• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Search results

1. phs

Oscar Piastri

Big congratulations to Oscar, The Melbournien took the crown in his first season of Formula 3 huge accomplishment hopefully we will see him in F1 soon https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/oscar-piastri-claims-maiden-f3-championship-win/556dbd0f-d304-4c87-a29e-8ecd0b152660
  2. phs

Water contamination Melbourne

As some are probably aware 99 suburbs in Melbourne have been told to boil there water due to contamination cause by a power outage.. Seems like something is a miss with what actually happened all critical infrastructure have Diesel engines as back up because unfortunately power outages happen...
  3. phs

Any horticulturist amongst us ?

Hi, Trying to get some info on how to help my lillypilly Pinnicles grow faster, Planted them as 1.8m advanced plants about 3 years ago and have since grown about 100-200mm I using native osmocoat sparingly twice a year, have the ground topped with sugarcane mulch and water regularly in...
  4. phs

Mt Skene

Hi looking for some info on rough travel times from Jamieson to licola or vise versa, via Skene with snow Going to apply for a permit just need to get some ideas on times to see if we are going camp at one end, both ends or just day trip Also which direction it is better to travel licola to...
  5. phs

FS: Oztrail fast frame tent tourer 420

Oztrail fast frame tent tourer 420, set up in seconds never used still in carry bag. $360 pickup Warrandyte
  6. phs

Anderson connection, crimper ?

Hi, looking for alternatives to buying a large crimper In order to change a lead end from crocodile clips to Anderson ( solar panels )
  7. phs

FS: 200 series 2014 Sahara wheels

Hi, 5x factory Sahara rims and tyres for sale tyres 4x 85% tread 1x 100%. $800 Pickup Warrandyte area
  8. phs

Howqua hills and Mitchelles track

Hi, Any Info on these 2 tracks, thinking of going up to tobacco flat or further up to Michelle’s but can’t find any info if these are seasonally closed, my maps say there are gates but could nt see them on the seasonal closure list ( but I am know to have selective vision )
  9. phs

Snatch rings

Hi, Any one who has used one able to recommend a brand ? The Maxxtracks snatch ring look great but they are $200 such a simple product seems very $$$
  10. phs

Mr4x4 new amarok

Very interesting, legally fitted 35s and big lift I had only every heard 35 would not be allowed 315 equivalent as a max looks like he has done it on an Amarok I must say good setup, but I’d imagine the cost would pass that of a supertourer
  11. phs

Long term storage

Hi, Given our current state of affairs it seems our 4wd will be out of action for some time.. So what’s every ones thoughts on long term storage? Diesel is the first thing that comes to mind, being a newer CRD ( 200 series ) how long will it last before going bad, we have 170lts ( tank is full )
  12. phs

Bush Barrier Vs Rhino Hide

Hi, Looking at purchasing one or the other any feedback pros and con from users would be great
  13. phs

Cleaning Alloy Bullbar

Hi, Any tip of wats to keep an alloybull bar clean and the to easiest way to polish up once dull ?
  14. phs

Sand 4wd / camping close to Victoria

Hi, looking to Mix things up that Boxing Day 10 year straight we have done the High country been a ball but looking for something different for trip number 11 so what is a good place close to Victoria we can drive on sand and camp preferable not with every other man and his dog if that’s...
  15. phs

Melbourne to Birdsville and back in 3 weeks

Hi, looking for ideas on places to visit / stay while going to Birdsville and back in 3 weeks, we have a young family, 3 and 4 Y/O so don’t want relentless 10 hours days driving trying to limit driving days to 5 hours give or take. i have been to flinders ranges in the past and will stop...
  16. phs

King suspension dealers Melb

Hi, Looking for a recommendation for a King suspension distributor/ installer in Melbourne preferably east suburbs. Cheers
  17. phs

Transferring new car NSW to VIC

Hi, Anyone able to inform me the fine detail with transfer NSW to VIC I have the vic stamp duty amount but can’t find info on other cost with changing states ie Reg? Does the NSW transfer over or am I up for another 800?
  18. phs

North of Cann river ?

Seems to be a lot of bush north of cann river any one able to recommend any good campsites or tracks ? Looking at heading down with some mates for 3 nights
  19. phs

Association Liability insurance

Hi, Anyone able to recommend an affordable insurer for a 4wd club set up as an associated incorporated Go an online quote and came back at over $1000 for 10 members Thanks
  20. phs

Adjustable Shock settings

Hi, Been playing around with the BP51 settings on our Prado, looking for feed back and opinions from members about settings for rebound and compression over different terrain, so please let me know your thoughts or experiences When installed ( 30k ago ) ARB set them to Front C4 R6 Rear C3 R5...