• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Search results

1. Karl Fehlauer

Wheatbelt Wanderings to Eaglestone Rock

Had a great trip out into the Wheatbelt and caped at Eaglestone Rock for two nights. Visited some interesting places and saw lots of wildflowers - it's great living in WA :p :p The Wheatbelt is full of large granite rocks including Kokerbin Rock which is reputed to be the 3rd largest...
  2. Karl Fehlauer

Winter Escape to the Kennedy Ranges

Well with winter here in WA, myself and two mates decided to take a quick trip north to the Kennedy Ranges visiting old stations and other places of interest along the way. It was an excellent trip with no major issues and ended all too soon. I took a few images along the way and have made a...
  3. Karl Fehlauer

Eagle Rock and Beyond - My take on Sharkcaver's Shitty Tag-a-long Tours

Headed out with Shane - aka Sharkcaver - for a trip around the North-eastern Wheatbelt and Yilgarn Regions of WA and had a great time despite the dodgy tour leader :) :) :) I have put together a YouTube Video if anyone would like to watch - it isn't the best especially with the sound but I am...
  4. Karl Fehlauer

Finally a weekend away!

With some restrictions being lifted here in WA, I managed to get out with a few friends camping over the weekend and it was good just to get away. Found a great spot on the Murray River here in WA and spent a lazy couple of days just sitting around the fire talking. With further restrictions...
  5. Karl Fehlauer

My Awning Extension

Been using the quiet time to do some modifications to my camp set up. I have a 2 x 2.5m awning and when I camp I have an awning tent that fits under it to give me shelter and protection from bugs etc but I didn't have anywhere to sit in shade or set up my cooking gear etc so I decided to use...
  6. Karl Fehlauer

Nannup - WA Long Weekend

Took some members from my 4WD Club (The Four Wheel Drive Club of WA) and The Isuzu 4WD Club of WA down to Nannup for the recent Labour Day long weekend and had an absolute ball. Saturday afternoon was spent exploring the Ellis Creek State Forrest and Sunday was spent driving the Adelaide Rd...
  7. Karl Fehlauer

D'Entrecasteaux National Park with Shane the Sharkcaver!

Well, having been recently made redundant I had the opportunity to head off on a trip with Shane Watts (aka Shane the Sharkcaver) and a friend of Shane's (Bruce) to explore the D'Entrecasteaux National Park in WA's south west and had a ball. I saw a bit of country that I haven't seen before and...
  8. Karl Fehlauer

Rocks and Ruins

Having been made redundant recently, I decided to head off with a mate and go and do some camping and photography to help clear the mind. I decided to head up to the north eastern Wheatbelt and Yilgarn Regions of WA in search of rocks and some ruins. The first day we headed from Perth (after...
  9. Karl Fehlauer

Julimar Forest with the Churchlands High School Fathers Group - A day out learning to 4WD

My 4WD Club took some fathers and there kids out for a day to teach them how to use their 4WDs off road - most had little experience but that was restricted to very basic stuff. We had nine vehicles / fathers and about 15 kids and everyone enjoyed themselves. We gave them a run down on 4WDing...
  10. Karl Fehlauer

Ninghan Station, WA - Sep Long Weekend

Been a while since I posted anything here - anyway took some members from my 4WD Club to Ninghan Station for the Sep long weekend and what a great spot. We camped at Wardaggar Rock for two nights and spent a couple of days exploring the station. The station is no longer a working station and...
  11. Karl Fehlauer

Helena and Aurora Ranges - Labour Day Long Weekend WA

Been a long time since I have posted on here so I thought I would share some images from a trip I did on the Labour Day long weekend just gone. I had planned this trip for about 6 months and took 15 vehicles from my 4WD Club along for the ride and had a great weekend (and a few dramas as well...
  12. Karl Fehlauer

Dirk Hartog Island

Just back from a trip to Dirk Hartog Island, WA and thought I would share some images with you as I have been very quiet of late as I am still recovering from a double knee replacement operation. I was with a group of guys from the Four Wheel Drive Club of WA and we went over on Sunday 03 Jun 18...
  13. Karl Fehlauer

CAPT Fawcett Track Dwellingup

Headed out with members of my 4WD Club yesterday (The 4WD Club of WA) and did the Fawcett Track through Lane Poole Reserve - it was a great day and my first trip sine I had a double knee replacement surgery back in Dec 17. I was a little sore at the end of the day and unfortunately wasn't able...
  14. Karl Fehlauer

Drone Photography - Share Your Images

I have recently purchased a drone - a Phantom 3 Standard. One of the reasons for buying it was to add another dimension to my photography when I am out and about 4WDing, camping and touring this great country of ours :D I am slowly getting used to it and learning to fly the thing as well as...
  15. Karl Fehlauer

Wheatbelt Wander

Took a couple of mates on a quick trip through he Wheatbelt of WA in search of wildflowers, unfortunately there wasn't too many about but it was a great weekend for just getting out and about. Headed out from Perth through Goomalling to Dowerin then Trayning and up to Billyacatting Hill for...
  16. Karl Fehlauer

Mid-west Adventure

SWMBO and I headed off for a quick week long trip through the mid-west region of WA, I haven't been out that way before so I was keen to have a look. Headed off on Friday 23 Sep 17 in the midst of a massive storm warning for the southern part of WA and the rain stayed with us until we reached...
  17. Karl Fehlauer

A little bit of a brag

I hope you guys don't mind but I am feeling a little bit chuffed :D I was asked to participate in a photographic exhibition called Submerged Collective being held in the exhibition room at Team Digital here in Perth. I am one of five underwater photographers asked to participate and last night...
  18. Karl Fehlauer

Winter Gymkhana Photos

On the weekend my 4WD Club (The 4WD Club of WA) held it's annual winter gymkhana and this year I was the organiser and designed the event as well as marshaling them. It was a great weekend despite the rain and lots of fun. After the main event some of the guys had a play in the mud - so here are...
  19. Karl Fehlauer

Bonfire

My 4WD Club has access to a property to the north of Perth to use and have fun, so on the weekend we went up there to give it a clean and to get ready for our winter gymkhana in two weeks. One of the jobs is collecting wood for a bonfire and once we had enough collected we asked the farmer if he...
  20. Karl Fehlauer

Lake Ballard and Eaglestone Rock, WA

Took my 4WD Club for a run up to Lake Ballard for the long weekend. Made good time getting to Coolgardie and then took the Coolgardie North Rd to Lake Ballard. Unfortunately with a convoy of 13 vehicles the dust was a major hazard and slowed down the trip which meant we didn't arrive until...