• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Search results

1. Albury_Pajero

Pics of your 4wd in Beautiful Places

Great photos!! Amazing spot no wonder you're sworn to secrecy
  2. Albury_Pajero

Abbeyard - Lake Cobbler Track

Hey Lars, no it doesn't. Although you could follow the stream overland to the top of the falls. I know people who have done that. there's no track however.
  3. Albury_Pajero

Abbeyard - Lake Cobbler Track

Had a recent get away to Bennies Camp Ground in the Alpine National Park. Great spot and I highly recommend it if you get a chance to check it out. Two long drop toilets and a wide variety of camping areas. Some great views of Mt Buffalo on the way to the start of the Abbeyard - Lake Cobbler...
  4. Albury_Pajero

Beginners Tracks South East Melbourne

Hey Mick, Welcome to the group. I've been driving my Pajero off road for only about a year and mostly solo. Prior to a year ago limited off road experience so I get where you're coming from. Best advice I can give you is similar to everyone else here. Get decent tyres as a minimum. Even a...
  5. Albury_Pajero

Jeep Track - Mount Stanley

Couldn't agree more, as I tend to drive solo a lot and the winch has gotten me out of trouble a few times where I would otherwise have had to walk to get mobile signal and then had a long wait for someone or, as in the case on the weekend, probably have ended up with panel damage due to an...
  6. Albury_Pajero

Thanks for that, often wondered how much I'm giving up having AT Tyres instead of muddies in terms of traction. Just as this is my daily driver it's at least 80% on bitumen so went with a decent AT Tyre. Sounds like you know the track. Rises about 400m in fairly short succession, and yes...
  7. Albury_Pajero

Hey Everyone, well decided to tackle what I 'thought' was a fairly straightforward sunday drive up Mt Stanley (VIC) via the Jeep Track. Apparently having had rain within the last week or so made a big difference. Let's just say took me about 5 minutes to drive up as far as I could on AT Tyres...
  8. Albury_Pajero

Lake WIlliam Hovell towards Top Crossing Hut

Hi Everyone, headed off towards Top Crossing Hut on the weekend. Track is in pretty good condition, first water crossing was fine, second at the King river (about 2/3 of the way to the Hut) was too high and too fast for me to be willing to tempt it solo without a snorkel. Some pics along the...
  9. Albury_Pajero

Mt Selwyn Rd - Walsh's Track - Vic High Country 17/8/19

Can't personally take the credit for that one. One of the guys with me had a good size Stihl chainsaw. Managed to cut through that log in about 15 minutes.... He keeps it pretty sharp.
  10. Albury_Pajero

I'd agree Swaggie, Walsh's track was an easy drive. Lake Cobbler track was a lot more cut up than the last time I'd been up it (few yrs ago) but that's probably a function of the time of year as well. Have to get back and check it out in summer next year. Still travelling East to West was not...
  11. Albury_Pajero

Lake Cobbler Track - McIver Camp Ground to Lake Cobbler

Yeah, swimming didn't actually come to mind :-) Was wishing for a hot fire and a cold beer....
  12. Albury_Pajero

Lake Cobbler Track - McIver Camp Ground to Lake Cobbler

It'd been a few years since I'd last done this track and in it's current condtion there's no doubt we were travelling the easier direction. There are steep climbs whatever way you go but some of the hills we went down had been well torn up through traffic and snow melting making them wet and...
  13. Albury_Pajero

Had the chance to head up to the heli-pad near the top of Mt Selwyn and check out the snow and couldn't pass it up. We hit one large tree blocking the track but were able to clear it in about half an hour, less time than we thought, especially since we passed a couple of vehicles coming back...
  14. Albury_Pajero

VIDEO: VIC High Country Snow Trip

Great video as always! Thanks for the share
  15. Albury_Pajero

Last Paj question - for a while anyway - NX GLS - Lockers? Or not actually lockers?

Yes, but not always sure what I find. Thanks for the links. That harrop elocker looks like not suited to the NX but found another that is. Appreciate you posting them.
  16. Albury_Pajero

Last Paj question - for a while anyway - NX GLS - Lockers? Or not actually lockers?

Thx mate, would you know if there is one available for an NX Pajero?
  17. Albury_Pajero

Merricumbene FT, Dry Creek Campground and Oulla Creek FT - Deua NP

Great video as always. The mapping app was that memory map or something else?
  18. Albury_Pajero

Thx that's what I thought... good point about the difference between how the wheel's behave in traction control vs lockers, that makes sense. Thanks everyone for your replies! So, can you get an aftermarket front locker for the NX Pajero? Or not having a solid front axle is that just not an...