• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Search results

1. Choook

Corona virus

And do you think you would get a straight, succinct, honest and complete answer from govco? My knowledge of grubberment officials and the way they answer questions sees it going something like this...... "We considered 5 other options (without elaberating on what those options were) and we...
  2. Choook

Corona virus

I may not agree with some of what Dr Young (Qld CHO) has implemented and I think some of her decisions are close to heartless and others based on politics . But making death threats against her is going too far. Voice your opinion by all means by don't advocate violence, there are too many...
  3. Choook

Corona virus

Absolutely agree. There is much of NSW that has no community transmission and no active cases. Why can they not come to Qld to spend their money? Why can I not go to those areas of NSW to spend my time and money? I can, I just can't come home without a ridiculous 14 days of user pays quarantine...
  4. Choook

Corona virus

No one is saying "hey, just open everything up and let it rip, every man/woman for themself". We can open up society including borders but with some sensible precautions in place. The numbers would not be anything remotely like your spreadsheet predictions. Hand/personal hygiene, masks where...
  5. Choook

Corona virus

If our votes really counted for anything, they wouldn't let us do it.
  6. Choook

Corona virus

Fear and control. For the media it is all about fear. If the population is fearful then they watch more news, read more news, to keep up with what is going on, the media just feed the fear. For the grubberment it is about fear and control. They pedal the fear narrative to the media who...
  7. Choook

Corona virus

Well, what I'm getting at is that the grubberment and media will have us believe if you are positive you will die. What the figures appear to show is that a small percentage of those positive will require hospitalisation and a small percentage of those hospitalised will require ICU treatment...
  8. Choook

Corona virus

Read this last night. I've said before, the more you test the more you will find. Maybe someone can explain this to me, because I can't find figures or information anywhere. When Vic was recording 700+ positives daily, how few of those were ending up in hospital? And how few of those...
  9. Choook

Corona virus

Found this article a little interesting given that it is a front line view point. https://sebastianrushworth.com/2020/08/04/how-bad-is-covid-really-a-swedish-doctors-perspective/
  10. Choook

Corona virus

So when...err...IF we get a vaccine for this Chinese virus what will the next Influenza outbreak be like after we have lost our herd immunity? Will people maintain the current levels of hand and personal hygiene? I doubt it. Does that mean if we get a vaccine to this Chinese virus that our next...
  11. Choook

Corona virus

And there is the major problem the world has right now.........o_O Who do you believe!??!!! Wear masks. Don't wear masks. Go to work. Stay at home. There is so much confusion in the available information "from medical experts" and guidelines/rules from governments that people don't know...
  12. Choook

Corona virus

Withheld the fact she had epilepsy when she attended the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst..... hmmm... Not the trustworthy type I would have wanted to serve with or (as she would have become a Commissioned Officer) under.
  13. Choook

Tanami X11 Hybrid Offroad Camper .

I used to work for this bloke. I'll just say I don't work for him anymore.
  14. Choook

Corona virus

As I said, there are laws governing how we should operate a motor vehicle. But people make choices to drink and drive or take drugs and drive or speed or just be a hoon. Sometimes, unfortunately, these choices have deadly consequences. You cannot stop people from making bad choices. I don't...
  15. Choook

Corona virus

People must be allowed to make their own choices, even if those choices are bad or seem ridiculous to others. Their are laws that govern us for bad choices while we are driving or working or undertaking many other tasks and pastimes, but people still make bad choices. I know that those making...
  16. Choook

Young 4X4'er will learn from this Cape Arid N.P. experience

Should have went on Shane's Tagalong Tours with @sharkcaver
  17. Choook

New YouTube channel

As you're down there and I'm up here that maybe a little difficult. But if you are ever up this way give me a shout, and I'll look you up if I'm down that way.
  18. Choook

Corona virus

I got my microscope out and look what I found. :oops:
  19. Choook

New YouTube channel

Nice well done, you finally mentioned your focal length was begining to wonder what it was. Hope to get together one day and compare notes. Had a look at your webpage, some very good work. I like the quote on your home page "an art of observation" so many times when I was driving trucks I would...