Search results

1. twisty

LPG 20% price rise. That hurts ...

Had trouble finding somewhere with lpg yesterday and the one mob that did wanted 93c/l (normally 78). Pulled in at my local this morning and, bugga me, 93! 20% rise overnight. Asked the checkout chap and, of course, he had no idea. The local rag has just posted an article saying the lpg is...
  2. twisty

ACT Earthling Spring 2013 Meetup EOI

Cancelled because it's gunna rain! Just can't win sometimes. see my post here G'day you mob, How about a meetup? 10 November is good for me (is this a long weekend?). Same as the other trips. 9am meet at Condor Hut. Travel via Picadilly Circus and Gentle Annie to Flea Creek . Then...
  3. twisty

EOI ACT Earthlings Meetup

CANCELLED Seems a few of us are ready for another meetup in the Brindies. I suggest .... 4x4 Earth - Canberra Chapter Meetup and Brindabella day trip. Dry weather only. Family friendly. 9am Sunday 3rd March, 2013. UHF 16. Meet at Conder hut (S35 18.795 E148 52.304 (copy n paste into...
  4. twisty

4x4 Trip Bucket List ...

A day trip into the mountains got SWMBO and I talking ('bout time). What 4x4 trip/track/location is on our bucket list? I suggested the outback, the centre and the cape but "we" decided on ... Tasmania. Fair call, she spent some time there in her youth (many ... MANY years ago) and would like...
  5. twisty

Car runs over sleeping family at campsite

:eek: from Car runs over sleeping family at campsite - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Four members of a family are in hospital after the tent they were sleeping in was run over by a car at a campsite on the New South Wales south coast at the weekend ... None of the injuries...
  6. twisty

ACT Earthling Club - Conditions Apply

Just for fun ... Membership is now open for members of the 4x4 Earth "ACT Earthlings Club". Membership requires a picture of your rig in front of "the sign" posted in this thread. edit: October 2013, the sign is GONE! A photo of your rig where the sign USE TO BE is acceptable. I claim...
  7. twisty

EOI - Canberra Chapter Meetup 2nd Sep

WARNING - TRIP LEADER HAS BAILED! THIS IS FATHERS DAY. CANCELLED! unless someone wants to pick up the ball There are a few new earthlings in the area and it's bee 6 months since the last one, so, how about ... 4x4 Earth - Canberra Chapter Meetup and Brindabella day trip. Dry weather only...
  8. twisty

EOI - Brindabella trip in April12

G'day y'all, Time for a new thread. There are a few earthlings out there who feel a need to explore the "brindies". :cool: But when? After Easter is good for me and then I'll be keen almost any time. I think Dave is heading up there this coming Saturday and Stockman is a regular it...
  9. twisty

Man dies when car drifts out to sea

From auntie ABC A man has died after his car drifted out to sea. Police say the four-wheel-drive got stuck in sand about 8:30pm ACDT on Sunday at the Murray mouth at Goolwa, south of Adelaide. Witnesses said the vehicle was being driven along the beach earlier. The current dragged...
  10. twisty

Thanks for the sub forum

Thanks 4x4 Earth. Very Shiney :D Mods, would you move these threads from NSW to ACT for me please. http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/new-south-wales/15858-act-dizzy-canberrian-sick-driving-circles-wants-go-wheeling.html and...
  11. twisty

ACT - Canberra Chapter Meetup Sunday 19Feb

Cancelled - ACT Canberra Chapter Meetup Sunday 19Feb Cancelled due to weather Lets try again soon G'day y'all. There is a bit of interest in a Brindies trip so, how about this? 4x4 Earth - Canberra Chapter Meetup and Brindabella day trip. Dry weather only. Family friendly. Meet...
  12. twisty

ACT - Lowells Flat

SWMBO and I are headed to Lowells Flat (near Mckintyres Hut) via Flea Creek 1st-3rd January 2012, weather permitting. travel together, camp ... not together ...
  13. twisty

ACT- Dizzy Canberrian sick of driving in circles wants to go wheeling

Let your tyres down and lets get dirty! Weekdays, weekends or camping in the region. When do you want to go? From Bega to Batemans Bay, and Tumut to Thredbo. Where do you want to go? Who's interested ? What do ya say?
  14. twisty

Canberra region trips sub forum

Although the number of Canberra chapter 4x4 earth members may be small I ask if a "Canberra Region" trips sub forum could be created? This would cater to an often overlooked group of 4x4 groupies. Those not in Brisbane or Melbourne :p Our region is bejeweled from the Brindabellas to...
  15. twisty

Vanity's Crossing closed to protect ACT water supply

from TAMS website "Territory and Municipal Services wishes to advise the public that from Monday 6 February 2012, Vanity's Crossing, which crosses the Cotter River, will be permanently closed to vehicle access to protect the ACT's drinking water supply. Gates will be installed on either...
  16. twisty

Where's my track?

Dear Moderator, The 4x4 Earth Canberra Chapter met last weekend in the Brindabellas. I submitted a track with gps and pics last Saturday 20 August. I suspect I've made a mistake and not submitted the track properly as it does not yet appear in the track list. I don't want to resubmit in case...
  17. twisty

Mid Life Crisis

G'day everyone, Nice to be here. I'm told most men who have a mid life crisis buy a sportscar! I bought a 4x4 instead! So, semi retired and looking for adventure, a deal came up that I found hard to refuse! Now I'm investigating gps nav and tracks, dreaming of getting dirty, oh, and...