• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Search results

1. Rojac

South Australia - Change to Pastoral Act - PAR's

I filled in the submission and submitted, I got it through a bike group of who the adventureriders were concerned that the changes to the pastoral act may limit access to PAR's and if you read it through the proposed alternate model, it may be that there are charges to use the land which would...
  2. Rojac

South Australia - Change to Pastoral Act - PAR's

To the mods, this would only be applicable to anyone in SA, move to wherever you may deem more suitable, if at all Taken from elsewhere... But it could impact those 4X4's here in SA. **Attention** The South Australia Government is trying to change legislation of the Pastoral Act, which...
  3. Rojac

Thoughts on 75 Series Ute

Great allrounder, I have a1990 HJZ ute with canvas canopy, basic no electric gimmicks to go wrong, comfortable, I'm 6'4" and find it very comfortable especially on long trips, you sit with a good posture, it is gutless more so as the km's roll on, I have a 1HZ with just over 460,000km, doesn't...
  4. Rojac

'Special' Diesel

The main reason I asked was that Mobil "special" diesel is selling between 15 - 20c a litre cheaper than most of the other brands at different servo's, again thinking its some sort of bio blend, so that appears not to be the case, thats a saving of over $20, per fill better in my pocket than theirs
  5. Rojac

'Special' Diesel

For some reason always thought their special Desiel was some sort of bio diesel blend, hence never gone near it
  6. Rojac

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Welcome to the disposal society, where in 6 months what was top of the range goes to obsolete
  7. Rojac

Had a gut full

Seems to apply to most of my hobbies unfortunately, including boating
  8. Rojac

Main Starter Battery (what brand)

Well two years later battery is still going, seems to loose water in one cell but I have topped it up with acid, twice now and fully charged it, and it keeps going although I suspect that it won't last winter, but 5 years from it hasn't been too bad
  9. Rojac

Staked Tyre

I suspect that it was buggered from new and they tried to balance the buckle out rather than replace the rim. I haven't hit anything with the force to buckle the rim. Even this "new" one that was fitted, has a massive amount of lead on the inside so I suspect that it will also end up giving...
  10. Rojac

Staked Tyre

Ended up buying another tyre, and when having it fitted noted that the rim was buckled, that in itself goes to explaining some issues that I was having so had them order another rim, I have CSA Ranger steel wheels, anyway rim turns up and go pick up the wheel, go to fit it and find out that they...
  11. Rojac

Staked Tyre

Well getting the tyre repaired for thirty bucks, an internal patch and that now becomes my second spare, have no intention of driving it on the road but only offroad if I'm unfortunate enough to wreck my main spare in a way that it can't be temporary fixed, then bingo some tyre is better than no...
  12. Rojac

Staked Tyre

Really don't know how we all managed to survive thus far when there weren't all these rules and regulations, that have been put in place to protect us from ourselves:(
  13. Rojac

Staked Tyre

I was looking at an internal patch as part of the repair, the repair that you describe @2luxes would probably end up costing more than a replacement tyre Know of many people that have used those noodles repairs and thats lasted the life of the tyre If they are deemed to be illegal then the...
  14. Rojac

Staked Tyre

How long has it been since they deemed this an illegal repair??
  15. Rojac

Staked Tyre

Taking it to someone to do a repair on a $300 tyre, the cost would have to make it viable, a std repair is $33 at the local bloke, anything much more than this would be a waste of time, can understand if you have an expensive truck tyre but for anything else its questionable hence the DIY, as...
  16. Rojac

Staked Tyre

Picked up a small stake into the internal top edge of the tyre, not technically the sidewall Dropped it in to the local tyre guy around the corner to plug it as I didn't have the time to do it myself. Guy said it was a sidewall stake and wouldn't repair it. The hole is on top of the tyre so...
  17. Rojac

Broken Hill Recommendations

Bells Milk Bar is worth a visit for a trip back to the 50's
  18. Rojac

What actual difference did your Bullbar make ?

I stuck a couple of those cheap arse roo whistle thingos on the bar after hitting a couple on the advice of a mate, was skeptical but for a couple of bucks and so far it seems when I approach them they seem to bolt in the opposite direction, could be coincidence but so far so good
  19. Rojac

What actual difference did your Bullbar make ?

And the police, who will have little idea of whats compliant or not will enforce this through defects, so if your are compliant then its the hassle and cost of getting the defect off, upside you then may have paper work to prove you're ok downside downside the cost
  20. Rojac

Pesky annoying telemarketers copped my wrath.

My two hounds from hell keep any hawkers away from my front door