Search results

1. T

Slow and steady 76 series build

I have some friends who are into the drifting scene, the company is pretty popular with some of that crowd. When I mentioned I was looking for an extension they sent some info about these ones my way. Feels good and solid, and avaliable with custom engraving, mine has the 'Slow N' Steady' as...
  2. T

So been a while since the last update, life has been pretty busy. Also life has thrown a curve ball that means a re-shuffle of modification ordering. Portals will have to wait for now, but definetly still planned. The vehicle hasnt had much happen to be honest. I have installed the PVS panel...
  3. T

$250 pre-order, its $300 full price. Stedi panel is $80
  4. T

So I received the PVS replacement switch panel in the mail today. I must say I am pretty disappointed.... After strong implying that it would be moulded on social media it is definetly 3d printed, a powder bed type printer with a coating on the front to smooth the finish. One of clips was also...
  5. T

Yeah absolutely, I was planning on all of those thing anyway. so when I looked into portals it makes sense. I'm ok with spending a fair bit as I plan to keep the car for many years.
  6. T

I got quoted 30k + shipping to WA. It is alot of money, but if you add up the cost of a track correction housing, chrome moly axle shafts, brake upgrade, transmission mounted handbrake upgrade, GVM upgrade with 4 inch lift and 35s (higher GVM than possible with other diff housings), high output...
  7. T

The blokes at Marks say its all fine and can be engineered post rego no problem. It counts as replacement diffs, you just have to keep the designed track of the diff you are using. Have done plenty in all states. Apparently they only fit the system through certain workshops to ensure its always...
  8. T

I am planning on a hardshell rooftop tent (I like the look of the bush company alpha atm), mainly because they are strong enough to carry some weight on top if needed (or a small tinny maybe ). Being 27, hopefully climbing up there won't be too much of an issue. Alot of thought is going into...
  9. T

PSR have some that apparently will cover the front, Looks like some that might cover the rear. I'll have a chat to them later on in the process. If all else fails I am reasonably handy with 3d design and have a mate that builds industrial 3d printers (2mx2mx2m printing area). I can send him...
  10. T

As previously mention the portals upgrade fix the track difference and further increase the track front and rear by 80mm. Should be nice and solid once its done.
  11. T

ecu remapping [ultimate diesel engine failure ]

Another major player is the 'safety factor' built into pretty much any mechanical device that is built. This is a strength margin that allows for manufacturing defects, wear, manufacturing tolerances, and so on. Some parts may be significantly stronger than the design use case, but some may not...
  12. T

Its definitely smaller than a patrol or 200 series. But I knew that going into it. With the size of some of the modern 4x4s (navara, ranger etc) I would almost call the 76 a mid size wagon. If I wanted a bit more space I could have easily just ordered a troopy, but this will be plenty for me and...
  13. T

A few things progressing. Saving for the portals has started, with a little extra also being put aside for little things here and there. Plan is for the portals to go in over the xmas break next year. This means I'll need to order and pay for them September-ish. A few extra things will need to...
  14. T

https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-latest-7-inch-double-din-android-8-1-0-car-navigation-system-with-built-in-4g-module.html Just be aware prices are in USD. Unit is quite quick and responsive and looking the goods so far.
  15. T

It is, but It has satisfied a curiosity that would have constantly bugged me . It may end up in another project car anyway... I have an eye on and old skyline...
  16. T

Unfortunately not. It also seems that while it has lots of option on the unit, toyota has decided only very basic info would be sent over the OBD-II port. A little frustrating as it means I won't get a few bit of info I'd like, but its not completely useless. All other OBD-II compatible cars I...
  17. T

Haha yeah, posted there as well. A lot to get done on it yet. Need to decide what to get it to show, what the alarm points will be, if I'll use the shift light etc.
  18. T

So my new head unit and the Haltech IC-7 are in. The speakers and some spotlights are also sitting there waiting but I have had enough for today. Both went in without too much difficultly. The stereo has a few hole either side that need blanked, but apart from that I'm happy. I ordered it with...
  19. T

Nothing new has happened yet, but excited for lots on the way. After humming and ahhhing for quite a while, I have decided to hold off on the suspension etc (76s really dont need it for 90% of stuff), and delay the potential portal upgrades for a few creature comforts. Currently on order are...
  20. T

Shock selection, length vs longevity.

Yes they are notoriously stiff, and I know more work would be needed to get it moving well. I am beginning to more more towards the Konis the more I talk to people though. Everyone who is getting good flex from the superiors seems to have done rear coil conversions.