tracklog of where we went:2018 Vic High Country Triplog Link to move photos: 2018 Vic High Country Google Photos or here: 2018 VHC Photos and Videos Total Distance:4278kms Fuel used: 630.12ltrs Economy: 14.7ltrs/100kms (Towing Trailer) Vehicles: '95 Landrover 110 Defender...
  14. rob_macca67

(VHC) From Abbeyard Rd to Wonnangatta Valley to Eaglevale Campsite?

Guys, We're heading down to the VHC in the next couple of weeks and we plan to basecamp for 2-3days at King River Campsite, leave our trailer there and head out exploring from there. Our 2nd Basecamp is at Eaglevale Campgrounds at the junction of Eaglevale/Wonnangatta Rd. To get with our...
  15. rob_macca67

2017 The Gorge & Old Grafton Rd Trip Report

2017 The Gorge & Old Grafton Rd Trip Report Distance Travelled: 1694kms Economy: 11.4ltrs/100kms All Photos can be found here:2017 The Gorge & Old Grafton Rd Trip Trip Log of where we went located here: Triplog of 2017 The Gorge & Old Grafton Rd Trip A Map of our travels...
  16. rob_macca67

VHC Track Protocol & Comms - What is the Protocol on single lane Tracks in the VHC

Gents, As we are planning our 1st trip down to the VHC, I was just wondering what the protocol is when driving in the VHC, especially when the tracks are really only meant for one vehicle - what do u do when u come across a vehicle in the opposite direction, especially when towing? Is there a...
  17. rob_macca67

VHC - Places to Basecamp that allows u venture out to explore....

Guys..... Up and until our recent Christmas trip the mate & I had changed our minds in taking trailers (ie: leaving them behind)...... Then after our trip, the trailers are back on the cards as it will just make a few things a lot easier with kids. I could probably get away w/o the trailer as my...
  18. rob_macca67

Choosing the RIGHT VEHICLE for Overlanding Video - Interesting....

Guys, I sat down and watched this video last night from Andrew St Pierre White about what makes a good Overlanding Touring Vehicle and what "Brand" of vehicles to use. Knowing that he had a long history with LR in his early days but now mainly driving Toyotas, I thought it would be interesting...
  19. rob_macca67

My Defender's First Solo Day Trip - A shakedown Trip

Well, after working on the Defender in what seems like forever in getting it to a stage where I feel confident when driving it, it was time to take it on its first solo bush trip, so I decided to explore the western parts of Bellthorpe SF and also Kandanga Forest Reserve areas. From a quick look...
  20. rob_macca67

Sundown NP's 3 Defenders Weekend

Finally had gotten my Defender to a point where I thought it was time to take it on its maiden trip and no better place than Sundown NP. The plan was to meet the other defender driver at the Caltex Servo at Stanthorpe at 8am, so we left home around 5am in order to get to the meeting spot on...