Search results

1. CaptainBanana

Winch Warranty's - Who to Support and When to Walk, Warn,Runva,Ironman,Carbon,Tmax etc

The whole country is a bit slow right now, stick with it.
  2. CaptainBanana

Winch Warranty's - Who to Support and When to Walk, Warn,Runva,Ironman,Carbon,Tmax etc

They started with exceptional service, become a recognised brand and then like everyone else decide volume of sales is more important than service. With that said does anyone actually believe running a winch in and out is somehow going to evaporate water trapped in there? Even if you run it's...
  3. CaptainBanana

I think due to the age of the device it's probably not unfair for you to pay some shipping although I wouldn't normally accept
  4. CaptainBanana

Pics of your 4wd in Beautiful Places

Really? I'll have a look tomorrow.
  5. CaptainBanana

Seeking advice - used 120 prados

The most capable cars have live axles front and rear - jeep is one of few who still make them. Unlike Toyota's with live axles jeeps actually flex too so you can go an awful long way in a stock vehicle. Now jeeps reliability and support is not really there with Toyota.
  6. CaptainBanana

The prado has about 70 litres more boot capacity, about 10% more. I would also go the Jeep but twin live axle is very different to what the Toyota products offer in terms of drivability on road. Surprised about the pricing, when I was looking low kay fjs were more affordable. I haven't looked...
  7. CaptainBanana

Prado isn't big out back, some (most?) have 3rd row seats. The fj has no luxuries other than manual air con. It doesn't have adjustable steering wheel either which made it horrible for me. The back seat windows don't work and except for dogs your passengers will hate it and probably throw up...
  8. CaptainBanana

Corona virus

I agree with this statement almost entirely mate could not have said it better.
  9. CaptainBanana

My carbon has been worked hard only a few times but does well. Remotes far far better than runva pos and like you say IF a problem arises they're in Melbourne. Runva has lost my recommendation too.
  10. CaptainBanana

I usually buy the highest spec because I love things like automatic climate control and automatic wipers and all that other crap but if I was looking at a 120 and I didn't have kids I would also consider a FJ Cruiser.
  11. CaptainBanana

Not go add to much food for thought but have you considered an fj cruiser.
  12. CaptainBanana

Actually I got the runaround from runva right up until I made a post about them this very thread and like magic my problem was resolved overnight.. Unfortunately for them I went and bought a carbon winch the next time around and my mate who's currently shopping for a winch is also now looking...
  13. CaptainBanana

Clearview or similar mirrors

Hmm don't know about that. I learnt to drive massive Aussie and American cars with mirrors the size of cigarette packets so a prado mirror is hardly small. My current heep has smallish mirrors but I can't say they're an issue either. Sorry I can't help on this one.
  14. CaptainBanana

Clearview or similar mirrors

Are you just looking for mirror suitable for towing?
  15. CaptainBanana

UHF splitter

I wonder how much loss is actually caused in the real world using these..
  16. CaptainBanana

Triton Ml 4M41Turbo Upgrade

My patrol used to sound like that but it actually had an RB30 just like the VL he is dreaming of, so yeah at least it was the right base.
  17. CaptainBanana

Triton Ml 4M41Turbo Upgrade

Flutter is essentially trapped air between the compressor wheel and throttle butterfly when you lift off in a hurry whilst on high load. If you don't have a blow off valve or other way for air to escape you'll get the noise providing the air intake pipe pre airbox is large and free flowing...
  18. CaptainBanana

Any compressor recommendations please?

Mine's permanently mounted in the back of the car and having a remote means I can switch it on and off from where I stand, this makes reading the pressure while inflating much easier and more accurate.
  19. CaptainBanana

Correct - myself and a mate both have them and there is nothing nicer than being able to trigger it on and off from each wheel rather than running back to the switch.
  20. CaptainBanana

I have the current Mean Mother which has a wireless remote control and that makes all the difference especially if you don't have onboard air with a tank, auto cut off and all the extra bits and pieces.