Search results

1. GPS Guru

Cheap Diesel

Is it lack of competition?
  2. GPS Guru

Cheap Diesel

I filled up today at United in Mahoneys Rd Thomastown. i was expecting to pay around $1.12 per litre as I find them very cheap but it was 0.987 per litre, the cheapest I had seen for years. Plus I got a further four cents per litre off courtesy of a Collingwood Footy Club membership. is there...
  3. GPS Guru

What is the matter with some people?

I was in Wonnangatta the other day and some idiot has driven off the defined track right past a sign with a notice stating that a $2,000 fine is applicable for doing exactly that. These morons go and ruin it for the rest of us. Pull your heads in if any of you idiots responsible for this sort of...
  4. GPS Guru

Catchcan for Mitsubishi Challenger

Thanks fellas. Looks like a Provent.
  5. GPS Guru

Dash cam

I love the Garmin. We have two of them. I had used a Uniden before but it wasn't very good. I enquired with Garmin about leaving it fixed to the windscreen but they were rather non committal about it. Having said that, I have left mine on the windscreen but with a window shade covering it. I...
  6. GPS Guru

Dash cam

My Garmin dashcam doe not lie! Lesson: don't tussle with a GU with a bullbar! I tried to place the video with this posting but it is too large.
  7. GPS Guru

Catchcan for Mitsubishi Challenger

I'm looking at installing a catchcan on a 2011 Challenger with the 2.5 turbo diesel. Any recommendations for a good quality one?
  8. GPS Guru

Water Leak in Mitsubishi Challenger?

Wise words indeed.
  9. GPS Guru

The upshot was that my son called the RACQ who inspected it and suggested there may be a leak along with internal corrosion. The mechanic advised not to drive it to work and even consider a tow to a repairer as it required an inspection. Well he ended up driving to a repairer and it turns out...
  10. GPS Guru

Vehicle Insurance

Does AAMI cover you off road and for vehicle modifications?
  11. GPS Guru

Vehicle Insurance

Unfortunately I reversed into a large wooden electricity pole about six months that was placed against the gutter and did some damage to my left rear quarter panel in my 2001 GU. The premium increased by 50% ($700) and I haven't had a claim for years. I did expect an increase but not that much...
  12. GPS Guru

Vehicle Insurance

We have three fourbies insured with Club 4x4 and have been very happy with them until recently. All vehicles are registered in Victoria however my 18 year old son has temporarily moved interstate for work and taken the 2011 Challenger (registered in Mums name) with him and he is now the sole...
  13. GPS Guru

Yeah, that’s because he took the photo first.
  14. GPS Guru

Beaut. Thanks for that.
  15. GPS Guru

Well apart from the fact that he is in Brisbane and I am in Melbourne and he has tried tightening it (which was the first thing that he did) and doesn’t have a great deal of mechanical knowledge at 18 years of age, I thought we might get a knowledgeable response on this forum.
  16. GPS Guru

Inside the grey pipe in the picture?
  17. GPS Guru

My son sent me these pics from his Challenger today and I suspect a water leak to state the obvious! The reservoir was nearly empty. I’m wondering if it would be just a case of replacing the hose or could it be something more sinister? It’s a 2011 model with the 2.5 diesel. Also, any...
  18. GPS Guru

Old Man Emu Suspension for GU Patrol For Sale

Just done the GVM upgrade and have a set of OME suspension for sale. They came off a 2002 Y61. Four coils and four shockers of which one has a slight weep. They gave the truck a 50 mm lift when installed. Pick up in Diamond Creek. $200 not negotiable.
  19. GPS Guru

Nissan GU Patrol Winch Bar For Sale

I have just upgraded to an ARB bar and have a Nissan winch bar for sale. It has come off a 2002 Y61. Everything is together and should just bolt on (bolts and nuts etc not included). A bit of a paint and a scrub will have it looking pretty good. There is just one area on the top that could be...
  20. GPS Guru

Driving Lights on Mitsubishi Challenger

Beauty, thanks. What size lights and do you consider the light bar worth having?